A break in the recent rain, the sun came out on Saturday. DH suggested we go for a drive and take a snowdrop walk and enjoy some sunshine. He felt we both needed to breathe some fresh air, enjoy some exercise and take in the peace of the countryside.
A field of sheep and my first sight of spring lambs this year
One particular ewe was shouting to us and came running across the field
She came right up close to the hedge to show us her new baby, I was delighted by this small gesture.
A little further on you can cross the bridge and enter the gates to the churchyard although there are only services there in the summer months so it is locked at all other times.
The water was gushing over the lintel under the bridge, a lovely splashing sound
The ducks were enjoying a swim.
There was such a commotion when Mr Drake decided to mate with her and almost drowned her. I didn't take a pic of that moment!
Masses of snowdrops along the waters edge
Just had to get a close up of these beauties
Further along a big house sits in the woodlands with a lake in the garden
The afternoon sunshine on the lake was lovely and more ducks were swimming
This one seemed to be needing a snooze. He was sitting right on the pathway and we had to step around him, he didn't mind.
The woodland was amass of snowdrops as far as the eye could see.
Seeing all that springyness spurred me to add the final stitches to my Spring project. I have to say stitching mojo has been a bit hit and miss this year, but maybe it's springing back now....
I've had this in my stash for a long time. It's My Four Seasons Sampler from Giulia Punti Antichi and has all four seasons on it. The other three seasons are equally as lovely.
We have the sun out again today, so fingers crossed there is more to follow this week and we have a rest from the recent wet stuff. The blackbirds nesting in our tree seem to think so.
Love and blessings
Julie
What lovely photos Julie .
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful place to walk.
What a beautiful design , I have never see this one before it is so pretty .
Enjoy your week , it's cold and raining again here.
I hope your stitching bug return soon.
ReplyDeleteThe seasons sampler looks lovely, definitely deserve a few little crosses :)
What a lovely walk, so many beautiful Snowdrops. Beautiful sewing xx
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed "walking" along with you Julie, the snowdrops are just lovely. Getting out into the fresh air is a tonic in itself.
ReplyDeleteA perfect way to enjoy a walk in our amazing countryside. Your spring stitching is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures Julie. I t is great have some dry weather after all the rain.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is very pretty.
I love your sweet Spring stitching, and your spring walk looks just what the doctor ordered!
ReplyDeleteHello Julie ...
ReplyDeleteI've just come across from Jo's blog.
What a lovely post, and so nice to see your photo's too.
I love seeing snowdrops, Spring is one of my favourite seasons, and hopefully it may be just around the corner!
All the best Jan
Lovely snowdrops, a nice way to spend some time
ReplyDeleteBeautiful xxx Lovely post.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this lovely walk with you. Your Four Seasons Sampler is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day for walking and exploring. Love the snow drops.
ReplyDeleteThe sampler looks pretty.
What a lovely outing and so many signs of spring to be seen now. I just love seeing all the spring lambs, none around here yet though. My stitching mojo is lost at the moment too but I'm sure it'll return given time. You've won the giveaway over on my blog, can you please let me have your address so that I can get your prize out to you.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are lovely Julie, I really enjoyed my virtual spring walk. I'll have to make do with virtual walks for now, it's been pelting down for days here!
ReplyDeleteI love the Spring sampler too
What a nice spring outing! That little lamb is just precious with his mama.
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE that stitched Spring piece Julie, I've never seen it before so Googled it, it's so pretty.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to see better weather and to be able to get out and enjoy it now, your walk looked very entertaining :-)
You had a beautiful Sunday walk. It's great that the weather has improved enough for pleasant walks like this.
ReplyDeleteYour Spring stitching design is lovely.
Your beautiful spring photos make me want to go out and take a walk, Julie (except it is very cold here right now!). I so love the lamb and his mama--what a sweet moment you captured.
ReplyDeleteAnd how lovely to see your finished Spring piece. It is a beauty :)
Beautiful photos and stitching!
ReplyDeleteHello sweetie, What a lovely springlike post although the description of gushing water made me stop what I was typing lol. OOOH Sheep and that dear little lamb , I think I may have to ask for a trip out to see if I can see some. Thanks for the e mail , this day seemed brighter for you. Will reply after the weekend ,but hugs come from me to you. The design is lovely and like Maggie I think I shall have to go have a look see,it is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to our next adventure be it seaside or countryside or maybe the town . Take care and much love to both.x
What a wonderful afternoon spent with your DH, making memories! All your pictures are lovely, especially the Momma and baby!
ReplyDeletePerfect piece to stitch after your outing, very sweet.
What a beautiful walk Julie. Thank you for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteYour Spring stitch is gorgeous.
Thank you for taking us along on your walk. It has been so bitter cold here -- winter has decided to come on in a big way. I guess the ewe was pretty proud of her sweet little baby. : ) And aren't those snowdrops so pretty! Love your spring finish!
ReplyDeleteI always love you to go on a drive and/or a walk in your region because this usually means that you come back home with lots of wonderful pictures that show us a bit more of your surrounding. What a pleasure to go with you on this spring walk and see the masses of snowdrops, usually the first spring flower here. And I can see snowdrops in many gardens already, and crocuses in some more protected places. No doubt, spring has sprung at your place and at mine. Thanks for sharing, Julie.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your walk with us. I enjoyed it too. Love your spring stitching piece. So beautiful. I hope your mojo sticks around. Mine is in overdrive haha.
ReplyDelete