All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 1 July 2013

Reveal date for a couple of things

At the last NH get together in April, there was a book exchange and we were asked if we would like to take part in a bookmark exchange as a reminder of our time together.

We were all given a little card to write your favourite colour, flower and sweet/chocolate inside. You added your name and address and sealed the envelope.

Clare held onto the envelopes and we each had to pick one making sure you didn't pick your own! The envelope i opened had Diane's (no blog) details inside. Her favourite flower was the carnation and the colours she liked were pink and blue. Her chocolate treat was Kit Kat.

A search of old magazines and i came up with a lovely chart for the perfect carnation - World of Cross Stitching Oct 2004 Issue 89.  It was charted in blues but with a fondle in the thread box i came up with these bright pinks.  Fabric was just a piece of 14ct sky blue aida which after stitching on, i then sandwiched inbetween the aida and the backing fabric some vilene interfacing and sewed the running stitch border to hold them together.  Ironing the interfacing stiffened he whole thing and i could then cut around the edge with the pinking shears. Careful forethought and planning beforehand i cut the bottom edge and tucked in the ribbon before i sewed the bottom border).  I was really pleased with how it turned out but forgot to take a pic of the choccie and ribbons i added to the envelope.


Ours truly was an exchange as Diane had chosen my card and here's the lovely parcel she sent to me. Such a delicate and pretty bookmark.  Thank you Diane.  Turkish delight in chocolate is my weakness in the chocolate variety.


As the others are revealed it will be interesting to see if any of the others ladies actually had an exchange or if they all had differing partners.

Last Sunday in the month and that means its time to reveal this months challenge design chosen by Christine. La-d-da Rose free chart was the choice for June.

The saying is from the poem written by Gertrude Stein in 1913 called Sacred Emily and appreared in the 1922 book Geography and Plays.  It has also had reference in other books too.  In 'Thinks' by David Lodgee and also in Stephen Kings fantasy series The Dark Tower.


Perfect timing for this design for the month of June as i was looking for something to stitch as a little 'pass the gift' for the Book Borrowers birthday party game and this beauty fit the bill.  It was won by a crafting lady who was thrilled with it's simplicity.

The start of July today and i have big plans to definately get the last block of Shores stitched this month. It needs to be done if its to get to the framers ready for the horticultural show in September and talking of that, i really need to get started on the annual 'Best in Show' piece that i stitch and frame for the overall show winner to keep each year.

I need more stitching time in my day..... i can see you all nodding at that statement lol

 

24 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Hi Julie,
Lovely exchange. The book marks are so pretty. Turkish delight is my weakness too!

Mii Stitch said...

Great idea for the bookmark exchange! Lovely goodies xox

Barb said...

Now that is good to know a weakness. LOVE your bookmark and the instructions on how to achieve it . Really pretty one you received.Like the coaster too . I had not realised that about the quote ,what a nice touch to share. HUGS.

Karen said...

That was a great exchange. The directions on finishing the book mark are very handy, so thank you for that.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your bookmark is lovely! The exchange looks like a lot of fun!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a great idea for the exchange. I know what you mean about more stitching time, there's never enough:-)

meggie said...

A lovely exchange, I like Turkish Delight too!
Gorgeous coaster!

butterfly said...

Beautiful book mark and exchange, so pretty.

stitcheranon said...

OH I had forgotten how much I love Turkish delight as well..drool rofl. I love what you have stitched and a lovely exchange back! Just perfect!

Carol said...

Your blue bookmark for Diane is lovely, Julie--thanks for including the directions on how you finished it off, too. I've never made a bookmark, but have a couple of PS designs that would make great ones.

I have no idea what Turkish delight is! But, I love any kind of candy so I'm sure it's quite tasty.

Your Rose finish is lovely. I know I have that freebie tucked away somewhere :)

Happy July to you!

Cath said...

LOL, I often say I need more weeks in the day , but not many people "get it" .
Lovely bookmarks , but would have to pass on the Turkish delight YUK !

cucki said...

Sweet exchange ..bookmarks are so sweet dear x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love Turkish Delight too! I have a box of the rose and lemon every Christmas.

Your bookmark is lovely and so is the sweet coaster. Congrats on completing a NH Challenge!

Penny said...

Those bookmarks are so pretty - a lovely exchange! Love the Rose finish too! And I agree it would be wonderful to have a little additional stitching time in our day. :)

Christine said...

Great exchanges Julie, and your challenge finish is lovely

unnumberedstitches said...

Gorgeous bookmark Julie! I love the colours and your finishing is lovely!

PS. Niamh's just asked me to make her a mouse like the one in your blog header!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely exchanges. Your coaster is gorgeous.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great exchanges pieces Julie - I think this was an idea we'll do each meet up :)

Love your Rose finish too

Catherine said...

What a cute exchange ~ both bookmarks are just lovely!
Your coaster is sweet too!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great exchange!

DUSTY said...

Lovely bookmark and exchange Julie !!

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely exchanges. Your bookmark turned out perfect. :-)

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, I'm also nodding. At least one more hour a day would already be very helpful, lol.
A great idea, this bookmark exchnage. I also have a couple of stitched bookmarks, some of them stitched by me some of them are gifts. They are very dear to me and I regularly use them. Enjoy your bookmark.

Sally said...

Lovely exchange and I love your La D Da finish. So pretty.