All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 27 June 2013

Made the move

Wimbledon fortnight and what a first few days it has been.

Wimbledon always means it's time for strawberries and cream, yum yum.  We have lots of plants at the allotment and a few in pots here at home.  I wandered down the garden yesterday to get the washing in after a lovely sunshiney day and we had a little bowlful ready for picking.


This variety are called cambridge, very sweet and delicious they were too.

Whoop whoop..... i've cut the hardanger square for the community centre box frame.  I always get in such a flap when i have to do this bit, do you?

All went well, no major disaster.  I guess i need more practice as i can see a few little tails.  It's been a long time since i did any hardanger.


The designs from Polstitches Designs called Starstruck. The link in their freebies to the chart is still there but doesn't work unfortunately.  It was the first hardanger design i ever stitched on a forum and was done in small weekly parts for us firstimers.  We had lots of encouragement and help and i was so pleased to learn how to do this.  It was much easier than i thought it would be and so very effective.  I hope if you want to learn you get the chance to give it a go.  It was great to restitch this lovely design.

My fabric was a piece of Sugar Maple 28ct lugana called Majestic, and the threads, Polstitches Magical Times in perle 8 & 12.  All of them have been sitting in my drawer for quite a while.

A little progress on CCN Santa Village this week too.  Mrs Claus has been building her cookie shop and was up on the roof last night adding tiles and making sure the chimney was swept clean!


July 1st sees the end of google reader as i am sure all of you are aware.  I've been waiting till the last minute and secretly hoping that they would have a change of heart and i could stick with reading blogs the way i have been doing, i dislike change and am not very good with technology.

It's got to be done - I saw a few of the blogs i read had gone over to 'feedy' but as i dont do facebook i have decided to go with 'bloglovin'.  I think i've imported them properly across and added the bloglovin button to the right sidebar for you to follow me if you would like to.  Another learning curve!



Please, if i don't comment on your blog in the next couple of weeks and you usually do get a comment from me, drop me a note, just in case i have made a total mess of it and done it all wrong and i will add your blog manually, i would hate to loose the blogging friends i have and miss your lovely crafting delights.




***a little message for Lesley at Unnumbered Stitches, i have been reading your new blog but am unable to comment, not sure if the settings are different to the old one, i had no problem leaving you a little note before. There is no email button to get in touch with you and you are a no-reply so cant let you know that way either. Thanks.

23 comments:

  1. Yummy strawberries, I'm having an overdose of these at the moment! :) Great stitching progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful strawberries , we are eating lots with creamy ice cream , yummy.
    Your stitching all looks fab you are clever friend, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing that compares to fresh strawberries straight from the garden!! Love your stitchy projects.
    Not a fan of reader going away ~ but your post did show up on my bloglovin reader, so I guess I imported everyone the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I stopped by today....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We decided to try strawberries in a hanging basket this year and they are yummy - trouble is there are not enough of them coming through at a time so next year its definitely more baskets lol.

    Lovely hardanger - I remember stitching that one way back and probably still have it somewhere.

    I do lots of hardanger but yep I still feel a bit apprehensive when I take the scissors to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just send a few down Miss Julie as it is one thing I can eat but no cream or icecream. Lovely piece of hardanger and I agree it is so scarey when you have the cutting bit to do. Oh dear I think the other half will have to help with the Bloglovin thing. If I disappear come and help!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely strawberries...till your poxy border terrier eats them all off the plants rofl. I love the stitching and would love to say well done regarding the I. T switch but I have absolutely no understanding of any of it rofl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely strawberries...
    Love your stitching projects ...
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a wild first week at Wimbledon to be sure. I've never tried hardanger - I would worry too much about the cutting part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Hardanger!
    Your stitching looks lovely.
    Yummy strawberries too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to be able to grow your own strawberries!Your hardanger piece came out beautifully! And great progress on your Santa's Village.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hardanger piece is so pretty! Nice progress on Santa's Village too. Your strawberries look delicious. We would love to try a garden again - had one a few years ago, but had too many woodland creatures eating out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love strawberries and wimbledon. A lovely finish. Great progress on Mrs Santa's house. I went over to bloglovin as well. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stitching, I hate also having to cut hardanger, never had one fail, but it is still a wobbly moment.
    TV is on here all the time for tennis, what a great start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum,British strawberries are the best,must be all the rain!
    Lovely piece of hardangerI,and great start on Mrs Claus

    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are not talking about Wimbledon in this house, we are VERY disappointed...
    Do love strawberries though
    Your Hardanger is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty hardanger. Yummy strawberries too. I've also gone to Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this time of year with all of the fresh fruit, too, Julie--your strawberries are probably even better since you grow them yourself!

    Pretty hardanger...

    Have a relaxing, stitch-filled weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your strawberries look yummy Julie, well done on the hardanger, it's beautiful.

    I'm very behind in blog world but hopefully all will be ok - I have a lot to learn after the summer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Strawberries, my favourite fruit! Every year I'm lookig forward to eating them. And this year I was searching for some strawberry patterns because I wanted to stitch some. Tomorrow I'll start.
    Although I don't do Facebook either I'm on Feedly and it's working perfectly. Even looks a bit like Google reader (good for me because I don't like getting used to these new things, lol).
    Your Hardanger piece looks fantastic. A great thread colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a perfect little bowl of strawberries. So much prettier than the ones you get at the regular food market. Also very pretty hardanger. :)

    I'm using Feedly........and getting used to it. *sniff* Change is hard. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julie - Don't know why you haven't been able to comment on my blog! I've changed some of the settings so hopefully it'll be easier now!

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful hardanger, love the colour you've chosen.
    I'm on Feedly too, it is quite like Reader
    The computer vestion is better than the iPad app though.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.