All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 7 March 2016

Travelling pattern needs a new home

End of February was the reveal for the monthly Christmas ornament challenge.  A free design chosen by Christine to finish anyway you choose.  Februarys design came from Pineberry Lane. 


March arrived and with it has been some lovely sunshiney days with fluffy clouds

 
Spring flowers are blooming at last in my garden
 
 
For the season SAL at Needlecraft Haven, I chose the free design from here.  It's been printed out and sitting on my pile for many years.    I popped it into a lovely frame with border found in the local Sainsburys supermarket.
 
 
A start on the Joyful World SAL - March.   I went for a pale blue fabric this month.
 
 
A new start in the Wednesday parlour with Barb and the parlour maids.  CCN A Place we call Home.
 
 
 
Here in the UK we celebrated Mothering Sunday yesterday, I hope all mums had a wonderful day.  My thoughts were with those who have angel mums and angel children.

I visited my own mum on Saturday to hand over a little parcel and some seasonal flowers.  She loves hedgehogs so when I spotted this lovely fabric decided to make her a couple of placemats using it.

 
Another finish recently has been the travelling chart that Jacqui gifted to me.   It is by Tra La La and now that I have finished it, it is ready to hop off to another home.
 
 
If you would like to have this chart, stitch it and pass it on to another person then please say in your comment.  Jacqui included a sheet of paper with it so that we could add our names and where we are from so as it travels we can all see where it has been previously.
 
 
 
So far the list only has two of us on it  ..... 
 
Jacqui and her blog is My Journey - and here's a link to her Finish post (details of her stitching of this chart and how it came to be a travelling chart)
 
My name and blog will now be added to the list .... will yours be the next one? 
 
I'll draw a winner on Sunday 13th March, so it can be off in the post to you ready for Easter - i'll also add a little surprise in the envelope with it for you.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, sending love and blessings to you all
 
Julie x     
 
 

28 comments:

  1. Pineberry Lane finish is so sweet. Oh, I like your outdoor pictures very much. What a sweet present for you mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the Pineberry Lane finish, and I love the place mats you made for your mum too :-)

    Love your free Spring finish, (i'm off to follow your link!)
    And your Travelling chart finish is lovely too, I have other commitments leading up to Easter so better not enter your draw as i'm not sure i'd be able to stitch it very quickly. I will follow it's travels though and enter another time.

    Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ho ho ho finish. I love the hedgehog fabric, I bet your mom was over the moon. I love that blue linen. I'm trying to get in the groove to blog again, wish me luck, lol
    Please enter my name to the adorable traveling pattern.
    Happy Mother's Day to you, yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your ornament finish. Too cute! Your Spring piece is too cute too! Love the March SAL for the Joyful World. I just keep loving these. I'm trying not to do them though haha. Nice new start. Love the hedgehog place mats! Congrats on your traveling chart finish. I have too many projects on the go right now but I wish everyone luck that enters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching Julie, and I love the hedgehog mats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Julie , wonderful stitching , Happy Mothers day for yesterday .
    Love all Easter charts so would love to stitch this one please add my name to the list hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore your finishes, really smiley happy stitches :)
    Oooh yes! Joyful World SAL is adorable, so pleased your stitching them up too... Yours is wonderful :)
    Gosh! Gosh! Gosh! Awesome!! You stitched up the wonderful Easter design!!! It's very pretty... And wow! The chart will soon be on its travels....AWESOME!! Thank you so much for joining in the fun and being the first one on the charts amazing journey.
    Big smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes and thank you for the link to the Spring one. I can't sign up for the traveling pattern, but I hope it finds a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love rabbits Julie but since I'm not stitching just now I think I'd better not enter. It's a pattern that I've liked for a while so it's good to see it stitched.
    I hope your mum enjoys using her placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish for the NH Santa and lovely placemats too.

    You've made a lovely version of the TP, a great start to its journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your finishes are all so cute! I'm going to have to bookmark the 'Spring' one for sure.

    I love the little mats you made for your mom. Such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your xmas ornie finish,the tra lala one is gorgeous. Loving your spring finish,going to have to stitch them,

    Lovely placemats for your mom,no stopping you now you have got your sewing machine

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching all round - some really delightful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work as always Julie, great frame and lovely placemats.

    I'll like to be in the draw for your travelling chart please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stitching as always. I love the fabric you used to make your Mother's Day gift with so sweet. Could I be added to the draw for the travelling chart please.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Love your Ho ho ho and Tra La La finish and the place mats for your mum are lovely.
    Beautiful picture of the sky and the snowdrops are such pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful photos! I love your Tralala finish and would love to be entered into the draw. I didn't enter when Jacquie first offered it and regretted it later. I'm sure I could squeeze it in!
    I love especially your little Spring stitch - what a great idea to frame it yourself in that way! I will have to start looking for simple frames when I'm out shopping. It really sets off your work.
    Those placemats are lovely - you're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Miss Julie
    lovely post as usual with lots of things to admire . Love the bunny finish and much as I would like to stitch it,as things are I do not know how long it would take me . Perhaps if it is still available I can order it and stitch it at my leisure. You enabler you. How come whatever you turn your hand to it comes out perfect, told you you should have been named Mary Poppins. Hope all are well ,will drop you a line soon.
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julie!
    Lovely stitching & finishing.
    Your Christmas ornament looks so cute & the Spring finish looks fantastic in the frame :)
    Please don't include me in the TP as I have already stitched it. I am sure the next stitcher will have fun working away on this cute little design :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your spring finishes and your Pineberry Santa. Hope you had a happy Mothering Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pieces you have stitched, Julie! And I'm also a fan of hedgehogs so of course I love the placemats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute finishes and great starts, looks like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely finishes and the placemats are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous finishes!!!
    I love that gorgeous Tra La La design.... and would so love it to come to Australia for an end of Summer holiday :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh, I do love seeing the March Joyful World. It's such a cute design! And you worked up the Tra La La so fast! I won't enter this time but it's fun to see them travel everywhere. :D

    That hedgehog fabric is adorable. They are not so popular over here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, what a sweet little ornament you made with the Pineberry Lane design. And your little spring finish looks wonderful in that frame. Nice stitching on your WIPs.
    Tralala is one of my favourite French designers, but please don't include me in your draw as I have already stitched this lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So much lovely stitching shared in this post! It looks like we've stitched about the same amount on the Joyful World March design. You're probably far ahead now as I haven't had time in the evenings to stitch. There's always hope for the weekend, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think the hedgehog placemats are adorable, Julie--I wish I could see a hedgehog in real life. We don't have them in my area... Lovely stitching, too--my favorite is the Ho Ho Ho Santa. I love the way you finished the ornament using the blanket stitch. I need to give that a try some day, too.

    Hope you are having a warmer than normal March like we are :) Enjoy your week ahead...

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.