All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 16 February 2015

Spreading a little love...

This weekend was Valentines day, did you receive a valentine?

DH and i exchanged cards and we shared a little box of choccies whilst watching a nice film.  I was having a blog reading catch up this morning and saw lots of lovely valentine exchanges that have taken place.  Beautifully stitched and finished cards and gifts that were sent with love to stitchers across the globe, well done everyone.


Last week I received a parcel in the post.  I was lucky enough to win a giveaway from Cathi on her blog.  Snowman goodies and a beautiful stitched ornament.  Thank you so much Cathi for your kindness.
 
I sent a little RAK gift out to a fellow stitcher myself a couple of weeks ago.  Jacqui has been really poorly and in hospital so I thought a little bunny would bring a smile to her face as she is always ready to send one of her smiles out to other bloggers.  It was nice to read that Jacqui is back home and recovering and my bunny had arrived safely.  What will you call her Jacqui?
 
 
Another little envelope i sent arrived safely last week as well.  Barb celebrated a birthday at the weekend and I can now share with you the stitched gift I made for her.   Dear Friend by JBW made into a pinkeep.
 
 
I'm still practising with the sewing machine, last week I quilted some fabric and was shown how to use bias binding for the first time.  A little case was completed.   Just an offcut of pretty fabric costing pennies, a bit of wadding and some backing fabric and voila .....
 
 
It's turned out really well and I'm so pleased with it.
 
 
Knitting needles have been smokin' and Amy's socks are finished.  A perfect fit and she was pleased with them.
 
 
I was asked to crochet and make up a little brooch from a cover kit on a magazine, that's gone off to a new home.

 
My two SAL WIP's have had some attention.  A couple of friends and some snowflakes added to my little snowman on CCN Let it Snow ornament for the Parlour evening SAL on Wednesdays.
 
 
The final top left inner border filled in on Irish Garden in the UFO weekend SAL.  Time to start and fill in the outer border next week. 

 
I've also added another 3 hats to my tally for the charity knitting, they are so easy to knit and only take an hour to make each one.
 
It's not until you upload the photos on the computer you get to see just how much progress you have made during a week.  This week I've knitted, crocheted, stitched and sewed.  With having 2 crafting sessions at the community centre each week that is 4 hours worth of things getting done with crafting friends.  Together with the Wednesday and weekend online SAL it does make a difference when stitching along with friends and showing each other progress each week.  
 
 
A new stitching start this week.  There is a Spring SAL happening, choose a chart for each of the seasons and stitch it up.  I've found a set of 4 in my stash, so time to put fabric on frame and put in the first stitch.
 
Next Sunday is the final Sunday of the month so that means reveal day of the monthly challenge design.  I better get that finished off and made up before the deadline.  I'll add that to this weeks plans and I need a trip to the wool shop as Isabelle has chosen another cardigan pattern she wants me to knit for her and I don't have any pink aran wool .... oh dear what a chore a visit to a stash shop!!
 
Hope you have a wonderful and craft filled week.
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
 
 
 

21 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely crafting Julie - how lovely to send Jacqui a bunny. You're certainly learning many new skills with the craft group.

Mary Ann said...

You have been a busy bee--lots of lovely stitching and crafting!!

Marlene jones said...

You have been very busy making s many wonderful things, Winter is great for being inside and having more time to craft.

butterfly said...

Beautiful post of goodies Julie , loved what you stitched for Barb, loved all your stitching and knitting a lady with allot of talent , have a great week.

Carol said...

You're work is lovely Julie! I really should make an effort to practise more on my sewing machine, I would love to do a little quilting and not be afraid to try bias binding! Love the pinkeep you've stitched for Barb.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely mix of your hand work as always Julie, I enjoy stopping by to see what you've been busy with. Little bunny is so cute, I'm sure she was much appreciated.

Maggie said...

Julie, I'm sure that you somehow magically stop time because you get so much done LOL
I love the pin keep you did for Barb and the quilted bag is just lovely, well done you!

When you posted a link to that sock pattern I went in search and am having a go:-) just completed the heel knitting last night, no idea if they will come out ok though. I love the colour you have used for Amy's.

Have a good week xx

Christine said...

Oh my goodness Julie you have been busy. Lovely to see another of your bunnies out in the world, how many is that now?
I need to finish my challenge piece off too

KC'sCourt! said...

Your makes are gorgeous
Julie xxxxxx

Mii Stitch said...

Plenty of beautiful finishes in your post today :) You have been really busy making lovely pieces for your friends! I personally am really impressed with you little fabric case!! It looks just perfect :)

Vickie said...

Julie, the bunny for Jacquie is just perfect.
What a gorgeous gift for Barb.
You are blessing so many with those hats.
Yay Isabelle! Pink!! ;)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely selection of work, Julie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wowzer you've been busier than me! So many lovely things. I love the two snow pieces and the cute bunny for Jacquie but my favourite is the continued progress on Irish Garden.
The seasonal SAL sounds good, who is organising that one?

stitchersanon said...

Wow, so many beautiful finishes and shares. I love your quilted purse...I've never tried anything with bias before...maybe I should xx

riona said...

You have been very busy. I find myself envying your time and your many talents. I am afraid I am a knitting and crocheting wannabe. I can't read patterns for either craft, though I have mastered a number of crochet projects that I have seen demonstrated in person or on You Tube. Those socks you knitted look fabulous and the little crocheted flower brooch is adorable. With retirement just 7 months away, I a hoping to have the time very soon to take some classes and learn to knit and crochet.

rosey175 said...

So busy!! It's fun how much stuff you've learned and putting it into so great use~ I'm sure you'll find a way to survive that trip to a stash shop. Be strong! :D

Hazel said...

Wow busy bee! Love all your photos and esp that case you made. Clever lady. X

Carol said...

That makes me smile so much to picture little Isabelle choosing a new cardigan pattern in pink, Julie! How blessed you are to have a loving granddaughter :)

I'm always amazed when I stop in to see all you've created and this week is no exception. Your new pouch is fabulous as well as the socks, pinkeep, and brooch. But, my favorite is the darling bunny that you knitted for Jacqui--how perfectly adorable! How many bunnies have you now sent out across the world? I know the recipients treasure them as much as I do mine :)

Enjoy your week, Julie!

Brigitte said...

You made and sent out two very lovely gifts to your friends and I know that both ladies were pleased with them. And wow, you were so busy with all your crafts lately - these colourful socks which look absolutely gorgeous and the project bag that you made, great. With the bias binding they are so easy and quick to make and they look so great, I think. I made a couple of them in the past to send out gifts and exchange pieces. The fabric you chose for yours is really perfect for such a bag.

Lumiruusu said...

You aresuch a talented lady all the stitchings and knittedsocks are very pretty!

Melanie said...

You've got an amazing amount of stuff done in a short time! The quilted bag is great. I'm totally flummoxed at that type of sewing. :(