All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 1 September 2018

August - Scavenger hunt photos & round up of the month

I'm pleased to be joining in with Kate at I Live, I Love, I Craft and the Scavenger Photo Hunt for August.  

You can source a new picture or use one you already have in your albums



The words for August were :-

Tea/Tee  

This is the front of a lovely wooden box given to me by a blogger who I met in person a few years back.  She is also a scavenger hunt pic poster .... do you  know who it might be?   No tea inside, that had been drunk when I received the box so I cannot vouch for the poshness of it!


Thyme/Time


Time - a family heirloom clock

 
Aisle/Isle


The aisle at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham in Norfolk.  It's the church in the grounds of the Queens estate. 


Fairy/Ferry


One of the fairies that can be found in the community allotment Fairy Garden.  The children love to play with these when they come to help out.


Flour/Flower

 

I couldn't decide which of these from my garden I preferred so you get to see both the cosmos and the hydrangea.


Own choice
 
 
A selection of DD's 250 homemade cakes from her fundraiser for RPUK (see previous post)
 
You can find the link-up post for other scavenger hunters here.
 
 
 
ROUND UP FOR AUGUST
 
Books read ...

 
 
 
 
Craft finishes -
 
The two school cardigans
 
 
 
A little conversation with Isabelle my 7 year old granddaughter went a bit like this ....
 
Isabelle ~ Nanny, what will you knit now you've finished my school cardigans
 
Nanny ~ a pair of socks (and I told her all about Yarndale Sockline organised by Christine from Winwick Mum blog)
 
Isabelle - Can I help choose what colour to give away - as she was fondling the sock wool stash I was choosing from.  I think we need fatter socks to keep feet warm, a bit like the ones you made for Babar (her special name for grandpa)
 
He had these last August ....
 
 
Nanny ~ there is only enough wool left for one sock so we cant use that.
 
Isabelle ~ What about this one? 
 
Nanny ~ that's another ball with only enough for one sock (although it was the same wool but a different colour)
 
She thought for a moment or two and then said with such delight ...
 
Isabelle ~ Nanny,  when I see homeless people sitting on the streets in the town they look sad, so I want you to knit different socks to make them smile and be happy using this pretty wool
 
So, our parcel that went off to Christine ready for the Yarndale Sockline 2018 contained a pair of odd socks that look like this ......
 
 
and I had one granddaughter that was very excited and happy that we were helping someone to keep warm in winter.
 
Isabelle wanted to write herself "With love from Isabelle and Nanny" on the ticket that was attached to them and I included a note to Christine explaining why she was receiving a strange 'pair' of socks.
 
 
 
So, if you are visiting Yarndale this year and you happen to see an odd pair of socks, you will know where they came from!
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie  
 

26 comments:

  1. Lovely post Julie with my favourite pic being the beautiful colours in your flowers. I will admit to admiring those gorgeous socks you've been knitting & just saw a post on a friend's blog about sock knitting, which I've still not tried on 4 needles. Thanks for sharing & take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Scavenger photos. Love the story of the socks and I'm sure whoever receives them will smile for a long time. Love those school cardigans

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your aisle picture. Quite the nicest aisle from all of us. What a lovely grand daughter you have for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I like aisle and time and your pink flowers are gorgeous. Love the photos of your crafting pieces too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story! I'll look forward to opening the socks and please tell Isabelle they will definitely make someone very happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures and text; I like Cosmos flowers but so do the snails and slugs so I've given up growing them! I will be going to Yarndale and will look out for those socks; what a clever (and thoughtful) granddaughter you have. Whilst I do like the aisle photo, the socks made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely story Julie, your granddaughter sounds like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like warm homemade socks even if they are mismatched! I think they are charming and your grandaughter is very sweet! You accomplished much in August!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie Isabelle's story has brought a tear to my eye and has warmed my heart. You two are wonderful. ❤️ God bless you both for thinking of those who truly need a pair of socks and a SMILE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos and I love the chosen words this time. Sounds like an English lesson! Wonderful story with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... I so love your sock story, Julie! What a sweet, loving granddaughter you have in Isabelle :) I bet they will be the most fun pair of socks received!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post Julie ,you have a wonderful heart and sounds like Isabelle is very much the same .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely scavenger photos :) thank you for joining in and your socks look so cheerful and beautifully made - I have never even tried knitting socks and admire those who do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos Julie, and I just love Isabelle's sock logic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to Yarndale this time so I will have a look out for Isabelle odd socks, such a great idea, I love her logic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet granddaughter you have Julie, she is so very kind as are you the knitter of these beautiful socks!
    I loved Three Things About Elsie did you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos and scavenger idea, I´m off to see what it is about. Love the story of your granddaughter, what a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your grand daughter is a sweetheart. The socks turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love the odd sock story :)

    Your scavenger hunt collection is good too (I only did one word out of each pair too!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your beautiful photos. The story about your grand daughter is just adorable. How sweet of her. I've noticed it's cool now to have not matching socks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie, Isabelle is darling and I think she takes after her special Grandma. Loved the sock story so much. Your scavenger hunt was fun...great photos. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those socks will definitely bring a smile to someones face, as well as keeping their feet warm. Your daughter's cakes look very professional, no wonder she raised so much money with them. I haven't read Still Me, I absolutely loved Me Before You and I have read After You but kind of wished it had been left as a stand alone book rather than having sequels. I'll probably get round to reading Still Me at some point though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Julie, I loved the story about the odd socks … so very special.

    Enjoy the up-coming weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed the scavenger hunt photos. Especially those beautiful flowers from your garden. And what a lovely heart Isabelle has. Someone will not only have warm feet but hopefully a smile on their face.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice pictures that you chose.
    And I love the story of the pair of odd socks. That's a great idea and I love that pair. They look so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely story about Isabelle and the socks.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.