A thief in the garden.....
A naughty little squirrel with attitude! He looks at you lifts his head nods and then continues to eat the birds food, the little rascal.
and a pair of jackdaws that have found a tasty treat this week too. So much for enticing more of the little birds into the garden....
Produce is growing and we've had the first harvest..... the first cucumbers from the greenhouse.
Broad beans from the allotment....
and lovely juicy strawberries, they were perfect with some icecream.
Lots more lovely sweet peas, the smell is wonderful.
I've been baking .... a little tea loaf to enjoy with a cuppa.
and someone else has been baking too. The Book Borrowers celebrated their 2nd birthday this week and we had a little party. A gentleman who comes along asked his wife to kindly make us a cake. she did a wonderful job and it was delicious.
Some crafting at the Craftshare group the last two Thursdays....
a notepad and pen holder in the shape of a little apron
and a felt corsage .....
Just a little stitching....
Y for yarrow and Z for Zinnia added to Elizabeth Designs Nature's Alphabet, my SAL with Gillie.
and two more filled in borders on Irish Garden
Postie came today and brought me a wonderful gift from a blogging friend, that deserves a post all of its own, so i'll take some snaps and show you that next time.
Hope all is well in your part of the world.
{{big hugs}} to friends who are going through some tough times at the moment.
Hello
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous garden photos and produce, it looks delicious!
Lovely stitching and the cakes look very tasty!
Pretty corsage too!
I love looking at blogs with garden photos.
Your blog is wonderful today... bountiful crop, looks so tasty too. Mmmm lots of yummy things here today! Beautiful stitching too.. coming along nicely :)
ReplyDeleteSmiles :)
aww such sweet veggies...yummy crops :)
ReplyDeleteyour stitching is looking so lovely too..
sweet hugs x
Another of your lovely post :) Yummy and tasty treats and great stitchy crosses!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! My strawberry crop is pathetic this year.
ReplyDeleteSo very close now on Nature's Alphabet.
Your garden looks wonderful and what lovely rewards you are having both edible and pretty flowers.
ReplyDeleteFantastic birthday cake - hope it tasted as good as it looked.
Your stitching is looking fabulous - won't be long before your alphabet is finished.
Mmmmmm.... your garden produce looks wonderful! And I love the Nature's Alphabet. Is that the end, or are there blocks that fill in the bottom. SO pretty!
ReplyDeleteTricia
Lovely stitching!! And, I always enjoy the flower/garden photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post Julie!
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching and great garden produce. I don't have any sweet peas this year so I'm quite envious of yours.
The book cake is awesome
A lovely post Julie, your garden looks very pretty :-)
ReplyDeleteJulie you are so blessed, enjoy every minute, what a wonderful garden and your stitching is also great. thanks for posting these lovely pictures. its always a pleasure to read your blog. sunny kisses from Rio, Alice
ReplyDeleteA simply lovely post, Julie! So many beautiful things in your garden--how wonderful to be able to grow your own strawberries. My husband just picked our first peas yesterday--always a treat to have fresh homegrown produce, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that sweet cake--how absolutely charming with that tiny bookwork :)
Looking forward to seeing the finish of your Nature's Alphabet--won't take long now!
What a lovely post Julie. That squirrel certainly looks cheeky!
ReplyDeleteI love nseeing sweet peas. Is that a Hornsea Pottery vase / jug you habe them in?
Your alphabet is looking gorgeous.
What a great post, it really gives a true flavour of England for our overseas friends.
ReplyDeleteThe cake is fantastic, I love the little bookworm.
I am feeling rather sad that Nature's Alphabet is almost finished, it's been such a lovely design to follow your progress.
Oh those veggies look lovely, I love Sweet peas, but unfortunately I haven't the time for my garden.
ReplyDeleteLovely new makes, and I must say that cake is just fabulous, that gent must be proud of his wife.
Oh wonderful Julie, all the small delights that a day offers. These little squirrels are just everywhere, aren't they. And they are so cute to look at.
ReplyDeleteYour vegetable garden offers some great produce. And your stitching progress is fantastic. Nature's Alphabet nearly finished!
What a great idea to bake this cake for the Book Borrowers. I'm sure it didn't last long, lol.
I love squirrels. They aren't a bit shy are they. :) Your garden looks like such a lovely place to spend time! It's nice to be able to grow your own fruits and vegetables. My husband plans a garden every year but never quite gets around to planting anything. :) What a creative cake ~ I bet it was delicious! Pretty stitching! Looks like you are almost done with Nature's Alphabet. :)
ReplyDeleteYour garden produce looks delicious, it's lovely to "grow your own" and then enjoy eating it. The alphabet is looking good - not much left to do which is a nice feeling. We currently have a really young squirrel visiting daily, I hope a cat doesn't get it.
ReplyDeleteA lovely post, Julie!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful garden you have!!
Hapy week!!
Lovely post!! Just full of great things.
ReplyDeleteHow I wish I had anything coming out of *my* garden. It's stubbornly chilly here and cloudy and nothing is growing. Even my cilantro died off. *sniff*
Great update. So many little pleasures that make us smile.
ReplyDeleteA lovely post, & what a delicious looking tea bread!
ReplyDelete