Knitting included an exchange for Mary with the bunny, socks for DH and my summer cardigan.
Stitching was quite productive too. Silver Wedding gift for a family member (that was started in January too), 70th Birthday card for a friend, the monthly challenge valentine heart and the seasons SAL.
A little embroidery that I haven't done for a long time with a completed country landscape scene was very enjoyable.
Quiet moments of reading time included 6 books.....
The book choice of a children's book that was re-visited during February at Needlecraft Haven was chosen by Mary. It was The Weirdstone of Brisingamen written by Alan Garner and first published in 1960. I read this one for the first time a couple of years ago as our local city councillor was a guest at the Book Borrowers group I run and this is her most favourite book of all time. We read it then so I didn't read it again in February. Are you familiar with it?
I've got threee WIP's to take forward this month - the bookmark (I have finished the border on this yesterday in the virtual parlour with Miss Barb since this picture)
and the Blue Ribbons Designs - A Friend Indeed
There's also a new knitting project started on the needles but I've forgotten to take a pic of that :-)
I've had a new toy to play with delivered as well to tidy up this woolly mess of some of my leftover sock wool
A wool winder (first seen on Christine's sock knitting blog Winwick Mum) turns the ravelled up yarn.....
into nice lovely wool cakes. DH has enjoyed playing with this toy as has my granddaughter. There's still more for them to help me out with and get organised and tidy.
Plans for March will see an exchange for Easter being made, maybe a RAK sent out and of course there is also the monthly challenge to stitch and finish.
A warm welcome to new readers I see there have been a few of you calling in during February. I hope you enjoyed your visit here.
At the moment, we in the UK are experiencing some really wintry weather, lots of snow and its very cold. Weather warnings are out for people to be very careful. I'll be staying indoors keeping warm and safe and I hope it isn't causing you too many problems in your daily life.
Happy crafting, take care all
Love and blessings
Julie x



Oh Julie you have been busy other the month of February .
ReplyDeleteLove all the lovely projects you have worked on.
I was happy you had some good news you are always in my prayers .
Take care and keep warm, we are snowed in ! HUGS
I'm really pleased that the chemo is now starting to help your condition but sorry to learn of another diagnosis and more complications. As I've said before, it will take time to iron everything out and find a treatment which is suited to you, it's all very individual, especially with something which is so rare. I hope that the support you found with the group you joined is still helping. You've done so well with all your makes in February and you've still managed a good number of books too. I've never heard of The Weirdstone of Brisingamen but I shall be looking that one up now. Mick bought me a wool winder and swift for my birthday last year, they're so useful, aren't they, and the little cakes they wind the wool into are much more pleasing on the eye than tatty scraps. We've had quite a bit of snow here, I was glad that Mick was able to work from home for the past two days, but I think we've seen the worst of it now. The wind's really strong though. Hope you're keeping warm.
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely stitching and knitting Julie, and it definitely counts as a February finish no matter when you started it.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by the wool winder, do you make up your own cake yarns then? If so, when do we see the cake socks?
I read Weirdstone as a child and loved it, but it was another of his books "Red Shift" that really grabbed me
So glad to hear that the chemo is taking effect, and I hope they can balance out the kidney effects quickly
Oh Julie, you are in my prayers dear friend. I am so sorry to read about sjogens syndrome and know this is what you have now.
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle that your husband and granddaughter like winding the wool for you. tee hee! That works out well. ;)
You are a very busy bee!! Such sweet,wonderful work my friend.
I love Miss Violet, Julie. You've been busy in February with your crafting and reading. The wool winder is a useful tool. Those wool cakes say 'knit me' more than the leftover wool did.
ReplyDeleteYou were very productive in February!! Love the knitting and the landscape embroidery is beautiful. I'm glad you had some good news and hope your meds get worked out. You will be in my thoughts and prayers,Mary
ReplyDeleteJulie that is good news that the meds are finally starting to work. You continue to be in my prayers for only the best. Your stitching and knitting are wonderful. You have accomplished so much. Take care. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteLots of activity in February including some restful activites, a good selection of books too. Its so good to read the meds are starting to work (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteYou've had a nice month of crafty goodnness; the snow always helps that! Your new toy looks GREAT! And so do the little cakes, especially that lovely blue one. I sometimes pretend my yarn mess doesn't exist haha.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the chemo meds are working out for you! If your kidneys are unhappy does that mean you really have to up your water intake?
You have done a lot in February Julie and it has been lovely to read all about it.I have not heard og Alan Garners book,the title is most intriguing.I will check it out.
ReplyDeleteA close friend has Sjogrens Syndrome along with RA so I am familiar with it.Not great for you but I am glad you got diagnosed.
I hope the chemo keeps doing good work and an answer is found so your kidneys protest less.
It's such good news that the chemo meds are starting to work. But of course not so good that your kidneys are affected and that you need more hospital visits in the future. I'm sure that the doctors will find something to help the kidneys and to make you feel better. I just hope the very best for you, Julie, and will keep my fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteFebruary was a very productive crafting month for you - and not only crafting but also reading. Good to know that you could spend so many hours with your favorite pastime.
You have been busy :-)
ReplyDeleteI have one of those yarn winders, it's very satisfying winding yarn and making lovely yarn cakes :-)
Glad some of the meds have started to work x
It was good to read that the chemo medicines are starting to work, but of course, not so happy news about your kidneys and now an additional health issue. I am so sorry but hopeful that something can be done to help. For all you have been through it hasn't stopped you from making some lovely things and being very productive in your reading. I have really struggled with my reading lately. And I got a little laugh about the wool winder -- that is one of my favorite things about beginning a new project involving yarn. : )
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers and lots of good thoughts being sent your way.
A productive month Julie and lovely projects to carry into March.
ReplyDeleteYou're always in my prayers, I hope the doctors can find the right balance of treatment for you.
Wow beautiful work being done by you in Feb. Congrats on your beautiful finishes and WIPs. I hope you have a successful March too!
ReplyDeleteLove your wool cakes and you have got so much stitching done - wonderful! I hope that the powers that be get the meds entirely right for you soon. Stay well, hugs, Kaye
ReplyDeleteI'd say you've had a wonderfully productive month, Julie! I'm truly amazed at all you've created and managed to read.
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to hear about the chemo working, but sad to read about the sjogens syndrome diagnosis along with your kidney issues. Sure am thinking about you, Julie, and hoping for the best...
Hope things warm up there soon! The eastern US is getting another bad storm this weekend. Some of those poor people have been without power for four days now!
Lovely stitching this month.
ReplyDeleteI did Weirdstone in Middle School in a mixed ability class and consequently was bored stiff by it! My Express English group did Chaucer, Macbeth and Cider with Rosie at the same time, all of which I loved.
However, I recently read Eleanor Oliphant and loved it! It's my book of the year in our shop and it's been really selling well for us. The characters are so well drawn and the twist is brilliant. I did not see it coming. I used to work in an office and recognised so many of the characters right away.
Gosh, you were busy! I adore the purple bunny!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie,
ReplyDeleteHope your health continues to improve as they work out your meds.
You were very busy and got a lot done in Feb. Congrats on your finishes. The yarn winder is a treat.