All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Signs of Spring

A break in the recent rain, the sun came out on Saturday.  DH suggested we go for a drive and take a snowdrop walk and enjoy some sunshine.  He felt we both needed to breathe some fresh air, enjoy some exercise and take in the peace of the countryside.

A field of sheep and my first sight of spring lambs this year


One particular ewe was shouting to us and came running across the field
 
 
She came right up close to the hedge to show us her new baby, I was delighted by this small gesture.
 
 
A little further on you can cross the bridge and enter the gates to the churchyard although there are only services there in the summer months so it is locked at all other times.
 
 
The water was gushing over the lintel under the bridge, a lovely splashing sound
 
 
The ducks were enjoying a swim. 
 
 
There was such a commotion when Mr Drake decided to mate with her and almost drowned her.  I didn't take a pic of that moment!
 
Masses of snowdrops along the waters edge
 
 
Just had to get a close up of these beauties
 
 
Further along a big house sits in the woodlands with a lake in the garden
 
 
The afternoon sunshine on the lake was lovely and more ducks were swimming
 
 
This one seemed to be needing a snooze.  He was sitting right on the pathway and we had to step around him, he didn't mind.
 
 
The woodland was amass of snowdrops as far as the eye could see.
 
 
Seeing all that springyness spurred me to add the final stitches to my Spring project.  I have to say stitching mojo has been a bit hit and miss this year, but maybe it's springing back now.... 
 
 
I've had this in my stash for a long time. It's My Four Seasons Sampler from Giulia Punti Antichi and has all four seasons on it.  The other three seasons are equally as lovely.
 
We have the sun out again today, so fingers crossed there is more to follow this week and we have a rest from the recent wet stuff.  The blackbirds nesting in our tree seem to think so.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 
 

25 comments:

butterfly said...

What lovely photos Julie .
Looks like a beautiful place to walk.
What a beautiful design , I have never see this one before it is so pretty .
Enjoy your week , it's cold and raining again here.

Mii Stitch said...

I hope your stitching bug return soon.
The seasons sampler looks lovely, definitely deserve a few little crosses :)

Cheryl mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a lovely walk, so many beautiful Snowdrops. Beautiful sewing xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I enjoyed "walking" along with you Julie, the snowdrops are just lovely. Getting out into the fresh air is a tonic in itself.

Clare - Aimetu said...

A perfect way to enjoy a walk in our amazing countryside. Your spring stitching is beautiful.

Lesley said...

Lovely pictures Julie. I t is great have some dry weather after all the rain.
Your stitching is very pretty.

Justine said...

I love your sweet Spring stitching, and your spring walk looks just what the doctor ordered!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Julie ...
I've just come across from Jo's blog.
What a lovely post, and so nice to see your photo's too.
I love seeing snowdrops, Spring is one of my favourite seasons, and hopefully it may be just around the corner!

All the best Jan

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely snowdrops, a nice way to spend some time

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful xxx Lovely post.

Vickie said...

I enjoyed this lovely walk with you. Your Four Seasons Sampler is so pretty!

Mini said...

What a wonderful day for walking and exploring. Love the snow drops.
The sampler looks pretty.

Jo said...

What a lovely outing and so many signs of spring to be seen now. I just love seeing all the spring lambs, none around here yet though. My stitching mojo is lost at the moment too but I'm sure it'll return given time. You've won the giveaway over on my blog, can you please let me have your address so that I can get your prize out to you.

Christine said...

Your photos are lovely Julie, I really enjoyed my virtual spring walk. I'll have to make do with virtual walks for now, it's been pelting down for days here!
I love the Spring sampler too

blue star stitcher said...

What a nice spring outing! That little lamb is just precious with his mama.

Maggie said...

I just LOVE that stitched Spring piece Julie, I've never seen it before so Googled it, it's so pretty.

It's lovely to see better weather and to be able to get out and enjoy it now, your walk looked very entertaining :-)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You had a beautiful Sunday walk. It's great that the weather has improved enough for pleasant walks like this.
Your Spring stitching design is lovely.

Carol said...

Your beautiful spring photos make me want to go out and take a walk, Julie (except it is very cold here right now!). I so love the lamb and his mama--what a sweet moment you captured.

And how lovely to see your finished Spring piece. It is a beauty :)

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful photos and stitching!

Barb said...

Hello sweetie, What a lovely springlike post although the description of gushing water made me stop what I was typing lol. OOOH Sheep and that dear little lamb , I think I may have to ask for a trip out to see if I can see some. Thanks for the e mail , this day seemed brighter for you. Will reply after the weekend ,but hugs come from me to you. The design is lovely and like Maggie I think I shall have to go have a look see,it is so pretty.
Look forward to our next adventure be it seaside or countryside or maybe the town . Take care and much love to both.x

Astrids dragon said...

What a wonderful afternoon spent with your DH, making memories! All your pictures are lovely, especially the Momma and baby!
Perfect piece to stitch after your outing, very sweet.

Sally said...

What a beautiful walk Julie. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Your Spring stitch is gorgeous.

Penny said...

Thank you for taking us along on your walk. It has been so bitter cold here -- winter has decided to come on in a big way. I guess the ewe was pretty proud of her sweet little baby. : ) And aren't those snowdrops so pretty! Love your spring finish!

Brigitte said...

I always love you to go on a drive and/or a walk in your region because this usually means that you come back home with lots of wonderful pictures that show us a bit more of your surrounding. What a pleasure to go with you on this spring walk and see the masses of snowdrops, usually the first spring flower here. And I can see snowdrops in many gardens already, and crocuses in some more protected places. No doubt, spring has sprung at your place and at mine. Thanks for sharing, Julie.

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. I enjoyed it too. Love your spring stitching piece. So beautiful. I hope your mojo sticks around. Mine is in overdrive haha.