All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

First finish of 2013


The dictionary defines finish as "bring (a task or activity) to an end; complete" so technically this is not a finish.  My husband referred to it as a 'travelling work in progress' which i thought sounded really nice.

For me though it definately is my 1st finish as my part is completed and i've sent it on it's way to Angi (no blog).


It is of course Tina's Speciality Stitches Round Robin. We started these back in September but there was no posting at all in December as we didn't want any problems with the Christmas postal service and them getting lost.

Three bands are to be added by each stitcher. Tina is a good friend of mine, we get together at the regular meet ups and she has also been to visit me at home a couple of times. After looking at what everyone else had added, I decided i wanted to incorporate a couple of rhodes hearts into my bands. They are a little large so i had to design a little piece that i thought would look nice and made my 3 bands into a smaller type of block of it's own.

The speciality stitches incorporated into my part are square eyelets, divided round eyelets, smyrna, rhodes hearts and tied windmills.  I hope you like it Tina.

I wonder what mine is looking like now?

24 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

It's a very pretty sampler! Well done :)

cucki said...

Wow it is looking so pretty,.hugs x

missy said...

Beautiful stitching.

Barb said...

Just so special a thought for Tina, I am sure she will be thrilled. How pretty it is ,well done Julie.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous RR. The band's you've added are beautiful.

Kate said...

Lovely addition Julie

Tina said...

Love your bands Julie,it's looking so pretty I'm really enjoying this Rr

Xx

Carol said...

Oh, Tina will be thrilled with her band sampler's progress. Your additions are wonderful, Julie!

McKenna C. said...

It's beautiful! I have no idea how to any specialty stitches.

~McKenna

Lesleyanne said...

Looks lovely. I am sure Tina will be thrilled.

stitcheranon said...

Very pretty. A great first finish xxx

Mary Ann said...

Your additions to Tina's band sampler are wonderful!!

Casa Pearl said...

I love your band and stitch choices and I'm sure Tina will too. I look forward to seeing yours once it's back home to you again.

Penny said...

Lovely stitching on a beautiful piece! :)

butterfly said...

Love all the rows of stitching ,so pretty.

Christine said...

That is beautiful Julie

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful RR and a great first "finish" for this year!

Mylene said...

It is looking beautiful!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I count my portion of RRs as a finish. If you stitched a block on a Mira RR that would be a finish so why not the bands on this very pretty sampler?

Kathy Ellen said...

How beautiful, Julie! Such a lovely piece, and how nice to be stitching it with your friends:)

Blessings in Stitches & Friendship!

Melanie said...

It's very pretty, 'finish' or not. :)

Erica said...

It is so lovely and delicate.
I am sure she will love it!

Lesley said...

Your finish is so pretty.A great start to 2013

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Julie, this is so pretty! I always love a fair amount of specialty stitches on a piece. What a wonderful idea for a RR.