All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 15 May 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

15th Day

Just in case you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is all about -

It is a chance for us bloggers to show off gifts we have received.  It could be yarn, a thread, a piece of fabric or something that's not for crafting but was sent/given to brighten your day.  Have you made or given a gift, that counts too as does a free chart you have found and have used, given by the designer.  Did you previously receive stash that you have finally got round to using? 

You can read more about 'GG'
here.  It's the brainchild of Jo at Serendipitous Stitching


Gifts come along in lots of different shapes and forms. Not always in an envelope that drops through the letterbox or wrapped up in nice paper and hand given for you to open.  

Since my last GG post, I've had a lovely gift.  The chance to use a friend of DH's holiday bungalow at the coast for a few days rest, relaxation and convalescence after a prolonged time of being under the weather (as the old saying goes).  I'm just not firing on all cylinders and still undergoing further and ongoing hospital stuff - the joys of the NHS.

Nestled in fields as far as the eye can see from the kitchen window and a five minute walk away out of the back garden gate, a deserted out of season beach.

 
Peace, tranquillity and quiet contemplation... perfect!
 
Time spent in the garden listening to the waves, a little stitching on this month challenge.  A gifted free online chart chosen by Christine.  Here's a quick teaser of the design I finished stitching.  Reveal of the finish as usual will be the last Sunday of the month. 
 
 
 
A little knitting - another school cardigan gift for my granddaughter.  She's growing like a weed and will celebrate her 6th birthday later this month.
 
 
Who gives germs as a gift?  I awoke mid week to a cold, not a gift I really wanted!  Quietly sitting in the sun room reading passed the time with tissue box on hand.   A couple of nice books.  Daughters of Castle Deverill is very good, the second part of a trilogy, the first being Songs of Love and War which I read last month.  The third and final part is due out later this summer.   Black Rabbit Hall, nice story with a few twists and turns that were unexpected - I'd been recommended this one last year.
 
 
 
The gift of laughter - we did giggle at these goats munching away up the cliff with the sea in the background.  You don't expect a sight like that at the seaside!
 
 
I gave the gift of some of my lunch to this chap!
 
 
And just so I don't get the wagging finger and a telling off from Jo that this post is not quite shoehorned into GG here's the sock wool - that was a proper gift at Christmas from DH and before I went away the second sock was completed to make my pair in the hollyberry colourway from West Yorkshire Spinners.
 
 
and an update on the winter block of My Four Seasons, the chart being a gift quite some time ago.
 
 
 
With being away I'm behind on blog reading so will be stopping by your blog to see your GG post as I catch up on what else you have been doing.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 

 

25 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching ...so awesome
I love all your pictures so much..
Big hugs x

Kerryp77 said...

Sounds like the break was just what you needed. Gorgeous socks!

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress!
Looks like you had a lovely time away.

Jo said...

I do love those socks, that yarn knits up in to a wonderful design. How lovely getting away from it all for a while, you don't mention where it is you went but it looks like you had the weather for it whilst you were there.

Clare - Aimetu said...

It looks a perfect get away Julie, loved the goat. Your socks are great, lovely colours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. First off the block too!
Christine has found a snowman with a wooden leg?
The sea views look wonderful, very relaxing, nice to take some time for yourself too.
The socks are lovely as is the Christmas block.

Vickie said...

Yes, I too thought it looks like a snowman with a peg leg! ;)
What a goat! I hope you are well rested my friend.♥

jocondine said...

Great post, thanks to share all those gifts with us! xxx

Lesley said...

A tranquil place for some rest and relaxation.Your socks are lovely.I have the Holly Berry yarn in my knitting stash.I am enjoying knitting with WYS yarn :) I love your four seasons stitching and am intrigued by your snippet of stitching.
I hope you start feeling better soon

Kaisievic said...

Oh dear Julie, so sorry to hear that you have been unwell - I hope that your few days of R&R recharged your batteries somewhat. Lovely stitching and knitting and I think that to have free run of a deserted beach would be lovely. Look after yourself, my dear.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. I have Black Rabbit Hall in my To Read pile - I must move it to the top now.

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely gifts....except for the cold!!! The relaxing holiday sounds a like a wonderful gift to receive :o)
Hugs x

Christine said...

Looks like you had a lovely break Julie, the goat is just too cute for words.
Great stitching and knitting, and I did enjoy my sneak preview of the challenge :)

Cheryl mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a beautiful view of the sea, sounds like a lovely break away. So many beautiful things, lovely stitching and knitting xx

Elfie said...

I so enjoyed my visit today. Your pictures are lovely.

Beth in IL said...

Nice stitching.

Brigitte said...

Such a wonderful week at the seaside must have been great for your health. I'm sure that it boosted your energy somewhat.
Nice gifts or gifted things you were working on. And you made some nice progress on them.

Carol said...

Your days by the sea sound like the perfect gift to me, Julie--what a blessing. I'm so sorry your health has been suffering this year. Good health is something I take for granted, I'm afraid. I should be more appreciative...

Love your newest socks--so great for a Christmas gift and your four seasons block is growing nicely. Love the little kitty in the window :)

Hope May brings better weather and better health/more energy for you, Julie. Take care now!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, it's always nice to get away.
The socks look great!

Maggie said...

I hope you are feeling better Julie, a change of scene can do us the world of good.
Lovely stitching and knitting, Isabelle keeps your needles busy, lol.
I can't believe she is almost 6!! They grow up too quickly don't they.

have a good weekend x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Really enjoyed this post, Julie and your 'gift of'. It made me realise just how much I have to thankful for.

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a lovely break Julie. Sometimes a little r&r is just what is needed. It looks so lovely and peaceful.

I hope you will soon be feeling much better.

Lovely stitching and knitting.

FlashinScissors said...

Sounds like a well needed break.
Lovely post, I feel relaxed after reading about your break!
Love the socks and the stitching, but I didn't see the wooden leg!
I hope you are feeling better!
Barbara x

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi, I've just hopped across from Jo, Through The Keyhole Blog.
I do like your seaside photographs and your knitting looks good.

I know what you mean when you say 'my grand-daughter is growing like a weed' ... they do don't they!
I love spending time with the grand-children.

Good wishes for the new month of June

All the best Jan

phann son said...

It looks a perfect get away Julie, loved the goat. Your socks are great, lovely colours.


ตารางบอล