All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 23 April 2017

Fun with friends


 Yesterday I took a little drive to meet up with a few friends from Needlecraft Haven. 

Clare organises our meet ups but due to her recent accident we met at her home.

I took a small spring planter arrangement with me as a get well gift.

 
We each brought our needlecases we had made in the meet-up exchange after the autumn meet up.  A great collection and all so different. 
 
The fronts -
 
 
and the backs -
 
 
There was a book exchange....
 
 
I received from Angi - not an author I have read before

 
Gill went home with my book
 
Last Dance in Havana (Paperback)
 
The theme for the goody bag this time was 'My Favourite Place'  -
 
I came home with Angi's and what a 'beach bag' filled with delights it was.  Thank you Angi
 
 
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the bag I made up.  It went to Clare's mum.   I didn't choose an actual place, thinking outside the box this time, I decided my favourite place was 'Anywhere I can have a little hygge time i enjoy' and put into my parcel a book about hygge, a large candle, fabric and threads, a sponge for a nice bubble bath, a mug with hot chocolate sachet and a well known chocolate cake mix (I decided not to add a cake itself as some ladies venture to us on the train and I thought it might not survive their journey home).
 
I gave a little RAK gift to Justine.  She's named her Hyacinth as there was a lovely bunch in a vase and Justine has been smelling them all day and the pink and blue colourway reminded her of the flowers. 
 
 
There was the usual show and tell.  I had a little Prairie Schooler spring finish from the Gift of Stitching magazine (Brigitte, this was one of the charts I had printed out and found in the sort out!)  

 
I'm going to do the others in the Seasons SAL this year.  Summer next then. 
 
One sock completed.  Gill had a read through Christine's lovely sock book, so maybe we might have another sock knitter in future.
 
 
We had a lovely day and it was good to see Clare in person and how she was in herself.  She took a pic of us in her garden bedroom (that's a double bed in the conservatory to you and me lol) and you can see us on her blog post together with the other gifts the ladies brought and her more detailed write up of the day and the exchanges and swaps.
 
I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely weekend
 
Love and Blessings
 
Julie 
 
 

19 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I like Angi's gift to you! Your gift to Clare's mum sounds very nice indeed. Hyacinth is just so sweet.♥ Your PS Spring finish is so adorable Julie!

Maggie said...

Lovely lot of things in your goody bag exchange, and it sounds like you all had a great day at Clare's house.
Lovely collection of needle books too :-)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A lovely post as always Julie. The needle books all look great - a very nice mix of designs. Sounds like a great catch up, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Mini said...

What fun to meet stitchy friends in person. The needle books are lovely as are the gifts you got from Angi. Enjoy your goodies.

Clare - Aimetu said...

It was a lovely day Julie (the Meet Up days always are) thank you for my lovely planter and for your help. The day certainly gave me a boost if leaving me tired.

KC'sCourt! said...

What lovely things

Julie xxxxxx

butterfly said...


Another lovely post , it's always lovely for stitching friends to get together.
Looks like you all had a wonderful day .
Love the socks , hugs.

Justine said...

It was love to see you and the Haveners again Julie though we were a smaller select group this time! You were all so clever with those goody bags. I think Angi's was meant for you.
Thank you again for Hyacinth, she's absolutely beautiful.

Jo said...

These meet ups sound such amazing affairs, fabulous gift exchanges, stitchy goodness but most of all wonderful friendships. I love the idea of the goody bags and the needlecases are all so pretty.

Sue said...

Looks like you all had a really good time at the get together. Love Hyacynth and I'm enjoying knitting socks from Christines book too x

Barb said...

What a lovely write up pics too of the meet up. I love Hyacinth she will be much loved I am sure.
I have some very sad news I am afraid , Seymore has gone to knitted bunny heaven and Miss Rose and the girls are grieving , he had a moth attack over the winter and unfortunately did not survive.
Love to both

Cheryl mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a lovely time you all must have had, such lovely exchanges and what a cute little bunny xx

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you all had a great time.
Fantastic goodies sent & received :)

cucki said...

Wow looks like you all had so much fun..
Beautiful gifts.
Love and smiles x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've already admired those needlebooks on Clare's blog, they are all lovely.
There are always so many gorgeous gifts at these meet-ups, everyone is so thoughtful.
Every time I read about them I look up trains to Nuneaton but unfortunately it never gets any closer to me LOL

Christine said...

Just been reading about the meet up on Clare's blog. It sounds like a lot of fun.
All of the stitching and knitting is so lovely

Carol said...

That sounds like such a lovely get-together, Julie :) Really enjoyed seeing everyone's pretty needlebooks and hearing about the book exchange. I think your hygge idea is just perfect--I'm all relaxed just simply reading about the contents of the box :)

And another RAK bunny--she is so sweet and Hyacinth is a perfect name for a bunny born in spring. I'm sure you are thrilled knowing you have to many sweet bunnies all round the world!

And another PS finish--YAY! You are becoming an addict like me :) It is adorable--love the sheep. Enjoy your day!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Sounds as if it was a good meet-up at Clare's. It was nice to see a photo of all the needlebooks together. I think you will enjoy Nora Roberts. I've read a few of her books and liked them.

Astrids dragon said...

Lucky you to be able to get together! I love all the needle cases, perfect for spring. Hyacinth is adorable!