All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 25 February 2018

Feb challenge reveal day

February, the month of love and this months challenge design chosen by Christine was just that.  Last month was Christmas so this month was something different.  We'll be back to Christmas again for March.

A lovely little design each month that we stitch and finish using whatever fabric and threads we choose ourselves and try out new skills when finishing.  A good way to practice something you might want to try on another project.

The Primitive Hare was Christine's choice for February and I saw it stitched by quite a few people over the month.

This was my version ......
 

I photographed it on the chart so you could see how the designer charted it in her finish.  I didn't add the date, instead I chose to add a little heart button.  I don't often do a heart shape as I seem to get it all wonky, but this little felted stuffed heart turned out quite well.

I've been knitting this past week and my summer cardigan is finished -


DH's new rib pattern socks are finished too -


A new stitching start was the Blue Ribbon Designs 'A Friend Indeed' that Clare gifted me in the friendship exchange this month - thank you Clare.  It was too nice to put away in the box and get forgotten about so onto the frame it went and stitch, stitch stitch....

The border met up nicely first time - relief!  I chose to stitch it smaller than charted, over 1 on 27 antique white Linda.   I think the stitching mojo has returned and I really enjoyed these tiny stitches.

 
I've been reading that quite a few of you are battling the germs that are about.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and there are some ladies who are experiencing sadness and tough times so i'm sending a friendship {hug} your way.
 
I hope you all have a lovely week. I've got an appointment with my RP consultant this week, fingers crossed she's got some more positive news for me this time round.
 
Love and blessings
 

Julie

 

21 comments:

  1. Love the heart Julie , so beautiful.
    You have been so busy with your stitching and knitting , everything looks just wonderful.
    Hoping everything will be good news tomorrow , hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely finishes, you're so prolific with your crafting. Hope everything goes well when you see the consultant, I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart is beautiful and the socks look so cosy - useful this week!
    Wishing you well for your appointment. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crafting is always lovely Julie, your hands must never be still. I hope you're going to have some good news this week, I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish on your Challenge piece. Great knitting too, your socks are certainly appreciated here. I'm so glad you liked the chart, good progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie I pray you received good news.
    Your heart is wonderful. What a great cardigan. The socks are super too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you’re feeling your sewing mojo is back, the heart is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge finish Julie, and lovely knitting too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you chose to finish the Challenge design. Your knitting as always is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching heart, great way to finish it. Never enough hearts ornaments in the house. Your cardigan will be nice to wear in summer. As today was a frosty (icy) day, I can't look at it too long brrr ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heart is perfect, I love the added ribbon rose and red button. Hope all goes well with the doc´s visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty your completed heart is,Julie and as always I love your knitting finishes.
    I hope your appointment with your consultant is positive.Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Julie, your little heart is just so sweet. What a great way to finish this lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like the way you changed this one, great heart finish.
    Hope the trip to the consultant went well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your heart finish, so pretty and those socks look lovely and cosy. I'm hoping that your finish of the summer cardi means that summer is on its way. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I DO love that heart, Julie! What a great idea--and a perfect finish! I have never tried a heart shaped finish--I need to get my courage up and just do it :)

    Lovely sweater and socks and it is so nice to read that your stitching mojo is reappearing. I certainly hope and pray that you receive good news from the doctor this week. Sending hugs your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a lovely heart design! I like the little rose tucked up at the top. Your socks and cardigan are great knits and oh, it's always such a relief when the border lines up the first go around hah.

    G'luck on the consultation! She will have good news for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Julie that heart is precious! It is so pretty and perfectly stitched. I love your knitted items too. Your border looks great. And best wishes for your appointment. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've already drooled over all these pretties at Needlecraft Haven but couldn't leave without commenting again just how much I love that red heart! I'm totally going to steal that finishing idea!
    Hoping for good news health wise soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love your beautiful heart finish. Perfect. Beautiful knitting. Great new project and progress. I love the look of over one stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, I love your version of Love Never Fails - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.