All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 17 September 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness September

The 15th of the month meant it was time for a Gifted Gorgeousness post...... mines a couple of days late.

Created by the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, a way to show what kind and wonderful people crafting folks are with their lovely gifts they send out to others.
The very laid back rules are quite simple and can be found on Jo's sign up page at the top of her blog and Septembers link up post is here.
 
Not a lot of crafting recently, but I have completed a gift for DH.  For my birthday I was gifted some pure alpaca wool for a local alpaca farm. 
 
I came across a lovely pattern for some hand warmers and as DH suffers with arthritis, I thought it would be nice to make him a pair to keep his hands warm in the winter months.
 
The last stitch was put in last night and here they are ...
 
 
He's very pleased with them and so am I.  Not sure I like the pure alpaca wool, its a little prickly to knit with.  One of the ladies at the knit group is knitting with dyed 4 ply alpaca from a farm on the Isle of Wight and that seems to be so much softer, perhaps one day i'll give alpaca a try again.
 
I'd like to take the opportunity of my GG post to wish Jo a very Happy Birthday today.  I did send out a little note as I had been looking in my stash to see if I had some of the thread she is looking for for a project she is to start, unfortunately, I didn't have any, but I did come across something else that I thought she might be able to make use of, so that was sent off as a little surprise for her.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO, I hope you have a wonderful day
 
Blessings to you all
 
Julie
 
 
 

23 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great hand warmers. I bet your husband loves them.

gracie said...

Wonderful fingerless gloves

gracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gracie said...

Wonderful fingerless gloves

butterfly said...

Lovely, they will be so warm when the cold comes in.

Lesley said...

I do admire your knitting versitility,and love seeing the finished articles.A lovely gift for your husband.

Christine said...

They look lovely and cosy Julie

Vickie said...

These are fabulous! I have a pair, I had to buy mine. I use them all winter long.

rosey175 said...

I was skeptical about fingerless mitts until I made and tried my own! They really are the best in winter. I'm sure your husband was super happy.

Maggie said...

The fingerless gloves looks lovely, i much prefer these sort of hand warmers to gloves or mittens.
Have a good week x

Bea said...

Love those hand warmers as I'm sure your DH does as well.

Jo said...

They look great, they'll be lovely and warm. I haven't used pure alpaca but I've got some in my stash, I have to say that it does feel quite soft, perhaps it's different once you start working with it.

Angela said...

Lovely fingerless mitts :)

WendyCarole said...

Love the hand warmers.

Katie said...

Oh those are very nice. Great job on them.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like the hand warmers. I hope they are not 'prickly' to wear.

Brigitte said...

Great hand-warmers and a wonderful gift for your husband.

Tiffstitch said...

Great wrist warmers and glad he likes them! I hope to get a pair made for a friend very soon, and your post reminded me I better get a move on!

Carol said...

Those are such great looking wrist warmers, Julie! I hope they help your husband be a bit more comfortable as he deals with arthritis. It always amazes me how quickly you knit things up :) Hope your September is going well!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The handwarmers look lovely and cosy. Thank you so much for my gift too, I know they will come in very useful!

Penny said...

They look like just the thing to keep your husband's hands nice and warm. : )

Mini said...

Those wrist warmers look lovely and I'm sure will be very useful.