All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness - November

The 15th of the month means it's time for this months Gifted Gorgeousness post, i'm only a day late this month so that's good :-)

Created by the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, a way to show what kind and wonderful people crafting folks are with their lovely gifts they send out to others.  The very laid back rules are quite simple and can be found on Jo's sign up page at the top of her blog.
Novembers link up post is here if you would like to see what other folks have had gifted to them and are gift making for others.
 
The  meet up of the Needlecraft Haven forum was a day full of gifts and giving and I blogged about that in the previous post but here are some other gifts that fit this months GG post nicely.
 
Sock gift knitting -
Here's the wool I was knitting with last Saturday that I forgot to take a pic of in my post about the meet up. West Yorkshire Spinners 4 ply from the birds collection called Goldfinch.
 
 
Christmas gift making - for my granddaughter 
Found this great pattern in the local wool shop.  It uses Sirdar Snuggly wool, it's so soft to knit with.  She loves a short sleeved cardigan with a soft cotton long sleeved t-shirt underneath, so this pattern is perfect. 

 
Gift of a free chart -
A few stitches make a WIP of Octobers Joyful World SAL chart 
 
 
A gift from Mother Nature -
Not a very good picture of this months super moon, too much cloud and a shaky hand!
 
 
Gifted myself some hygge time -
The library left a message that a book I ordered was ready for collection, so I picked it up and took the opportunity of using one of the hot chocolate drinks from my meet up goody bag exchange and snook an hour to myself in the afternoon whilst my boys were at work..... how naughty!
 
 
The gift of friendship -
Thank you for stopping by to see my Gifted Gorgeousness post for November.   Love and blessings to each and every one of my readers.
 
Julie x
 

24 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh i do love that colour sock yarn, i might have mentioned that once or twice i think lol. And it matchy matches your table cloth :-)

Lovely cardigan for Isabelle too.

I got a good view of the moon on Monday around 5.30ish and it looked really big but later on it was cloudy and the view through our oak tree was very disappointing.

Have a good rest of the week x

butterfly said...


Lovely post Julie, you are always so busy with your beautiful makes.

Tiffstitch said...

That is gorgeous yarn! And nice to have a moment to yourself too.

Lesley said...

The sock wool is gorgeous and I love your granddaughter's cardigan.

Vickie said...

Super socks!! Isabelle gets the greatest gifts! :D

Sue said...

Lovely knitting and stitching Julie, you get so much done. Love the colour of the sock wool.




Linda Harris said...

I love the randomness of the yarn for your socks and the pattern for your grand daughters cardigan is so sweet. I am still woefully behind on the Joyful World SAL and can't see me getting it finished this year. I hope you enjoyed your reading and thank you so much for all your comments on my blog x Off to catch up on your previous posts.

Bea said...

The knitting is lovely, both projects. And I'm glad you took some time for yourself to recharge - and what's better than tea and a good book?

Mii Stitch said...

I love the colour of wool for the socks.
Plenty of projects to keep you busy :)

Barb said...

Hello Miss Julie, Always so many lovely things to see and admire on your posts. Am i owing you mail , so pleased you grabbed a little me time , there is nothing quite like it. Hope all are well. Much love.

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous in every way!

Marlene jones said...

I love your sock wool, beautiful colours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your varied gifts. The last one is my favourite of course!
I am sure your granddaughter will love her new cardigan too.

Carol said...

Lots of nice gifts in this post, Julie! Your little granddaughter must have the most stylish sweater wardrobe of anyone in her class :) What a lucky little girl! So glad you are gifting yourself with some hygee time :)

Elfie said...

Your post was a joy to read. I particularly love the wool you have used for the socks - and the socks as well.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely GG post, Julie. Not only with crafted gifts but also other kinds of gifts that make us happy, too.

blue star stitcher said...

Hot chocolate and cookies (?) look the perfect snack to enjoy while reading a book about comfort. Love your knitting projects, always makes me wish I had taken the time to learn that craft as well.

Christine said...

Lovely knitting and stitching Julie, Goldfinch is the perfect name for that wool.

Jo said...

I've never used West Yorkshire Spinners yarn though I should have seeing as I live in West Yorkshire, there's some lovely colours in it. The October Joyful World design looks pretty and there's some lovely colours in that too, it's looking good.

Angela P said...

I think I might have to get some of that sock yarn, it's a gorgeous color! Love the cardigan pattern as well.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely work on your projects, Julie.
It was too cloudy with us to see the Super moon.

Justine said...

A lovely post which I'm late to comment on Julie. I love that sock yarn and didn't realise it's called Goldfinch - of course! Another lovely cardigan for Isabelle too.
Your chocolate and biscuits look so luxurious on that lovely tray. Very hygge!

Astrids dragon said...

I love the colours for the socks and the cardigan looks so lovely.
There's nothing wrong with being a little naughty!

Katie said...

Great GG post!