The original design was for 2016, some ladies added this years date but as mine was late being stitched up and the finishing only happened on reveal day (naughty, naughty) i went for next years 2018 and made mine into a little goody bag that I will give away with a treat inside. Not sure if it will be a sweetie treat or a gift for a stitcher and contain some stash....will have to see who it goes to next year. Just hope I can remember the safe place where I've hidden it next year!
The other finishes in this months gallery can be seen here.
My little parcel arrived that DH ordered for me. I'd been browsing them online and they popped up when DH was online (as they do to tempt you) so he ordered one as a surprise. It's a row counter for my knitting. He thought it might be better than the notepad and pencil I have.
I've been using it this weekend, it works very well. I'll show you next time what I've been knitting.
Blessings to you all
Julie
That's so lovely and you're well in advance now for 2018, you'll meet yourself coming back. I have one of those row counters and they work really well. I actually included some in the swaps I took part in over Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLovely challenge finish! I blogged yesterday and completely forgot to include mine. Duh!
ReplyDeleteI used to have one of those row counters, and found it very useful. I haven't seenn it for a while though, it's probably in "a safe place" like your challenge finish :)
Congratulations on getting ahead for 2018 :-)
ReplyDeleteIf your 'safe place' is anything like mine you will find it well after the event, lol
I've seen those row counters on different blogs i read, i have the little blue and white one which you turn to the next number, I forget about using it when i'm knitting, I'm still more comfortable with a paper and pencil, i think it's because i like to see things actually written down.
A sweet New Year finish! I like that you've finished it as a little bag.
ReplyDeleteYou are so ready for the next year! Love the bag and your new gift. Be sure to keep us informed if it really works out for you and maybe for us.
ReplyDeleteLovely finish Julie - I'm sure you will remember the 'safe place'. My Grandma used a row counter for her knitting but it was bigger with big buttons to press, yours is much prettier.
ReplyDeleteExcellent finish and what a thoughtful gift! DH surprises me like that sometimes too. He got me a large magnet with a case to make sure I don't lose any pins. :)
ReplyDeleteOh that turned out so cute Julie. Your husband is so sweet. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea Julie. A very sweet finish.
ReplyDeleteLove your row counter! I wouldn't be without the ones I have.
Love the way you've finished the challenge Julie.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your sweet little goodie bag will be well-received, Julie! I enjoyed looking at everyone's finishes, too--thank you for the link. It's fun to see all the different colors and finishes that your friends have used.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your row counter will help make your already amazing knitting even more fabulous :)
A great finish Julie, I love the bag idea! I haven't finished mine yet but I also went for 2018 with the idea of giving it to my sister-in-law for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLovely finish Julie. It'll be a lovely gift for next new year.
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely finish, but watch those "safe" storage places - they can be deadly.
ReplyDeleteLovely bag finish Julie. I'm sure the recipient will love it.
ReplyDeleteNice gift from your husband, how thoughtful.
I always wonder how to use those row counters.
What a pretty little bag and a good idea to save it for next year.
ReplyDeleteI like your knitting counter, what a thoughful gift,they are so useful.I have one that was my mum's,it is a Millwards row tally and is quite elderly now:)
Oh Julie, this is a great bag that you managed to stitch and finish. I have also seen the other challenge pieces. Everybody was doing a great thing. I love all these finishing ideas.
ReplyDeleteYour new row counter seems to be a very nice idea s well. But like you I am a paper junkie and write everything down on paper. So I always have some list next to my computer, lol.
Love your stitching and the little bag looks wonderful .
ReplyDeleteGreat row counter what a great gift.
Beautiful finish! Nice present from hubby too.
ReplyDeleteSweet little counter, very useful. Your bag is lovely, 2018, is a good idea xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a great bag, I love it! Write yourself a note as to where your safe place is, I'm sure I'd forget!
ReplyDeleteCute finish for the bag. Hope you safe place is not like mine. Mine tends to turn into a black hole. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet bag, Julie! My safe places are so safe that even I forget where they are. : ) And your husband is very thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteYou will wonder how you managed without your row counter Julie, I have several and wouldn't be without them:-)
ReplyDeleteA lovely Challenge finish, Julie. There has been lots of variety in the finishes. Love your row counter, more interesting than the one I push onto my needles.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first finish for 2018, where does the time go?
ReplyDeleteChristine always finds such cute freebies.
Oh, your 2018 bag is so lovely and you are now so very organised! I have one of those row counters for knitting and they are invaluable.
ReplyDelete