All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 31 August 2017

Better make this Augusts GG post ....

.......... before the stroke of midnight and we head into next month!

Oh dear, has it really been a month since I posted here?

Charged up the camera and upload pics to see what I had to share with you since last time.

A late birthday gift from a dear friend - afternoon tea at the garden centre, her treat.

 
The July challenge at NH, quickly stuck into a little frame and given to a cat loving volunteer at the community garden with DH for her birthday.

 
Two very tiny prem baby cardigans for one of the knitting group ladies to give to a charity she volunteers with.

 
Ssshhh ..... don't tell DH these are his Christmas pressie socks, now safely put away out of sight ready to be wrapped up and sent to Santa.  These have been on the knitting pins for a while and secretly knitting when DH has not been at home.

 
A lovely gift arrived in the post from our dear June, beautiful threads and holder and some Christmas buttons.  Many thanks June for your kindness.

 
A vintage knitting gauge/counter - gifted to me from one of my knitting group ladies, she works in a charity shop and when it was donated she purchased it as she thought I would like it.  She knows I love old items and do use them not just put them in a box for looking at.
 
 
My granddaughters school cardigan now being worn for the new school term.
 
 
A challenge at the craft group - decorate a small hat - mines the one with the red ribbon and the heart shaped buttons on the right hand side.
 
 
and my granddaughters doll looks very pretty wearing it.
 

My birthday gift from DS (shown in the last post) - I've made a start knitting the lovely scarf he bought me and the wool is sitting in the yarn bowl gifted for my birthday last year from Barb.

 
and finally DH came home from the community allotment with some goodies they harvested to be given out at the community centre, some of the seniors benefited from these fresh veggies and all for free.
 
 
A month of gifts, gifted and received during August.  
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
Julie x
 
 

20 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely post Julie, lots of good things happening. I've been thinking of you and hoping that things are okay with you at the moment.

Daffycat said...

You've had a lot going on! I really, really love the vintage counter and I don't even knit! It's really cool!

Thanks for sharing your tea. I'm living vicariously through you today!

Linda Harris said...

A wonderful month of gifts both received and given. Hope you have a good month in September in all manners of life x

Maggie said...

I was thinking of you this week and hoping you were ok because you hadn't posted for a while. Lots of lovely things made, the schools must start back earlier in your part of the UK, around these parts they go back next week. Oliver starts reception on September 14th, where have those years gone!
Hope you have a good weekend x

rosey175 said...

Isn't it nice to use the fancy vintage things instead of hiding them away? Your gauge looks like it's been well-loved and probably helped someone make lovely gifts too!

Your Secret Socks are amazing, love the yarn colors. :D

Lesley said...

Love your knitting gauge and your DH's Christmas socks.Your scarf is going to be gorgeous too.
Afternoon tea looks absolutely delicious :)

butterfly said...

Another lovely post Julie, you always seem so busy.
Lots of lovely knitting and goodies .
Love the little dolls hat how sweet .
Wishing you another wonderful creative month hugs .

Brigitte said...

Truly a month of gifts, Julie. So many handmade gifts, given and received. And they are all so lovely. An invitation to have afternoon tea together with a friend is a wonderful gift. How thoughtful. And all the sandwiches and other things look so delicious. It certainly was a special treat.

Marlene jones said...

Love the stitch counter, the wear is there for all to see, someone knitting for loved ones, you can imagine the history. You have had a busy month.

Jo said...

Lots of lovely things. That knitting gauge looks rather complicated, I haven't seen anything like that before.

Christine said...

Just sneaked in there Julie!
Some beautiful things in your GG post this month, I absolutely love that knitting gauge!

KC'sCourt! said...

The tea you had looks absolutely yummy. Love the socks

Julie xxxxxx

Vickie said...

The afternoon tea looks wonderful. Those tiny sweaters are precious. Fabulous socks! What a great scarf you have going. You are in my prayers.♥

Carol said...

Oh, those wee sweaters are just precious, Julie--what a fine gift that will be for those tiny babies. And I'm sure your granddaughter is just thrilled with her bright red cardigan--she is one lucky little girl :)

Have been thinking of you and hoping you are doing okay--sending a hug your way!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. There seems to be a race to be last this time!
Isabelle's red cardigan looks so large compared to the premmie baby ones!
Love the doll's hat and the latest NH ornie. Another good choice from Christine.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great selection of gifts, both made and received. I can see that knitting is your focus craft right now. :)

Chris said...

Wonderful work through August Julie. I loved your GD cardi a really nice pattern. And the prem cardis I haven't done hardy any craft of any sort, not even crochet, it all causes my arm to ache, altho I am pleased to say it is a lot less painful. I have a post op. appointment at the London Orthopaedic Hospital tomorrow so I am hoping the x-rays will show everything is AOK!
Hope you are good, you are always in my prayers
Blessings

stitchersanon said...

Hi, I don't want to intrude but have popped on to see how you are. I love all the pretty little cardies. You know where I am xxxx

Astrids dragon said...

Afternoon tea with a friend, how wonderful!
Cute cats and I love all the cardigans, so precious.
The socks are great, those colours!
What a nice treat from June and the counter too, isn't it nice to be thought of?

Justine said...

What a fabulous gifting month you had Julie! I am far behind with blog reading but wanted to comment just to say how beautiful your cardigans are - for your granddaughter as well as those teeny babies!
The vintage knitting device looks really useful as well as beautiful. How nice that your friend thought of you and bought it!

Hope you are well xx