All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018

New Toys

My trusty magnifier broke at the weekend so I was searching for a new one.

I came across the Mighty Bright Vusion and it was offered on sale how could I resist.  Even better that it was offered at a better discount price at a well know UK sewing supplier and delivered next day, it arrived this morning.


Very lightweight, it unclips from the base to clip onto my frame.  The light has two strengths and it came with batteries included.  The magnifier is a bit smaller than my last one but I'm keen to give it a try this evening.  The base has rubber stoppers on the bottom (and it's magnetic) so will stand on the table and i'll be able to see to put on those fiddly little beads around the edges and it will be useful when making up ornaments and prevent me going cross eyed.

DS bought me some new sock needles for Christmas from Knit Pro after hearing me mention that the bamboo ones I was using were getting a little worn.  He must have looked at the ones I was using as I didn't tell him the size I needed and they were a complete surprise.  I've given them a try this week with a new pair of socks with a rib pattern DH was keen to try.

 
DD thought I might like another hobby.  Peter Rabbit colouring book and pencils were a nice present for those moments when concentration is lacking.  She knows that a crafter doesn't like idle hands. 
 

 
I hope you are having a good week so far.  We woke to a sprinkling of snow this morning but it soon melted quickly and then again this afternoon another light covering, which has also melted. 
 
Stay warm and cosy and happy crafting.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie  x
 


20 comments:

  1. I am sure that the new magnifier will work a treat. How thoughtful of your DH, mine would never think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I had one of those lights and loved it and wore it out...must replace it! Second, I love the Beatrice Potter coloring book...I must look for one! Love the sock color and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an older version of the Mighty Bright. It works great. The Beatrix Potter coloring book is sweet. I hope you enjoy coloring. My mother is mad for it for several years now. She gave me a book to try it. I just cannot get into it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts from DH, colouring is very restful. Enjoy your new equipment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift from your husband. I must look out for that colouring book and pencils, my daughter is Peter Rabbit crazy. I hope your new magnifier works out okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sheep point protectors are great! I enjoy "snacking" on coloring books. I'm not crazy into them but they are nice to just pick up and add a color here and there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use those knit-pro Symphonie knitting needles, best knitting needles I have ever worked with. Your colouring book looks lovely.

    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

  8. What fab goodies Julie .
    We had a flutter of snow yesterday but melted before it hit the ground.
    Have fun with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely gifts Julie and how thoughtful of your DH and DD. The magnifier looks Great, I hope you get on with it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review of the magnifier, I have a really small one but I need something a little bigger and I think this would fit the bill. How lovely that your son bought you such a lovely surprise, an effort like that is always much appreciated. I use the Zings from Knit Pro, I had a try of the Hiya Hiya Sharps but they really live up to their name and after I'd stabbed myself one too many times I put them to one side. Mick's auntie bought me a colouring book and pencils a couple of years ago but it got packed away when we were decorating and I haven't seen it since, I think it's in a box in the loft, I must get Mick to track it down. I remember colouring with the kids when they were small, it can be really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How we managed without these lights and magnifiers,how people in the middle ages stitched by candlelight is beyond me. OOH sheepie needle holders very nice. The socks will be lovely and cosy for a certain persons toes. Such a thoughtful man. Colouring is not for me but if it helps when your concentration is missing why not ,and Peter Rabbit is right up your street. Take care Julie .xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the new magnifier. It looks NIIIIICE!!! How are you liking it so far? What a nice surprise from DS. Love the color of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the magnifier and so sweet of DD to bring you the colouring book and pencils. What a neat sock pattern! I'm thinking I might have to attempt socks this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great new toys. I enjoy the coloring books too. Just no time to do all the hobbies I enjoy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your next post reports on what you think of your new magnifyer and light,it looks ideal in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't stitch without a magnifier now after using one for so long, although I did have trouble getting one that was a good or as big as my last one when that broke.
    Enjoy your colouring book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think lighted magnifiers are the best ever invention for stitching. : ) And next day delivery -- that's excellent service. As a child, I always had to get a new coloring book and crayons when I went out, and I'm just as drawn to them as an adult. : ) Hope you are enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also have to say that these magnifiers are the best tools that exist - at least for me as I couldn't do a single stitch without magnifier.
    Enjoy your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've got some of those knitpro needles, they're lovely and smooth to work with.
    Great new magnifier too

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've got the MightyBright floor magnifier and lamp stand and I would be lost without it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.