All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 23 February 2015

Challenge reveal already ... well it was the last Sunday of February!

Last Thursday February 19th was my wedding anniversary.   It was also the start of the Chinese new year in 2015.  This year we are the year of the sheep (or goat as some say). 

I don't have a goat finish, but I do have a sheep design that has been made up.

CCN Winters Eve
from Just Cross Stitch Ornament 2008
 
Whilst the sewing machine was out I decided to finish up two more little ornaments.
 
LHN Winter Sampler
from JCS ornament 2009
 
I had put the final stitches into Let it Snow in the parlour with Barb and the ladies on Wednesday evening so that was ready.
 
 CCN Let it Snow
from JCS ornament 2008
 
It was getting close to reveal day for the monthly challenge, that was yesterday (Sunday) so wanting to be good and on time that got finished. 
 

There are a few finishes in the gallery this month, all different and very lovely. Well done ladies.  This lovely stag chart Christine chose from Luli.  You can see Christine's version on her blog.

UFO stitching at the weekend (or as Jo calls it, back to being a WIP as its getting attention each week).  Irish Garden had the top left borded filled in with Smyrna stitches around the edge.  Can you guess what's going to happen to the other 3 borders?


I managed a trip to the wool shop, such a chore it was too :-)  Pink wool purchased and the back is now knitted on Isabelle's aran cardigan (and I've almost completed a sleeve too).  More knitting happening this past week than stitching.


I did get round to starting the Spring SAL and putting a few stitches into that, such a lot of charts with seasons on to choose from. I found a lovely set in my stash so still no buying this year of charts for me.

No craftshare work to show you this week as there is something exciting happening there.  It's going to be a year old soon and to celebrate there is to be a 'hands on' workshop for the day on Saturday 28th February so we've been organising for that.  Anyone in the community can come along and try out different crafts during the day.  One lucky person will win a brand new sewing machine in the raffle.  The knitting group is going well with another new person coming along last week and I've added 2 more little prem baby hats to my months tally.

Thank you for stopping by, its nice to see you ...

Love and blessings to you all



 

26 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Happy Anniversary to you and DH :-)

Lovely ornaments, it's certainly got to then end of Feb quick, I do hope March slows down a bit :-/

Caitlin D said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your ornament finishes. They all look amazing. Irish Garden is coming along quickly now, and its so pretty.

butterfly said...

Happy Anniversay , hope you had a good one.

Beautiul finish on all your stitching they all look beautiful.

Lovely knitting too. hugs.

Carol said...

Happy 19th Anniversary, dear Julie!! I wish you and your husband many more happy years together :)

How nice to see all of those ornaments finished up--such a great job on all, too! And I love that pretty yarn that you've chosen for Isabelle's new cardigan--she will look adorable in it!

Enjoy your week, Julie :)

Maggie said...

Ooooh lovely stitching finishes :-)
I love how the stags head came out, sometime the simplest ones are the most stunning don't you think?

Great start on Isabelle's cardigan too.

Have a good week
xx

riona said...

Happy anniversary. Your ornaments are lovely and I am enjoying watching your progress on the Irish Garden.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Belated Anniversary wishes Julie, how many years have you been married? You are such an active stitcher and knitter, it's always good to see your projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love your little ornies, especially the stag's head.

Of course Irish Garden is now a WIP but not for long it seems, I spy a finish sometime this Summer?

Linda said...

Beautiful finishes as always.x

Vickie said...

The stag is wonderful. So is your GD's cardigan. Love it so far.
Happy Anniversary!

Mary Ann said...

Happy Anniversary to you and DH! Your finished ornaments are wonderful and Irish Garden is coming along nicely--I see a finish in the not too distant future!!

Christine said...

Fabulous ornaments Julie. I do feel for you, being forced to go to the wool shop. Must have been tough :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely selection of ornament finishes, Julie. Your knitting stitches look so even, wish mine were as regular :)

Mii Stitch said...

Your cross stitch finishes all look superb!!! You have been very productive :)

Tina said...

Lovely ornies Julie,and great progress on irish garden.

Happy anniversary to you both

Hugs xx

Lesleyanne said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Lovely finishes.

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! You have so many finishes! Great job Julie! My favorite is the stag finish. I hadn't seen that design yet.

Mrs Xstitch said...

cute ornaments, Love the Irish Garden. Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary - beautiful work xx

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

stitcherw said...

Lots of lovelies to look at, my favorite was the first, Winter's Eve, that piece is so sweet and I love the coloring (of course it had blues so I'm a bit biased). Irish Garden is looking lovely as well, this has such fun detail in it.

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful finish Julie, the stag looks great and great start on the cardi too

rosey175 said...

Looking forward to your craft share thingy! I wish we had something like that here. I recall a quilting guild of sorts but nothing for other crafty excursions.

Your knitting is always so beautiful! And a happy anniversary to you and your husband. :D

Brigitte said...

Happy belated anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you were having a wonderful day.
Great ornaments that you have finished. I always love to see different ways of finishing, it's always an inspiration for my own finishing.
Very nice progress on your stitchy and knitting WIPs.

stitchersanon said...

All sooo gorgeous. I am hanging my head in shame..I have so many finishes and very few finished. My sewing machine must feel it has been retired permenantly!

Sally said...

Happy belated anniversary to you both!

Your ornament finishes are so sweet and I love your challenge finished.

I'm hoping to get more done on my Spring SAL this week :)