All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Finishes, WIP's and other stuff

Good Saturday afternoon to you all.......
 
Do you have a nice weekend planned? Or like me are you catching up with things that need attention and planning some rest and relaxation time. 
 
We've had a busy few weeks so this weekend it's going to be calm and relaxed for us. 
 
Hubby's been in the garden this morning, the camelia is blooming very late this year but he's had to dive into the greenhouse and potter in there, rain stopped play outside.
 
 
I've been playing with my new food mixer and baked a nice cherry cake for us to enjoy at teatime. 
 
 
Finishes ....
My SIL loves a handmade gift and this year i was getting stuck for ideas, she's had so many different things over the past 20 years.  We bought her some lovely mugs from the Victoria and Albert collection and i thought these coasters would make the perfect addition to the parcel.  The design is a very old freebie from Just Nan called Whimzi Rose (i don't think its available any more).

 
 
North Pole Post Office, the third in the CCN Santa's Village had the final stitch added

 
A little crochet baby blanket for a friend at the Book Borrowers. Her new grandaughter was due yesterday.  I'm awaiting a phone message to say she has arrived. It's such an exciting time waiting for a little one to make an appearance into the world isn't it.

 
WIP's....
LHN Little House is growing, there's only the bottom border to add to that now.  Next Wednesdays SAL with Barb and the ladies at Needlecraft Haven will see that finished i think and then the chart will be off to a new home.

 
Friday was the stocking-a-long and i made great progress this week on Nativity Stocking.   

 
New stash...
Postie has brought me something different.  Ursh was very naughty at the meet up last month when we were admiring a lovely tassel ornament that had been made, she made me encouraged me to buy this.  I've never done any beading at all before so this will be a first.  Lindsay, you might be getting lots of emails shouting for help!!
 
 
I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever plans you have for it.
 
Take care, love and {hugs}
Julie x

 

25 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Your cake looks yummy - well done new mixer :-) you'll love doing the beading, it's very theraputic but addictive!!

stitcheranon said...

Wow is all I can say: so many finishes...absolutely perfect every one. The coasters are lovely and will match the cups perfectly..and yes please, I would like a slice with my tea ;-)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Beautiful stitchy and crochet finishes! Your WIPs look like they're coming along nicely, too. Those little Mill Hill kits are a lot of fun--I'm sure you won't have any trouble at all.

gracie said...

A beautiful bloom....and lovely stitching. Save me piece of cake!

cucki said...

so sweet..lovely stitching and yunmmy cake..
big hugs x

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What beautiful stitching and crocheting, Julie! Your stocking is just coming along beautifully. I've so enjoyed watching it grow through your updates. And I long your Little House on a Hill. Especially the sheep in the front yard! I need to add this to my "do someday" list!

Hope you get some relaxing in this weekend!

Tricia

Tina said...

The stocking looks fab Julie,great wips too.love the coasters such a pretty design and so useful too.the camellia is looking very pretty wish I could grow them and as for the cake....I'm on my way over,cherry is my favourite x

Maggie said...

Ooooooh can i come for tea your cake looks yummy :-)

Love beaded ornament, i'm sure you will manage it fine and it will look great :-)

Been sunshine and heavy showers here today too today and quite cool too, hopefully it will change next week.

Have a good one x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm impressed with your creative output - the cake looks lovely too. I look forward to seeing how you go with the beading, I've looked at those kits but two naughty young cats don't go well with beading. Your camellia is a beautiful shade of pink - we have a red one but it's not looking too good - I think it's the cold weather that's caused it to fail a little.

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes & yummy looking cake!! Keep me a slice!! :D

Carol said...

Such a soft and pretty shade of pink in that camelia, Julie... And your baby blanket is adorable--you certainly whipped that one up quickly :) That LHN WIP is so cute--love it more each time I see your progress...

Enjoy your week, Julie :)

Lesleyanne said...

Looks like you have been very busy. Lovely finishes. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

butterfly said...

Lovely post Julie so much to look at Love all your stitching ,your cake looks yummy and so does your flowers. Enjoy your Sunday .

Linda said...

Mmm lovely looking cake - I'll have a cup of tea to go with mine please!

Beautiful stitching, everything is coming along really well.

Good luck with the tassel ornament which will look very pretty.

Enjoy your blog catch up - I've managed to get some stitching done this afternoon - hope to get some more done this evening.

Carin said...

Ohhh I love the camelia and your cake looks very yummy !!

The coasters are so beautiful made. You are going fast with your santa's village, I still have to make that from last month... too busy with the quilting :-)

Christine said...

Great stitching and crochet Julie, and the cake looks delicious

Brigitte said...

Cherry cake is my absolute favourite - no matter what cake it is as long as there are cherries in it, lol.
Great finishes indeed. I'm sure the coasters will be highly appreciated together with the mugs. And the little blanket is so sweet.
Nice progress pictures of your WIPs.

Parsley said...

Beautiful stitches, as always! I need to stitch FASTER so I can start new projects.

Lindsay said...

Save me a piece of the cake :)

Love the coasters and you know I'll help you if you need it but I doubt you will

Barb said...

Hello friend of mine, waving from here . Oh what lots of lovely pics to look at. Cake yummy I bet. Blanket is so sweet ,you are so clever. Like the ornie good luck with it , I wish I could still bead . Your stitching is so lovely as one person said simply perfect ,just like you!!
Hugs to you from me.

Chris said...

That cake looks yummy, cherry cake is one of my favourites..and super stitching and I will be popping back to see that tassels progress. The crochet blanket is pretty I like the flowers on it..
Lots of lovely things on this post.
Happy Days for you
Chris xx

* * * orangery - stitchery * * * said...

Wow so much different projects and the cake looks delicious.
I found you through Buterfly wings' blog.
Your stitching is lovely.
Happy weekend. Sunny kisses from Rio.

Stitchingranny said...

what a lovely idea to make coasters to match the mugs you bought for your sil.
I look forward to seeing what your beaded tassel is like and how you progress with this one Julie. The only beading I have done has been odd beads of stitching projects.

Parsley said...

That cake looks YUMMY! I'd love a piece with my cuppa.

Well done on your projects. You have been very busy. I am very behind at working on Santa's Village but I'm stitching other items for now.

Sally said...

Lovely stitching and crocheting Julie. Those coasters are so pretty. Love how your Santa's Village is looking.

Oooh I'm coming for a slice of that yummy looking cake!

Your Camelia is looking so pretty. I hope this cold weather we're having doesn't affect it.