All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 26 August 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - August

 
Gifted Gorgeousness, founded by the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.

A way to show goodies of any kind that have been gifted to you, or you have gifted to others.
 
 
 
This months knitted gifts are the two red cardigans my granddaughter Isabelle asked me to knit for her.
 
Finally finished in time for the new school term next week.
 
 
Each one very different but they do fit her nicely and she was pleased with them both.
 
 
The gift of support is something that I am very grateful for.
 
My lovely daughter held a cake bake and raffle at her place of work to raise awareness of Relapsing Polychondritis and money for the charity RPUK
 
 
A lot of people donated prizes for the raffle and Amy made 250 cakes and some cookies to sell during the event.
 
 
 
 
A huge thank you to friends who visit here, family and those who attended on the day and to all who donated to the Just Giving page to boost the fund and help Amy reach her target.  There is still quite a bit of money yet to be added to the total she tells me.
 
Love and blessings to all
 
Julie 
 

 

22 comments:

  1. I can remember the joy of sending my daughters to school in hand knitted cardigans, they wore red as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post full of kindness and gifts - very uplifting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely cardi Julie, your granddaughter will have the memories of her knitted cardigans. I know that I do from when my mum did the same for myself and my sister - it is such a fond memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigans are perfection Julie. Your daughter worked very hard and has much to be proud of in helping her mother.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigans are lovely, Julie. You must be so proud of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely knitted cardigans Julie my Mom always knitted my cardigans and so did I for my girls .

    Enjoy your day .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cardigans and in a lovely colour too, Isabelle will be the best dressed girl in school. Well done to your daughter, that's a lot of baking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cardigans are lovely, I especially love the top one with the bobble flower border. Did you use the pattern once before? I seem to recall a pink one?
    Well done to Amy for the bake sale/ raffle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your beautiful cardigans. My MIL still knits me one every year for Christmas!
    The cake sale is a great fundraising idea - who doesn't love cake and cookies for a good cause?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the two cardigans you did. They are beautiful. How sweet to do the fundraiser. I hope she raised a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful those cardigans are, Julie! Does the entire school wear the same color or does she just like red? I'm glad the cake sale and raffle earned some funds for the charity. I do hope you are doing as well as can be expected... Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie the sweaters are gorgeous. What lovely gifts they make. Your daughter id an amazing job raising money for a great cause. I know you are very proud of her. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your knitting is gorgeousJulie,your granddaughter's uniform colour is a lovely red.Your daughter did you and herself proud.I hope helping RPUK
    can lead more of the medical profession knowing the signs and to much earlier diagnosis and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely school cardigans, beautiful work Julie. Amazing amount of cakes and cookies for a good cause. I hope a lot of money was raised.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cardigans are lovely, Julie! And what a wonderful thing for your daughter to do. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughters baking was truly a labor of love. What a wonderful thing for her to do. Your sweaters are gorgeous, you are a very talented knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cardigans, Julie! Especially love the first with the cute flowers!
    Gosh your daughter did so well making all those cakes!
    I hope a lot of money was raised.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such happy cardigans for your granddaughter. And delicious bake sale! Was she tired of cupcakes afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the sweaters you made for your granddaughter. She certainly had a happy start of the new school year wearing one of them.
    Good that the cake sale was such a fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGoodness, they are adorable! I bet she looks adorable wearing them.
    That's a lot of baking, good for her! I hope you were able to sample a one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cardigans, Julie. I'm not surprised that Isabelle was so pleased with them.
    I'm pleased to read that the fundraising event was successful.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.