All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 15 February 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness February inc Friendship Exchange

Gifted Gorgeousness - read all about it on Jo's blog, time to share things you have gifted to to others or anything that's been gifted to you.... fabric, threads, handmade goodies, anything you like really.

Feb 14th of course the postal service was going bonkers with valentine cards, gifts and flowers although I guess nowadays not so much with social media etc.  I took part in a friendship exchange at Needlecraft Haven with an opening day of valentines day.    Receiving day for our parcels was a few days earlier to make sure everyone received in plenty of time.

A list of items had been given that needed to go into the parcel -

Make, stitch or buy a friendship card
Skeins of thread (themed/colour of your parcel)
Small friendship gift
Freebie chart printed out

Instead of going with a red/love theme, i had a bit of an idea.  The flower of the month for February is the violet -


This was the first time I had received Mary's address in an exchange and even though I had actually met Mary at a meet up a few years ago she hadn't received a RAK bunny from me.  

I knitted up Miss Violet and added skeins of Vikki Clayton silks in violet and purple colours.   A nice card was purchased and a little slate saying on a hanging plaque about friendship.   I came across an old freebie chart from Cosmic Handmade from 2010 that was perfect for stitching friends.  All wrapped in purple tissue and tied with purple ribbon off it went in the post.

 Here's my parcel for Mary -



The parcel I opened came from Clare.  

Inside was a lovely card, heart shaped chocolates, rose scented soap petals, an organiser and Clare's chosen friendship chart came from Blue Ribbon Designs 'A Friend Indeed' and  it included the thread colours to stitch it. 

Thank you Clare, a lovely parcel you put together x


February 13th my brother and his wife celebrated their Silver Wedding.  I chose this beautiful simple chart from  Nia Cross Stitch and framed it with a silver mount and plain white frame. 

 
A friend celebrated her 70th Birthday this week too.  My handmade card found it's way to her.
 

I'm looking forward to seeing what your GG post for February includes.

Love and blessings

Julie x
 
   

20 comments:

  1. Mary must have been over the moon with excitement when she received that bunny and the accompanying gifts. The bunny is a real heart-stealer.

    And you received a lovely package to enjoy yourself!

    Beautiful cards. Do you have a die cutting machine to make that lace circle? Or was it purchased like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely things Julie, I'm sure the recipients appreciated them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely exchange parcel you sent to Mary, I'm glad you liked yours. The silver anniversary gift is certainly a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

  4. What a sweet post Julie , Love the purple theme gift your bunny looks beautiful.
    Lovely gift from Clare too.
    Love the silver wedding gift and the 70th card I think I know who is the Birthday girl.
    Enjoy your week hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous swap parcels, Mary must be thrilled to bits with her bunny and I like those rose scented rose petals, I've never come across those before. Such a super gift for your brother and his wife, I think something hand made is wonderful on such occasions, so much more personal that buying something mass produced, I'm sure they'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great gifts sent and received!I love purple so the purple bunny is fantastic!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Mary's post. Your gifts to her are wonderful!! I love what Clare gifted you. What a lovely Silver gift. That is a special card you made Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun exchange. Both what you sent and received is fantastic indeed. Love the gifts you gave to your brother and your friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely exchange gifts and your stitching is too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The purple themed exchange is great, especially the bunny!
    Love the gifts Clare sent you too.
    A Silver Wedding is a great reason to stitch a gift as is the special Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful selection of gifts, Julie. I love Miss Violet and the purple theme is ideal for me as it is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course a bunny is a must! I like the coordinating silks too. I don't think I've heard of soap petals before; what a lovely idea.

    Lovely stitched gifts too. A silver anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bunny and the exchange goodies sent and received. I wish I lived in a place where post wasn't such a disaster, I love exchnages.
    The silver anniversary stitch is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful exchange gifts and a gorgeous silver anniversary gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two wonderful exchange gifts and the Silver Wedding sampler is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great exchange Julie, I'm sure Mary was thrilled with her bunny and I can see you love your gifts from Clare. The silver wedding sampler turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, your knitted bunny is too precious!! Mary must have been thrilled to receive it. Lovely package from Clare and your Wedding Sampler is gorgeous. Just became a new follower and will add you to our blog roll. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julie I'm the other half of stitching friends forever blog and Mary just told me about your blog. I've signed up and so excited to see all of your beautiful stitching. Your gift to Mary was wonderful as was your gift from
    Clare. I'm sure everyone was thrilled when they opened their packages. Love your wedding sampler and what a lovely gift it makes. I just signed up to follow and I look forward to seeing your name pop up on our blog roll. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very gorgeous gifts this month, Julie - I especially love the Silver design you made for your brother and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great exchange, Julie, with so many wonderful goodies.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.