Enforced extra rest on doctors orders for the past few days has meant a couple of finishes.
The organza embroidery kit Tall Trees from Rowandean Embroidery had the final satin stitch trees added and sits beautifully in a wooden frame (frame purchased from Sainsbury's supermarket). It was to be a gift but DH really likes it so I think perhaps we will be keeping this one and i'll have to think of something else for the gift.
At Needlecraft Haven we do a seasons SAL of smalls.
I have taken part for the past 3 years and this year when looking for something else came across a printed out set of charts from Lynn at Happiness is Cross Stitching for one of her older seasons design. There is a link on the right hand side of Lynn's blog to the chart set and also a tab to her other free patterns at the top of her blog - thank you Lynn.
Stitching completed, it's now also made up ready for when Spring arrives next month.
The front...
and the back ....
The other seasons are equally as lovely and will be finished just the same through the year.
It's parlour night with Miss Barb on Wednesday evenings and we all virtually stitch together on a weekly project whilst chatting and eating virtual cake!
Mum bought me this bookmark kit on a holiday to Scotland and it's been sitting in my cupboard full of kits for quite a while. I decided this year that some of those kits are going to be used. So, this is my new Wednesday project for parlour nights. I've just noticed I photographed it with the bookmark upside down - I must make sure that I check before I start next week that I have it the right way round.
Sunday will be reveal of the monthly challenge so next time i'll be able to show you another finish as well.
Thanks for calling by ......
Love and blessings
Julie x
I've been thinking of you Julie and hope that rest and relaxation helps get you back on track heading in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteOh Julie, I hope you are feeling a bit better with some rest? I can see why your husband wants to keep the Tall Trees. :D Your Spring stitch is so cute. And so is the bookmark!! Reminds me of two dogs that lived down the street when I was a girl. A family had a Westie and a Scottie. Named them Salt and Pepper. :D
ReplyDeleteI hope your relaxing is making a difference for you. Beautiful finishes and great new start. I just love the Spring pillow. Adorable!!
ReplyDeleteJulie, I do hope you feel better each day. Take good care and get the rest you need. I LOVE Tall Trees too and can see why your husband wants it to stay in your home. You will come up with another great gift. Your stitch by Lynne is so sweet and I love the back as much as the front...that is one of my favorite sayings. And the bookmark from your Mum is such a sweet gift. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes Julie, your embroidery is beautiful. I hope the extra rest has benefited you as well as your stitching (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your enforced rest period is at least providing you with some extra stitching time, Julie. I can see why your husband wants to keep your first piece for your home--it is such an appealing landscape. And your spring finish is adorable--I look forward to seeing the other seasons.
ReplyDeleteAww... aren't those Scotties so sweet! That will make a lovely bookmark...
Take care now and I hope the rest helps... Sending a caring hug your way :)
I hope that the extra rest has been helpful, Julie. You've completed a couple of lovely finishes! And those Scotties and Westies are adorable. : ) I've been looking for some bookmark patterns -- they used to sell bookmarks by the checkout in the bookstore, but I haven't seen them lately. So, I've been using some interesting things to mark my page. : ) Sending hugs -- take care.
ReplyDeleteAhh, the spring pillow definitely has daffodils, not just ones I've imagined. Wonderful! :D The Scotties/Westies bookmark is going to be super cute finished up. Looks like a fun stitch too! You are making the best use of your forced rest!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are being so productive during your rest time.
ReplyDeleteThe embroidery piece is gorgeous. As is the spring finish.
ReplyDeleteHope your resting helps you feel much better sweet friend.
Lovely stitching , your embroidery picture is lovely no wonder you are keeping it.
Lovely little season pillow , and love the book mark you have started .
Take care Julie , rest has much as you can , hugs and xxxs.
The embroidery is really beautiful, I can see why your husband likes it so much, I'm sure you'll find just the right spot for it in your own home so that he can enjoy it. Those little Scottie dogs and Westies are so cute, a lovely project to stitch away on during your parlour nights. I hope the extra rest is helping and that you're feeling much better.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy, they all look lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe embroidery picture is very effective, and something a little different.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your parlor stitching and I hope the extra rest is doing you some good.
Take care. x
Hello there my dear friend, I am hoping I am not sending germs with this as you have enough on your plate. I am sending gentle hugs your way,however wow you are achieving so much and the embroidered piece is lovely ,I have been tempted to do one of these kits but not succumbed yet. Spring piece is just so "springlike" for want of a better word. On Saturday when we walked Effie you could almost believe it was a spring day,we wandered along the beach with herself dashing in and out of the water but not out of her depth.So I shall sit myself in the corner of the parlour with a mask on .dratted cold. See you later sweetie .xx
ReplyDeleteGreat finishes Julie, the embroidered trees are gorgeous, I'm not surprised DH wants to hang on to them,
ReplyDeleteHope your rest is helping
I hope you have been getting the rest you need and soon feel a little brighter in yourself. Your finishes are beautiful. I am hoping to spend a couple of hours stitching this afternoon in the conservatory as the sun is shining brightly.
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes, Julie. The organza embroidery kit is a lovely finish. Even if DH didn't like it so much, I think you should keep it for yourself.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning! xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteYou've certainly made the most of your rest time Julie, I hope your health is benefiting too. How lovely that your husband wants to keep the embroidery, it really is very pretty. The bookmark is adorable, you can never have too many bookmarks!
ReplyDeleteLovely craft work.Tall Trees is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI hope your rest time is doing you good.
I am glad that you are making the most of your enforced rest. Stitching time should be available on prescription!
ReplyDeleteNice finish on the embroidery, the frame is perfect.
You take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteCute daffodil ornament! Ready for spring! I love the embroidered tree line. I love the Scotty dog bookmark, too cute!
Julie, I hope that the enforced bed rest helps and at the very least it is a good excuse to rest. Does bed rest really mean bed or can you sit on the couch with your feet up? I think that lying down all day would be most uncomfortable after a while. Thinking of you and sending healing hugs!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon. Your works is lovely.
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxxxxx
You used your rest time very wisely, Julie. All these finishes are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope that your doctor is more satisfied with your health situation by now and that you feel a lot better.