All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016

The postman brought a smile my way

I've been resting a lot for a few days, some super strong meds that had to be taken for something else that happened.  I'm getting a bit fed up of saying that i am not well and I bet you are all fed up reading about it, but, sometimes blogs are not full of nice and happy things to chat about and life does throw a spanner in the works for you.

I'm on the mend again now thankfully, but whilst feeling pretty awful, postie delivered a lovely belated birthday gift from Sally.


Isn't that such a beautiful stitched and finished pillow.  Thank you so much Sally, it really did brighten my day. xx

What to do when feeling a little brighter and needing something to occupy your mind a little.  Nothing too busy that takes too many brain cells and half an hours concentration is enough - I reached for the kitted up Autumn SAL that was in my workbasket .... I finally picked up needle and thread and put in a few little crosses and slow but sure, I had a little finish.


A very old free design and this is the third one in the seasonal set i've stitched this year.  I will put it into the frame properly towards the end of the month when autumn finally arrives and it will replace the Summer piece.

This weekend its the Horticultural Show at the community centre, fingers crossed all goes well and we get lots of entries on the show benches so I have some nice things to show you next time.

Thanks for visiting

Blessings to you all

Julie x

21 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Sally is a sweet little gem!
What a beautiful make her piece is :)
Enjoy your little cups of friendship.
Love the little Autumn piece you have managed to finish despite not feeling too good.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Marlene jones said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better, stitching always helps and yours is very pretty.

Maggie said...

What a lovely surprise from Sally :-)
I love your little Autumn finish, I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better now. x

rosey175 said...

What a cute little pillow! Even the little trim wound up looking like little cups in the image.

Your small finish is beautiful; glad you were up to it. :D

butterfly said...

Lovely gift from Sally .
Love your Autumn stitch.
Hope you will be better soon , it's not nice to feel ill , take care and lots of hugs coming your way , hugs hugs hugs.

Vickie said...

Ah yes, I completely understand Julie. I too have been suffering from more than just my headaches but have not mentioned it, because well, it is just a downer. Sally's gift is super! :D Love your little autumn stitch.

Jo said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill but glad you're feeling a little better now. What a lovely birthday surprise, such a lovely sentiment in the pillow and I like your finish too. It was our local horticultural show at the weekend but it was on my birthday so I didn't make it this year. I've just caught up with your last post, the Stitches In Time exhibition sounds so interesting, it's somewhere I'd love to visit. I went back to your post last year about Cardigan Bay, it sounds really lovely and I'll definitely put it on my lists for possible places to visit when we eventually make it to Wales.

Lesley said...

A pretty gift from your friend and a lovely finish,I love sunflowers.
Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better Julie:)

Sue said...

Love your Autumn finish Julie and a lovely present from Sally. Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better x

Bea said...

That little pillow is just lovely. And a very cute finish. I hope you continue to feel better.

Justine said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. That is such a sweet gift from Sally and I love your autumn stitch.
Enjoy your show this weekend, I hope you're fully fit for it.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You received a lovely pillow from Sally. I like your autumn finish. Hopefully you will feel 100% soon.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think it's good to share Julie and I agree that life isn't always a bed of roses. Blogging with honesty and sincerity shows that life is full of ups and downs for all of us. I'm glad you've turned a corner and hope things continue to improve for you.

Carol said...

Isn't it amazing how a simple gesture of friendship or a kind word can brighten our day, Julie? Sally's stitching is so sweet and I do love the older freebie that you stitched up, too.

I hope you continue to feel better and don't worry--sharing the hard parts of our lives just makes us more human to others! Take care now...

Tiffstitch said...

What a lovely gift and finish. I hope you continue to feel better

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Super gift from Sally, very thoughtful. Love your Autumn design too. I must start switching out my seasonal pieces. Summer actually fell off the wall last week - that's an omen if there ever was one!

Von said...

What a sweet little gift from Sally - a real day brightener!

Brigitte said...

So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well lately. I hope that you are recovering and feeling better with each day.
Such lovely gift from Sally. And stitching this little autumn piece has certainly cheered you up as well.

Christine said...

Glad you're feeling better Julie.
The gift from Sally is lovely and you autumn stitch is so bright and cheerful

valerie said...

Feel Better, Julie! That's a cute gift from Sally and I love your autumn finish!

Katie said...

Glad to hear you a feeling a little better. Please don't feel bad sharing bad news. That's what we are here for each other for. I love your pillow gift and your finish. Too cute!