All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Fancy a look at my stocking!

Now there's a title for a blog post to get your attention ..... ohhh errrr

 
December is marching forward, plenty of things happening to keep mind and body busy. 

Gifts and cards are being hand delivered and hopefully doorbells ringing with a jolly postman handing over cards and some small treats to a few close friends.

Talking of jolly postman, we usually buy our granddaughter Isabelle a Christmas book each year so she accumulates a collection of Christmas reading.  This year we got a copy of The Jolly Christmas Postman.  A fabulous book with lots of additional things in the envelopes inside that he delivers...


Clare and I fitted in a road trip last week over to see Angi (the lady from the meet up who had a fall on her way home).  We enjoyed a lovely time with her and her nurse friend Gill and were able to see for ourselves that she is healing well.  We took a nice cheery bunch of flowers for each of them and a cake that Clare had baked.  We sampled the cake with a cuppa, it was lovely. 

Get well soon Angi ....


A Christmas stocking has been hand delivered to my daughters partner.  Their tree is now up and the  fireplace now complete with a handmade stocking for each of them (the others made in previous years).  

CCN's Silent Night was kindly gifted to me by Sally, duly stitched and passed on a while ago.  I found the perfect co-ordinating fabric for it and this is how it turned out. My sewing skills are improving!

 
Whilst the sewing machine was out Merry and Bright turned into a little pillow -
 
 
and I whipped up a small birthday gift for Tina (no blog) with a few goodies tucked inside from her forum wish list.   A little jester bag with jingly bells -
 
 
the contents inside ....

 
A  little hand stitching in the evenings and Day 6 of the Plum Street Samplers free stitch-a-long joins the previous 5 days waiting to be finished off.   Day 7 is on the frame and a few stitches have been started on that.
 
 
A little knitting for a friend.  Lindsay asked if someone fancied a skill swap.  Could someone knit up a small kit she had been gifted for her grandson and she would bead them an ornament in exchange.  Always happy to help I offered and Peter penguin arrived in the post (in flat pack kit form).  
 
He arrived with this magazine containing the instructions.  The magazine is from March this year with some really lovely things inside it.
 
 
He left me a short time later to return home looking like this.  At just under 6" tall, he's sweet and turned out ok I think.   I hope your grandson likes him Lindsay.
 
 
Next week there are community events in abundance, fun times to look forward to with friends and a festive lunch or two coming up, Christmas parties and secret santa exchanges as well.  There will no doubt be some singing ....
 
 
I hope all your plans are progressing well and stress free times are happening for you all.  Sadly, those in the north of the UK are experiencing such terrible sadness with flooding, I hope you are all safe and do not have family that are affected by this tragedy.

Apologies, but no picture yet of the Christmas ornament exchange I stitched as there seems to be one or two that have been held up in the post and not arrived yet, maybe next time.

Thanks for taking time to stop by in this busy month of the year.

Blessings to you all




21 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I like the stocking you made Paul very much. Peter Penguin is adorable. And Merry & Bright is perfect with pink! ;)

Mary Ann said...

So many lovely finishes! I really like Paul's stocking and the Merry & Bright ornament. And, there's going to be a little boy who loves his Peter Penguin!! And, your PSS Sixth Day looks very nice--wonderful colors!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your stocking is wonderful, as are your other finishes. I love the penguin; he is adorable!

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely makes
Julie xxxxxx

butterfly said...

Julie you have been busy again, Love the stocking, the knitted toy and all the sewing up treats .
What a great post again.
We have already been to one carol service off to the outdoor one on Friday no rest for me this week.

Justine said...

You have been busy! I think your sewing skills are brilliant. Paul's stocking looks wonderful and I really love the colours in Merry and Bright.
What a great idea to have a skills swap! Peter Penguin looks great and will no doubt make someone very happy this Christmas. I hope you'll share the ornament you have "exchanged" him for.

Christine said...

Great stitching Julie, and as for the penguin. Oh my! he is adorable!

Maggie said...

Cute penguin, and i love the stocking and ornament too :-)

Take care x

Mii Stitch said...

Oh you have been so busy!
Some precious little makes in this post. Love the little cushion, the stocking must my favourite is the little penguin!! How sweet ;)

Katie said...

Love the idea of giving books. My son loves to read. Your stocking is fantastic. Great job!! Love the pillow finish on your Merry and Bright. I need to finish so many things but just hate sewing. You sent a fantastic goodie gift. What wonderful gifts inside. Congrats on the Day 6 finish. I just LOVE the penguin!! Have a great upcoming week.

Bea said...

I think the penguin is adorable - I'm sure he will be loved. Great finishes and well done for doing the finishing finishes! I always procrastinate with that - love the stitching, hate the sewing. Love both the stocking and the little pillow.

Lesley said...

I love Peter penguin:)
The stocking is lovely as is your other beautiful stitching and finishing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your sniggering Muttley!

Another busy post from you with some great crafting too. Did you see my list of Christmas books for the first day of advent? I really recommend Christmas At Exeter Street for your granddaughter.

Penny said...

What a lovely tradition giving Isabelle a book at Christmas and this one sounds like fun. I think you did a wonderful job on your finishing and Peter penguin is adorable! I'm hoping my knitting skills progress well enough to knit cute things someday. :)

Hawthorn Spellweaver said...

The sniggering Mutley made me smile, you have been super crafty and have some lovely goodies to show for it:) We are firm believers of books for gifts - they last and last and give so much :)x

Tina said...

The penguin is gorgeous,he will be so happy when he opens it.fabulous stocking for Paul,love the bag that you made for me and the goodies inside.merry and bright looks gorgeous finished,you always accomplish so much,have a fabulous Christmas
Xxx

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely post with lots of different things to read and to look at.
I love the idea if Isabelle getting another Christmas book from you each year, that will make a nice collection. Maybe I should start this for my little grandson as well.

Great stitching projects that you finished. I love the stocking and also the pillow is so neat. Great job on both. Nice stitching on PPS's Twelve Days. And such a sweet little penguin.

Linda said...

Gorgeous stitching as always and your penguin looks so cute.

Mylene said...

Lovely post Julie with all the different finishes. All looks beautiful as always.
Happy week!

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sally said...

I love the stocking you made Julie. What a wonderful idea. You've done better than me as my Silent Night is still not finished off!

Lots of lovely finishes.

How lovely that you and Clare visited Angi. Good to hear she is doing OK.

Have a wonderful Christmas.