All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 14 January 2013

Walking in a winter wonderland

Today we woke to a covering of snow, and so pretty it looked too.

I had to venture out in it and stopped off to enjoy some playtime in the snow with a certain little lady. She loved it, and was not happy when mummy decided she had better go inside.


The scene from my conservatory made the perfect backdrop for my latest stitching finish. LHN's Blue House in Winter from the JCS 2012 Ornament Edition has been my Parlour evening stitching for the past 2 weeks with Barb the ladies at NH.  It's also doubled up as my ornament for the month... organised or what! lol.  I've joined a SAL for Santas Village so as soon as i get my fabric organised and the first chart arrives with me i shall be doing those for my Wednesday evening stitching.


No other stitching has been happening, knitting pins have been out instead. A friend who i met some 18 years ago at an adult education class (and still keep in contact with, we meet up 3 or 4 times a year for a coffee and a catch up) will be celebrating her 65th birthday next month.  I decided that one of my little bunnys would make a nice gift for her milestone birthday. Yes, i am still knitting these little characters.


February 1st will see the start of another SAL for me too. Friday evenings is to be the Christmas Stocking-A-Long evening with online stitchers/bloggers Linda and Catherine. I'll be making Isabelle a stitched stocking all ready for next Christmas....forward planning again. I figured, that if i have one evening a week and start early, there is a good chance that it will be completed in time.  I'm just waiting for my chosen design to arrive from a well known online supplier.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, we had a nice quiet one catching up on some errands and other household things that needed doing after the holidays.

Till the next time .... stay safe in the snow UK folks, i hear there is more on the way....









27 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Awww, that little rabbit is sooo cute!

valerie said...

Wonderful ornie finish! And your friend will love the birthday bunny. They are so cute! Stay warm!

gracie said...

Nice stitching and finish...cute bunny and little lady too!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Slushy snow -- how fun and so pretty! Great job on the LHN finish. It will be fun to see your SAL progress, too!

Tricia

stitcheranon said...

I like looking at snow...on other peoples blogs lol. The finish is just gorgeous;PERFECT...I love how the fabric matches it so well. Your bunny is gorgeous. I still have the one you made me by my bed xxx It is very special to me and came with me to hospital. I say it; I mean Martha lol xxx

cucki said...

Aww cute finish and sweet stitching..I love snow so much..
Sweet baby xx

Sue said...

Lovely finish Julie and a cute birthday bunny. We went out at lunch to thick snow and came back home in the sunshine...x

Kate said...

Gorgeous ornament and such a cute bunny too. I wish I was as organised as you - great planning.

Ranae said...

That little cutie is getting soooo big
Pretty ornament
The bunny in pink for your friend is adorable
I wish we would get a measurable amount of snow, lol
Take care

Maggie said...

Awww Isabelle looks so cute in her snow suit :-) We had a sprinkling of snow too this morning, took me 3 times longer than usual to get to work - You know what it's like when we have just a little bit of snow, lol.

Love the way you finished your Christmas ornament, and the little bunny is too cute!

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas stocking start, i had thought of doing one too, for Oliver but i've been so slow stitching lately and they all look a little daunting!

Have a good week x

Linda said...

Gorgeous photos. I'm always envious of people who have snow - we so rarely see it this far down South. Beautiful stitching and knitting, such a sweet bunny.

Mary Ann said...

Julie, your little sweetie looks so cute in her snow outfit, and she looks like she is having such a good time!

Lovely ornament, and such a sweet bunny!!

Christine said...

Isabelle looks as if she loves the snow. It has missed us so far, we just have rain :(
I love your ornament finish and the birthday bunny is adorable.
How many bunnies is that now?
Blossom is sitting on top of my computer desk as I type

Shari said...

how fun to play in the snow with your sweet grandbaby! and oh the bunny is so sweet...your friend will love her!
woohoo on multi tasking our finish!! I do the same!!!! It looks adorable!

Barb said...

Love the little lady trudging through the snow, she is just so yummy. The ornie is fab and love the fabric you teamed it up with. Aww how sweet is the bunny , my little family sit on the window sill near my chair. Seymore has given up shouting at me, I think he is a little hoarse.
Good luck with the stocking and we will see you tomorrow.

Carol said...

How cute Isabelle looks in her pink snowsuit!! I am still amazed at how quickly she is growing up, Julie--I'll bet you wish you could keep her tiny for a while longer...

Love your blue house finish--I should make a point of stitching that myself since I'm such a blue lover :) And your sweet bunny is adorable--love the way you've personalized it for your friend's 65th birthday milestone!

Enjoy your snow--ours has all melted here :(

Parsley said...

Love your finished pillow with the perfect fabric!

Penny said...

Your little girl looks so sweet all bundled up for the snow. :) Lovely finish on Blue House in Winter! And that bunny is so cute - I'm always envious of people who can knit. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Love seeing what your little granddaughter is up to!

What a great bunny! I still love my Matilda!!!

Great finish... hmmm a stocking SAL eh?

Mylene said...

Cute little lady is growing up fast!
What a lovely bunny as well as your ornament.

Melanie said...

She is so adorable in that pink snowsuit and stripey hat. Looking mighty stylish I must say.
Love the new finish and bunny. NEVER get tired of seeing your little bunnies. :)

Catherine said...

Cute picture of Isabelle!
Great finish and adorable bunny!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your ornie and your little one in the snow!

Kathy Ellen said...

What an adorable 'little lady', all dressed in her pink snowsuit for a venture out in the snow.

Wonderful finish of the LHN 'Blue House', with the perfect backdrop of a snowy day.

Your dear friend is sure to love the sweet little bunny you knit for her too.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend, Julie. Keep warm with all of that snow!

Meg said...

Hello

Just found you!

Your finish looks lovely against the snow!

Your little girls looks so sweet all wrapped up!
Happy stitching!

Carin said...

What a great finish on the Blue house !! And that bunny is so cute !

Heidi Kuijer said...

Love your ornament and yes...the view is perfect for it. :-)

I agree about knitting during this winter weather. I am loving feeling my yarn as I crochet since it is so cold outside. That bunny is so sweet and I am sure your friend will love it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Mr. Rose-In-Bloom and are passing it around your reading circle. I am going to post another book review this week and it is a fabulous book I would again recommend to you. I hope to post it later today.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi