All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 3 August 2008

Knitted toy ...

Thank you for all your guesses as to what i was making. Christine you came up with such good ideas and i really thought you were going to guess. It was such fun to tease you all, but unfortunately no one guessed right .... I made a topsy turvy dolly!!!

Holly turns into Ivy when the skirt is pulled over her head, here you can see each of them. I've made a Cindrella one in the past, one side she is in rags and the other her ballgown. It's another pattern by Jean Greenhowe the same designer as the bunnys, i have several of her patterns and they always turn out so nice. Fingers crossed she does well in the show at the end of the month.

A lovely surprise for me to receive this award again.
Thank you to both Lori-Ann and Edda
These are the rules:
1. The winner can display this award on their blog
2. Display a link to the person you have got the award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs, you like.
4. Set the links to the blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a comment on the blogs you have chosen.

This time i have decided to choose 7 that i read. These always bring a smile to my face when i read what they have to say and often i find myself laughing out loud and have to explain to DH that i am not in the throws of complete madness, just interacting with my online friends.
Karen
Lynn
Karan
Coni
Rachael
Cyndi
Jennie

Take care, lots of love

13 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Please forgive me for one big reply to three posts Julie.

1. I am so glad you had a lovely birthday and wow you did do well for stash.

2. Oh Morris is so cute, even though he has had to be confined behind bars lol.

3. Well I should have guessed, Shiona had the Cinders doll and a Red Riding Hood and the Wolf one. She also an indoor/out door one with a dress for one side and coat and muff on the other but that one was stitched not knitted. Yours is really lovely and I do hope she does well for the show.

icelandmom said...

What a lovely topsy turvy dolly you knitted. I hope she does well in the show. I have the scarecrow pattern (somewhere) did knit the scarecrow family while I still lived with my parents (long, long, long time ago). It is sitting in a box in our storage (the family, that is). I like Jean Greenhowe's patterns a lot and easy to follow instructions. Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Lori-Ann said...

Oh, how cute is that little doll? I loved those as a kid.

brokenfairy said...

What a wonderful knitted toy!! Good luck for the show!
Thank you for the award :0D

Karen said...

she came out really well

Jenn said...

Hey Julie ... I nominated you too for the same award as Lori-Ann.

I love those dolls. They are way too cute!

Lisa said...

I love your topsy turvy doll! She is so cute, not seen anything like that before.

Itching To Stitch said...

Your topsy-turvy doll is just adorable ;)

Christine said...

Aha! I should have guessed. The bairn had one that was Red Riding Hood and Wolf/Granny.
She is lovely

tintocktap said...

Love the topsy turvy doll - I'll have to look out for those patterns!

Sally said...

Oooh I love your topsy turvy doll Julie. What a brilliant idea! They look so cute!

Autumn is looking good. Every little stitch helps as I keep telling myself!

Morris is a cute little froggy! Doesn't seem too unhappy about being behind bars!

Congratulations on another award!

Mylene said...

Your dolls are just toooooo cute!!!

Congrats on the award!

Tanja said...

I love the topsy turvy dolly!
My mum used to knit a lot of dolls, I've actually never tried it myself, but this is so cute, I might give it a try one day!

Good luck in the show!

Tanja