All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Birthday gift ..

Amy's friend will be 21 on Thursday and i've been searching for something nice for her. I think there must be a rush on girls being 21 in this area, all the special gifts in the shops seem to be for men... beer glasses, wine glasses with rude rhymes and strange fluffy toys! After no success in about 10 shops, i turned to my trusty friend the needle and thread and made her this stuffed hanging pillow.

I've also received another award from Jenn, thank you Jenn, but i am not nominating anyone this time.

Happy Stitching

13 comments:

Karen said...

lovely pillow I am sure she will love it

Christina said...

Very cute pillow.

xstitch.nl said...

Needle and thread will always come through... ;o)
Very sweet!

Christine said...

That is so much nicer than anything you could have bought in a shop

brokenfairy said...

That is so lovely, My Niece will be 21 this year,I better start looking for a present now!!

Lisa said...

Awww, that's so cute, Amy's friend is sure to love it. I still need to try one of those with the gathered ribbon, they look so effective.

Ginnie said...

That's a lovely idea, and makes it more special as it is handmade.

Sally said...

That is gorgeous Julie. I bet Amy's friend will love it.

Mary Ann said...

A lovely gift for Amy's friend--very pretty!

Lori-Ann said...

cute pillow, Julie.

Itching To Stitch said...

Adorable little pillow ;)

Elisa said...

What a pretty pillow, she will be delighted I am sure....

Julianne said...

Julie,

What a wonderful pillow you made! I think the gathered ribbon edging is simply perfect for it. Well done!

Thanks so much for always visiting my blog and leaving comments. You are so sweet.