All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 15 May 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness

The 15th of the month so that means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness post. 

Created by the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, a way to show what kind and wonderful people crafting folks are with their lovely gifts they send out to others.
The very laid back rules are quite simple and can be found on Jo's sign up page at the top of her blog
 
 

My knitted baby blanket is finished and ready to be gifted to the mum-to-be.
 
 
Such a lovely pattern and so effective and simple and easy to knit at the knitting group, and not many stitches un-knitted like on a lot of my other projects after a mornings chat and cheer.

 
 
Other gift knitting that's been on the needles is clothing for a barbie doll collection. 
 
The conversation went ......
 
Isabelle - Nanny, can you knit me some clothes for my dolls
Nanny - I think I have some patterns, i'll sort them out and you can choose something you would like
Isabelle - I might like a granny clanger instead
Nanny - *oh no, not another of those fiddly felt clad clangers, me with eyes wide open and thinking fast*  let's look at the dolls clothes patterns first before you decide
 
Next visit - with patterns duly found and in my bag (and not a clanger pattern in sight) 
 
Nanny - I've found the dolls clothes patterns
Isabelle - *turning her nose up at the quite a few I have* mmm I don't like any of them
 
She then spots the booklet for a wedding party - a pattern picked up in a charity shop - one of those 'this might be useful sometime' purchases
 
 
Isabelle - Nanny, I think i'll have the red one first (the bridesmaid doll outfit)
 
 
 
Nanny - ok, i'm sure I have red, green and white wool at home
Isabelle - Then I might have the others
Nanny - Yes, but I might have to do other stitching or knitting so it might take a while to get them all done
Isabelle - ok nanny
 
After I put my coat on to leave, a kiss and cuddle goodbye and she says "will you bring the dress next time you come" - the dear little lady thinks I have a magic wand that can whip up something in no time at all!
 
Then her parting shot as I walk up the driveway "then I think you can make me granny clanger" ..... aaarrggghhh noooo!   
 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has forgotten about granny clanger next time I visit, and no, the dress is not completed yet, it was really fiddly along the bottom hem and had to be unknitted a couple of times as I was watching TV and made a mistake! 
 
 
Isabelle has a birthday at the end of the month and I am trying to get a cardigan knitted up for her birthday parcel ....
 
 
A gift that I haven't created by just had to share with you is for Isabelle's birthday and was knitted by the lady who runs the knitting group.   Her granddaughter is to be invited to the birthday party.
 
 
The base of the basket is using a Carte D'or ice cream box that is covered in knitting.  
 
 
Well done Tricia, a fabulous gift that Isabelle will love.

The chart from my recent CCN finish was gifted onto another stitcher - firstly to Angi, who will pass it on to Gill who will send it on to Barb

What's in your GG post this month, i'm looking forward to reading about your gifts received and sent.
 
 and blessings to you all
 
Julie  x
 
 
 

20 comments:

Lumiruusu said...

Oh how I adore your knitting talent ..everything is so pretty <love the baby with red and white clothes.greetings from Finland !

Elfie said...

What lovely items you have knitted. It makes me wish I had persevered with those knitting needles so many years ago!

Jo said...

Oh, I did laugh at this post, I'm sorry but I think you're going to have granny clanger on your needles very soon if Isabelle's got anything to do with it. The baby blanket is lovely, such pretty shades of blue, and well done with the bridesmaid dress, I think dolls clothes are so fiddly to knit.

Lesley said...

that is a gorgeous blanket,a lovely colour scheme.I am looking forward to trying out the pattern.
Isabelle is a lucky girl to have a nanny who can knit anything requested even the dreaded Clangers which are so sweet when you have finished them:)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely knitting Julie, it looks as though a Clanger is on the cards:-) Your "pins" as my mum always used to call them must be red hot.

Angela said...

I love all of your knitted finishes and projects! The red Barbie doll dress looks sweet :)

Bea said...

The blanket is beautiful - it will be cherished I'm sure. The items for Isabelle are lovely - no wonder she thinks you're magical!

Vickie said...

The blanket is beautiful. And I too think a Clanger is coming up again. ;)

Christine said...

I love the baby blanket!
I think you'd better start granny Clanger now, she is not going to forget about that one

jocondine said...

Visiting you on GG tour, all your knitted projects are so lovely. Barbie doll dress will please Isabelle and Tricia has made a great gift. xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on everything! So good of you to make Barbie clothes for her.

Justine said...

Your blanket is gorgeous! My great-aunt knitted many toys for me and my brother which we treasured. I think you should start granny clanger too....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your Granddaughter is so sweet and so clever too! She really needs the Granny Clanger.
Did I tell you about the Clanger cake my Mum made for my sister's third birthday? I could send Isabelle photos to inspire her...

Mini said...

Love the conversation b/w you and your Granddaughter. She is blessed to have you as grandma. Your blanket is lovely and you are doing good job with the dolls.

Mii Stitch said...

What a beautiful blanket!!

Carol said...

I just loved your Isabelle story, Julie--what a little imp :) And, no, I don't think she'll be forgetting about Granny Clanger!! Good luck with the doll clothes--I still have fond memories of the bridal gown my mom made for my Barbie back in the early '60s :)

Brigitte said...

A wonderful post, Julie. It reminds me of me knitting lots and lots of clothes for my daughter's barbie doll. Looooong ago, lol.
That little knitted baby bag that you friend made is just too sweet. Isabelle will be thrilled. But I think you won't be lucky - Isabelle won't be forgetting about the granny clanger, lol. No matter how hard you try to make her forget about it, lol.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The baby in the basket is lovely. I know my niece would love it. It's sweet that Isabelle loves you to knit for her but I don't think she is in a hurry to forget about a Granny Clanger.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous knitting, my dear and I love your conversation with your granddaughter - priceless.

stitcherw said...

Wow, your blanket turned out gorgeous! I can crochet cat mats with a simple double crochet, not tried anything more complicated.