All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

On the mend!

I should never have said that i was lucky to have escaped the cough/cold bug that i have seen so many bloggers suffering with.

I could have renamed one of my childrens all time favourite childrens books.....

 
Julie goes to the doctor
 
and she didn't like what she was told either ...... for the past 2 weeks i've been nursing a throat and ear infection, sinus and chest infection.

I'm feeling lot brighter now, but i have no stitching to share with you, i haven't pick up a needle for simply ages...... no parlour stitching, no stocking-a-long either.  I've missed the dealine for the monthly challenge this month too so that didn't get done either.

I can show you a couple of small things i finished before i was sick.

Isabelle celebrated her birthday on Sunday, she was 2 this time and i had already knitted her a topsy turvy dolly with 2 heads.  The pattern came from this Jean Greenhowe booklet.


Miss Pansy
 
 turns into Miss Rose

We bought her a wendy house for the garden, it was very PINK

 
It's even big enough for nanny's to play inside too!


My mum will be celebrating her birthday this weekend. Just a small something to add to her other birthday gift, this time i added a small stitched design to a mirror from framecraft.  I liked the muted colours of this scene, it made me think of the scottish highlands where my late maternal grandfather used to live, i hope mum likes it too.


I've been reading and finished the book i received from Maggie at the stitchers meet up last month. Me Before You was a fabulous book, i thoroughly enjoyed it. 2420 readers on amazon have given it 5 ***** and i agree with them.  There are so many recommendations from newspapers and magazines and individuals.  Not many books reduce me to tears, but the final chapters in this did.  I've passed it on to the ladies at the Book Borrowers and one has already read it, its now gone to a new home this week.  I can see this one being something we talk about a lot after they have all read it.  Thanks Maggie, Jojo Moyes is not someone i have read before, but i will certainly be trying more of her books.


Tonight is Parlour night stitching with the ladies at NH.  I've only got the bottom floral border on Little Hill to do, so am planning on having a finish this week.  It will be nice to have needle in hand again, i've missed it.

I see i have a couple of new followers, shouting a big WELCOME to you, it's nice to have new folks stop by and leave a comment.

See you soon with my Little Hill finish ....

23 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you've been so ill, Julie--hopefully the worst is behind you now and you can get back to your stitching...

I LOVE the little doll you made for Isabelle--just adorable!! And I'm sure the two of you will spend many happy hours having tea parties in her new playhouse :)

Thanks for the book recommendation--just put it on my "must read" list!

Take care now...

Parsley said...

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it. I hope you will be all better soon.

stitcheranon said...

I am so sorry you have been ill; take it easy for a little while. Love the topsy turvey doll: very cute. I used to love those books: the kids ones rofl. Happy memories xxx

cucki said...

oh dear...i hope you feel better soon..sweet doll..i have one too :)
big hugs x

Maggie said...

Glad you are on the mend Julie x

Happy belated 2nd birthday to isabelle! Love the pink house! I can see many tea parties being held in there over the summer :-)

So glad you enjoyed the book, i'm always a bit reluctant to recommend books really because they are so personal, but this one is so good i told everyone, lol. I have read a couple of her others but this is far and away her best, in my opinion anyway.

Speak soon x

Penny said...

Glad you are feeling better! What a sweet little doll and that pink house is adorable! Lovely gift for your mum too. I'm always looking for another book to add to my TBR list - this sounds like a good one! Take care!

Cath said...

Sorry to hear you've had the crud . hope you recover fully soon.
Love your finishes , and that doll is so cute , I love the idea of them.

* * * orangery - stitchery * * * said...

Glad you're feeling much better. You knitted a lovely miss Pansy little Isabelle is very lucky girl. , sunny kisses from Rio, Alice

Mylene said...

Hope you continue to feel better Julie.
Miss Pansy is so lovely, I am sure Isabelle loves it. Happy Birthday to Isabelle.

Catherine said...

So sorry you have been feeling so poorly ~ I'm glad you are on the mend! That topsy~turvy doll is absolutely adorable! And the house ~ the will be many fun hours spent in there, I'm sure! Sweet gift for your mum!

Lesley said...

Glad you are feeling better,no wonder no stitching got done.
Love the gift for your mum,pretty colours..misty looking.

Brigitte said...

So sorry to hear that you have felt so bad, hopefully it's getting better and better and you'll be back to your old self very soon.
Such a nice little doll for Isabelle and a wonderful stitched gift for your mother.

Chris said...

I think I had what you had a few weeks ago, so glad to read you feel a lot better..I love the topsy-turvy doll so pretty, clever you.
I too loved 'Me Before You'A lovely but sad story, you might like Patrick Gayles book 'A Perfectly Good Gentleman,' which is a similar theme and he when he came to talk at the Essex Book Festival recommended Jojo Moyes's book.
Take care Julie
Love and Blessings
Isabelle 2! Wow, where did those years go???

Mii Stitch said...

Love that little doll! So sweet & clever! :D Hope you'll get better soon x

Barb said...

Well Julie you must have one really excited Isabelle on your hands ,super dolly and a house to play with Nanny in.I can see some fun times ahead.
So pleased to hear you are feeling a little more like Miss Julie.
Nice gift for Mum .
Take care sweetie.

unnumberedstitches said...

Sounds like you've been having a rough time, Julie. Glad you're getting over it all now and hope all clears up quickly.

Love Isabelle's doll and it looks like the two of you had great fun playing in her wendy house!

Lesleyanne said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Julie. Gorgeous topsy turvey doll and wendy house for your grand daughter.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a clever little doll, such a great gift to give. I'm sorry you've not been well, it's not much fun when something drags on and on. I love seeing book ideas on blogs as I'm always looking for new authors to read. The book I am currently reading was mentioned on another stitcher's blog.

Melanie said...

Hope you are feeling a little better!!!!
The knitted doll is just adorable. I had one of those when I was a kid - a store bought one - and it wasn't half as cute as yours.
Will definitely have to put that author on my to-read list. :)

Tina said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Julie,Happy Birthday to Isabelle,bet she has loads of fun in her house and playing with her dolly.
Love the gift you stitched for your mom,beautiful colours,will look out for the book
Xxxxx

Clare - Aimetu said...

I love the topsy turvy doll, I remember those from my childhood. Great to see you're better too.

I have followed your site - well I have been for ages but I think I have now pressed the button to say so - I'm going to try to do the followers for my blog too if I can work it out heehee

Sally said...

I can't believe Isabelle is 2 already! Where did the time go? Love the topsy turvey doll!

Glad you are on the mend. It sounds like you've had a very rough time. Take good care of yourself.

Love the gift you stitched for your Mum.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Julie sorry to hear you've been so ill! I hope you're back to your normals self soon and stitching/knitting up a storm!