Being the last weekend of the month means its reveal time for the monthly challenge over at Needlecraft Haven chosen by Christine.
I used the lovely silken threads I showed you in my Gifted Gorgeousness post. They stitched up really nicely using 2 strands on 22ct golden aida. I went for a traditional red/green combination.
I have a person in mind for this as a Christmas gift so decided to put it into a little frame and add the wording ribbon along the bottom. The frame only cost £1 from a well known supermarket so a bargain gift.
Sunday, April 30th is also the birthday of a family member. When sorting out I came across Royal Blossoms 2007 by Just Nan. The charm was stapled to the chart - when did I do that? I decided that would make the perfect small gift and use up more of my forgotten about stash.
Stitched on a piece of 28ct jobelan from a Polstitches grab bag using the asked for threads it turned out well and fitted into a 4" x 4" frame perfectly. This frame has a double mount so the depth of the bee doesn't matter.
Such a detailed Queen Bee charm?
1st May is May day so we have an extra days holiday, time for plenty of stitching, reading, gardening or are you out and about having fun doing other things.
Thanks for taking time to visit
Love and blessings to you all
Julie
Too dull for outside in garden, so reading today.
ReplyDeleteOh you have made lovely gifts Julie!
ReplyDeleteThey're both lovely and those silken threads have stitched up beautifully. I do like that bee charm, the perfect addition.
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes on both and good idea to staple the charm so you don't lose it. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching x hope this month has less stressful moments for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful gifts! You've done such a good job with these. Here's hoping for a more peaceful May.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching Julie, two lovely gifts
ReplyDeleteThey're both lovely Julie. I like the use of two colours for the ornament
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely gift finishes, Julie. I have the Royal Blossoms chart and charm but I think this is the first time I've seen it finished.
ReplyDeleteRoyal Blossoms is beautiful! What a pretty design :)
ReplyDeleteTwo pretty gifts, the white frame is perfect and I like the charm in the centre of Royal Blossoms.
ReplyDeleteThat's interesting, I have the 1995 freebie version of Royal Blossoms and there is no charm listed, instead there is a flower of beads charted in the centre!
ReplyDeleteShe recycled her chart to feature the bee charm!
I love this month's challenge piece and the frame is perfect as well as being a bargain too.
Beautiful little Queen Bee, she looks just right in your design. Can I ask which supermarket you found the frame in, I would love some of them xx
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching Julie love the J/Nan design.
ReplyDeleteLove the Christmas one too and the beautiful frame .
Two lovely finishes , the frame and the charm are perfect.
ReplyDeleteThey are both great finishes. I really love the colours in Royal Blossoms and the bee and framing is perfect!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching my dear..the frame and charms are so pretty
ReplyDeleteSending you love and smiles x
Love both of the finishes Julie and the frames are just right for the stitching x
ReplyDeleteTwo very pretty finishes.The silken threads are lovely colours,a beautiful Christmas gift.
ReplyDeleteBoth finishes are just lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe months do seem to be flying by again this year, April went by so fast!
The Christmas ornie is lovely Julie and the Just Nan is stunning!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching. Love the little bee.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous Just Nan finish, Julie. I always enjoy seeing other stitchers' photos of them so I'm not sure why I don't stitch more of them. I do have quite a few of the older charts...
ReplyDeleteI like the way you've stitched and finished the challenge piece, too. How nice to have a gift crossed off your Christmas list already :)
Enjoy your weekend--sure hope you are having more spring-like weather than we are!