All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Happy Holidays


 
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and you were able to spend time with those you love and have some fun times.
 
I was very lucky and received some lovely gifts from stitching friends.  Thank you so much for your kindness to -
 
Clare
 
Barb 
 
Gill 
 
Christine 
 
Kathy (no blog) 
 
and my lovely hubby thinks I need some more sock knitting wool!
Santa brought a bag full from the wool warehouse ......
 
For us, Christmas was not what we had planned.  Both DH and I have been quite unwell with sinusitis and chest infections,   Hubby has also been on a course of steroids to help his asthma and prevent a hospital stay.   We had the quietest of times, but still happy ones spent together even though we were resting and recouperating. 
 
I haven't picked up a needle, sewing or knitting in two weeks, but I did finish off a gift for Maggie before I was taken ill.  She celebrated her birthday yesterday so I can share with you what I made for her.  A pair of handknitted fingerless gloves.  I hope you had a lovely birthday Maggie.
 
 
2016 is coming to a close.  I have had some wonderful times and some sad ones this year. 
I've had a good crafting year and made quite a few things and as always on my final post of the year, i'm going to add a list of my finishes here just for my own personal reference in the future.
 
75. Fingerless gloves
74. Book Borrowers Christmas bookmark
73. Isabelle's Christmas cardigan
72. Sally's b/day sheepie bag
71. Tina's b/day socks
70. Goldfinch socks
69. Hatty elephant
68. Ornament Exch @ NH
67. Winter SAL
66. Joyful World SAL - October
65. Raffle bunny for meet up
64. Wellington socks for DH
63. Joyful World SAL - September
62. October challenge @ NH
61. 3 covered coat hangers
60. Hat and Scarf set
59. Pink christmas socks
58. Round and oval covered rope baskets
57. Joyful World SAL - August
56. Lillie's cardigan
55. Christmas gift socks
54. Dresden Plate quilt block
53. Joyful World SAL - July
52. Sept challenge NH
51. Redwork covered tape measure
50. Alpaca hand warmers
49. Autumn SAL
48. Pink frilly cardigan
47. Red aran cardigan
46.Red Cardigan
45. Knitted breasts!!
44. Spring meet up Coaster exch
43. Yellow/blue socks
42. July challege NH
41. June challnge NH
40. Joyful World SAL - June
39. Stripey socks
38. Isabelle's birthday cardigan
37. Barbies bridesmaid dress
36. Blue baby blanket
35. CCN - Place of our Own
34. Joyful World SAL - May
33. Pink waistcoat
32. Red socks
31. SIL's birthday Socks!
30. Joyful World SAL - April
29. DS' birthday pool/snooker hanger
28. Stitch for Syria square
27. Easter bunny egg cosy
26. Bunny for June
25. Joyful World SAL - March
24 Stitch for Syria square
23. Pink socks
22. Tra La La - Chasse a l'oeuf
21. Hedgehog Quilted Placemats
20. Spring SAL
19. NH Feb challenge -
18. Isabelle's red cardigan
17. Joyful World SAL ~ February
16. Crochet cushion cover
15. Sheila Sheep - Barbs Bday
14. LHN Kitty Sampler
13. Biscornu Exchange
12. PSS Day 12
11. Socks for me!
10. NH Jan challenge - Aliolka
9. PSS Day 11
8. PSS Day 10
7. Joyful World SAL ~ January
6. RAK bunny for Linda
5. Blue socks for DH
4. PSS Day 9
3. Dec Challenge @ NH
2. PSS Day 8
1. Craftshare oven mitt challenge
 
 
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the year and your visits here.
 
Wishing you all health and happiness in 2017
 
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
Julie x
 
 

20 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

I hope you're both fully recovered soon. Wow! That is a lot of completions, well done!

Vickie said...

Lovely gifts Julie. I am sorry that your husband and you are unwell. I hope the steroids do the trick for your husband. Our eldest has had asthma his whole life and I understand how bad off you are when you are in need of steroids. :( Take good care now. ♥

Katie said...

