All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 5 November 2017

Autumn 'hug'

Exchanges are always a fun thing to take part in and as stitching has been difficult for a few members of Needlecraft Haven in the last few months, Clare (she runs the forum) asked if we would like to have an "Autumn hug"exchange.


I read the rules carefully to make sure I could do everything asked, and opening day was to be 31st October - great for those that don't celebrate Halloween.

The parcel needed to include :-

A card on the theme for friendship, love, hug etc - it could be stitched, bought or handmade - to be signed anonymous 'From all your friends at Needlecraft Haven'
3 skeins of thread
Pamper treat
Munchie treat

An email popped into my box with my partners details - someone I know well and a lightbulb popped on in my head.   This lady is so talented with her craftwork and I could make something for her parcel that I was sure she hadn't made for herself.

Here's the parcel I sent off to Christine (I'm sure most of you know of her talents and the stunning things she creates).  I had everything together for the package, and I was looking for something in the fabric drawer and came across a fat quarter of this perfect autumnal apple fabric so decided to wrap the goodies in it.  Christine would find something nice to make with it and the autumn themed ribbon I tied it with would be useful too.

 
Inside fulfilling the items asked for was :-
 
Card - shop bought friendship theme
Threads - Ozark sampler, each with a name that made me think of Christine
Pamper treat - A lovely smelling rose bath bomb and handknitted socks in a teal blue variation - one of her favourite colours, to pamper her feet during the cold weather months (these were the item I didn't think Christine had ever made for herself before)
Munchie treat - bag of Cadbury's roses chocolates
 
 
The parcel delivered to me arrived in plenty of time for opening day.  It sat on the table watching me saying 'open me' but I was good and held off till October 31st.
 
Inside were these wonderful goodies - a Caron cake of wool complete with scarf pattern on the ball band, 2 delightful smelling bath bombs and chocolate covered nougat. 
 
 
The card itself was beautiful, the words were so special.    I didn't know who had sent to me, some ladies I recognise their writing on parcels but they could have easily disguised it or got someone else to write it?   I had to wait until the reveal to know that Rachael was my sender.  
 
 
Many thanks Rachael for a beautifully perfect parcel for me, I loved it. xx
 
In the rollercoaster of life, there's always something to smile about.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie 
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Such wonderful goodies, both sent and received. Swaps are so much fun to take part in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful gifts given and received - a wonderful Autumn hug. I love the verse very much and just what we need to hear from time to time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for an exchange, so thoughtful for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so nice to see, a swap that is very thoughtful AND successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very thoughtful verse Julie, hope your weekend has been a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to show your friendship in this way and what a delightful box of goodies you both sent and received. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blushing now!
    I thought it was you when I saw the wonderful knitted socks. I absolutely love my "hug"
    Great parcel from Rachael too, I'll be interested to see how the "cake" knits up, I've had my eye on those for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great exchange parcels :-)
    Good idea for a exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great exchange! You both ended up with fantastic goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sent lovely gifts to Christine and received equally lovely gifts from Rachael...a really great idea for an exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful hugs to cheer up all you lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful exchange .
    I love to see the hug gifts put together and you both done a wonderful job .
    What fun loving gifts .
    Have a happy week hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great exchange Julie, you are so thoughful and I think Rachel sums up perfectly how much you are thought of..A rally lovely verse in the card and so apt.
    Hmm have to look at the cake as I have itchy fingers to knit ,however I do have one sock ,perhaps I will find a Dobby the elf to give it to lol.Hugs from me to you.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a kind idea! You put together a lovely parcel for Christine - I think my favorite part would have been the handknit socks - such pretty colors. And I'm sure you will knit something beautiful with the cake of wool you received. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this exchange and I'm so pleased that Rachael's gifts brought you a smile, Julie! You so deserve that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely exchanges both received and sent xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a neat idea for an exchange. And both exchange packages - the one you sent and the one you received were full of thoughtfully chosen treats. Heartwarming for both sides, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great exchange, lovely gifts. Now I have the taste of apple pie (the nice fabric) in the mouth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely exchange! Sadly i am unable to log into NH for some reason so I still dont know who my swap partner was!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a lovely exchange, I do like the colours of the cake of wool, the gorgeous socks you made and the pretty fabric with apples.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know I didn't follow the instructions exactly, but I did ask if it was ok to send wool. I had noticed you were knitting more than stitching.xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.