All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Monthly Challenge reveal time


Firstly, i'd  like to thank you all for your anniversary wishes for myself and DH.

He arrived home from work on the day with these beauties. The freesia is my all time favourite flower, i love the delicate flowers and the aroma is just devine, you can smell it as soon as you walk into the room.

Today was the reveal for the monthly challenge at NH. This month Christine chose the lovely design from Threadwork Primitives called Valentine.  I changed the date to the year DH and i met and gave my little finish to him for our wedding anniversary. He loves it and it is now hanging his side of the bed... bless him.  You can see the other finishes in the album here.


Santas Village was out for Parlour night on Wednesday and as i put it away after my evenings stitching there was such a little bit to finish it off. It came out again last night and i added the final stitch and i'm all ready to start Poinsetta House next time.


Friday evening is stocking-a-long with Linda and Catherine. We have a new stitcher joining us Riona, welcome to the group Riona.  I'm looking forward to seeing which project you are stitching. 

If you have a Christmas stocking in your stash that needs starting, maybe its a WIP or a UFO that you would like to have finished for this holiday season, you are most welcome to join us Friday evenings.

This week a cow arrived to see if she could join the nativity.  She looks just like she is asking the sheep and the wise men if she can be part of their little group. It did make me smile to look at it when i took it off the frame.  What do you think she might be saying to them? So many possibilities (good and naughty) lol.


Shores has had the most attention this week and its paid off.  Block 9 is now complete... yippee!!


It's really looking great now and with only 3 blocks left the end is in sight, maybe i'll get it completed in time to enter into this years Horticultural show in September? That would be good.


Did you have a productive week of crafting?  I'm off for a blog reading catch up to see what lovelies you have all been working on since i visited you last.  There's bound to be lots of lovely finishes and works in progress for me to ooooh and aaaah at.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend spent with those you love.




 
 
 

16 comments:

stitcheranon said...

Well, you have put me to shame. I havent even picked up a needle this week...Hopefully I will make up for it this week. I love all your projects, they are fantastic and the cow is very cute...it is almost a shame to add to it lol

Mii Stitch said...

Hi Julie, lovely bouquet of freesia you've got there! Love Santas Village too, it's looking so sweet :)

Kate said...

Love those freesia Julie, they are also my favourite. Great finish on the monthly challenge and a lovely anniversary gift for your DH. Perhaps the cow is asking the group to moooove over - sorry that was awful. Shores is looking fabulous.

butterfly said...

Lovely flower's Julie I can almost smell them from here.Looks like you have been busy with your stitching all looks beautiful, hugs.

cucki said...

Hi dear lovely bouquet of flowers... Love Santas Village too, it's looking so sweet..and your other projects are so cuteeee..
hugs x

Maggie said...

You've had another great productive week Julie! Shores is looking good and you will have it stitched up in no time now!. cute Valentine finish too :-)

I might join you if i may on stocking stitching Friday, i caved in and ordered one last week!! You can keep me on track with it, lol.

Have a great week x

(Beautiful flowers from DH btw)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Freesias do smell divine but you need plenty for a nice display, looks like you got a good bunch!
The cow is saying "quack" she's learning a foreign language. That's one of the jokes I tell my son.
Good luck with the stocking SAL.

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely flowers and your gift to him is lovely :)

Sue said...

I love the smell of fresias too always reminds me of being bridesmaid to my sister over fifty years ago. Love all the stitching, especially santas house, can't wait to see the next one .....x

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finishes, they all look gorgeous. Great progress on your stocking. Beautiful flowers the smell is heavenly.

Christine said...

I love freesias too. I tried growing them in the garden once but they didn't take.
Lovely stitching, shores is looking wonderful

Carin said...

Freesia's are my favorite too !! I love the stitching you have done. Your santa's house is beautiful ... I'm busy with the north pole post office and hope to finish it this week.

Barb said...

Julie you are doing so well at the moment and I see you are reading the book I mentioned a while ago.What do you think?
Love your shores. I had freesias in my wedding bouquet but since working in a florists I have lost my sense of smell for them ,which is a great shame as I used to love their scent. Hope they last a nice long time for you. The little cushion you did is just soooo sweet.

Parsley said...

Lovely spring flowers. Makes me wish for warmer days.

You have many wonderful starts. I need to get stitching today!

Carol said...

Wow! You really did have a productive week, Julie--just love that newest block you finished on Shores. What a beauty you'll have when you're all done!

Such lovely flowers from your husband--I'll bet it filled your house with spring :) I'm more than ready for some bright spring flowers myself!!

riona said...

I have added your blog to my reading list and will look forward to the fortnightly display of stocking progress. But, be assured, now that I've visited and seen all your lovely stitching, I shall certainly be visiting frequently.