What fantastic gifts you received. Sorry to hear you were ill for Christmas but glad it was nice and relaxing for you both. Major congrats on all your amazing finishes!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The same to you Julie, I hope 2017 brings many good things your way. Take care.

Bea said...

I do hope you and your DH are feeling better. That is an amazing list of completions - well done!

Best wishes for a joy filled 2017.

Justine said...

I hope you and your husband are feeling better now and that you had a lovely Christmas despite your illnesses. You received some lovely gifts. And what a lot of finishes!

butterfly said...


Sorry Julie you and your hubby have not been well .
I had a chest infection a few years ago and it's taken a long time for me to get better .
What my hubby and I do now is buy pure fruit juice that is packed with lots of different fruits .
We both have a glass before going to bed and we don't get very many colds now at all.
Before we would always get a cold at Christmas time . We do this all year round and both feel much better for this.
Wow what lovely gifts , and look at all the work you have worked on this year amazing .
Get better soon , and both have a very Happy New Year.

gracie said...

Hope the start of the new year finds both of you feeling better. Fantastic list of finishes.

Brigitte said...

Oh Julie, we were having a similar kind of holiday this year but it was only me, not my husband. So we were chilling and relaxing and it was doing me good. I hope that you and your husband already feel a lot better.
Your crafting year was terrific, Julie, so many finishes and finishes of all kinds. You can be really proud.
I hope that next year will bring all of us mainly health and happiness. Happy New Year!

stitchersanon said...

I hope you both get well soon Have a wonderful New Year Julie xxxxx

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Wow, what an abundance of gifts from your wonderful friends, and hubby, too! I'm sorry to hear that you both were ill over the holidays and hope that you are well on the road to recovery. I love the fingerless gloves. Happy New Year to you.

Christine said...

Sorry to hear you've both been unwell, I hope you are feeling better now.
You got some lovely gifts there. I do like the way the wool comes packed from Wool Warehouse, it always makes me feel like I'm getting a present even when I've paid for it myself.
Impressive finishes roll call!
Happy New Year to you and your family

Astrids dragon said...

What lovely gifts you received! You really have had a very productive year, good for you.
I hope that 2017 brings you both better health!

Jo said...

I'm glad you managed to have a nice time over Christmas despite both being poorly, I hope you're both feeling better soon. It's been the same here, very stressful and I'm glad it's over if I'm honest, even though I usually love Christmas. You received some wonderful gifts and I had to laugh at number 45 on your list, I bet you never thought you'd be listing those!

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read about your Christmas illnesses, Julie--what awful timing! I hope the New Year brings lovely days with better health to both of you...

Enjoy those wonderful Christmas gifts and here's to another fabulously creative year like the one you had in 2016 :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's funny how many people get ill over Christmas, it always happens when you stop and try take a break! Hope you feel better soon.
Your lovely presents must have cheered you up.
Great list of finishes, number 45 was quite unique!

Penny said...

I'm so sorry to read that you and your husband have been ill - I hope you are both feeling better. You received some wonderful gifts, and that was so kind of your husband to gift you the beautiful yarn - I know you will put it to good use! You certainly had a very productive year, and I'm looking forward to following along with your crafting adventures in the year to come. Happy New Year to you and your husband. : )

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Sorry to read that you and DH have been unwell, Julie. I hope you both feel 100% soon.Your list of finishes in 2016 is impressive.
Wishing you all the best for 2017. Happy New Year.

Kaisievic said...

Oh Julie, so sorry to hear that you have both been unwell - that is no fun at any time but certainly not at Christmastime. A great list of finishes, my dear and lots of lovely goodies received. I can't wait to see what you do with all that yummy yarn. Hope that you are both on the mend. love Kaye xxx

Mini said...

sorry to hear that you were unwell. Hope you have recovered by now.
You have had such a productive 2016 with so many beautiful finishes.