Did you all have a lovely halloween? No celebrations here although there were lots of children out and about dressed up which i passed on my way to the stitching club. The weather wasn't kind to them though, we had the most horrendous downpour.
Last night there were firework celebrations here in the UK for Bonfire Night in honour of Guy Fawkes, lots of loud bangs and lovely air displays. DH and i were home to keep an eye on Midge. He is not a fan of this time of year and likes to be curled up on your knee nice and safe. I hope all those that were out enjoying the bonfires and the goodies that go with it had a lovely time.
Wednesday was the parlour night with Barb and the ladies at NH and i put the final stitch into my Daisy Lane Cottage this week. I found the perfect frame for it and just love how it's turned out. Just need to find another design in my stash to join the ladies next week. There are some really lovely projects being stitched in this SAL.
Last Sunday was reveal day for the October challenge. A lovely design by Carmela at Balades et Broderie was chosen by Christine. Only a couple of finishes in the album this month, its getting to that time of the year when everyone is so busy with secret Christmas stitching and exchange stitching going on.
I've started the final block for my RR...
and added the border to the block that Lynn didn't have time to finish.
Saturday night is Strictly UFO night at NH, a chance to sit and stitch on a UFO project whilst watching Strictly Come Dancing. Shores is not officially a UFO for me but its been on the frame for a long time, and as i only have one UFO (a HAED design) i decided to take the opportunity of making some progress on this biggie. Block 8 is growing nicely.
My thoughts are with those who are across the pond and have been themselves, or know others who have been affected by Sandy, so sad.
Take care all
Lovely little progress Julie!!! Love the Christmas ornament, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteGreat stitching Julie. I love the Daisy Cottage finish.
ReplyDeleteHope DH is feeling better soon
Hope your DH is feeling better soon. Lovely stitching.
ReplyDeletei hope your DH feels better soon..
ReplyDeletebeautiful stitching xx
Lovely finishes JUlie,love the ornie!
ReplyDeleteHope DH feels better soon,looking forward to seeing you next Monday xx
Tina
I hope your husband starts to feel better soon. Hopefully the hospital tests will show up nothing serious.
ReplyDeleteyour stitching is looking lovely :)
Wow, you've been busy. Love your little cottage finish, it's so sweet.
ReplyDeleteHope your DH gets good results on his tests and feels better soon
Lovely stitching. The Christmas ornie is very cute. I hope your hubby gets better soon xxx Take care and look after yourself
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching Julie. Hope your DH is feeling better soon. Take care .XXX
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching Julie - great finishes x x x
ReplyDeleteLove the little cottage Julie, and the frame suits it perfectly :-)
ReplyDeleteHalloween was a bit of a wash-out here too, not many children around, but i too had stitching club so might have missed then.
Sorry you DH is not well, i hope he starts to improve soon.
Take care x
lovely stitching, hope your husband recovers soon, as for strictly is the only program that i sit and watch and dont pick up a needle i love it, Fern was rubbish again this week though
ReplyDeleteGreat stitching! I refused to stitch the October freebie as I was still doing Hallowe'en! I will do it this month, I promise, don't want to break my record.
ReplyDeleteDo you think Christine will give out 100% attendance certificates?
Oh Julie just love the ornie you did , I am going to make a resolution to do the challenges next year!
ReplyDeleteHope DH is feeling a little better and you too ,your friends will understand how you feel about being on the computer at the moment. Just take care of you both and we shall speak again soon.
HUGS.
Hope the DH feels better soon!!!!!!! :(
ReplyDeleteI love your finishes, especially Daisy Lane Cottage, and wonderful stitching progress on the other pieces. I do hope your DH is feeling better soon. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Christmas ornament and the frame for DLC is perfect! I've kept my eyes open for a frame like that so now there is proof they exist! :D
ReplyDeleteDaisy Lane Cottage is beautiful Julie. What's next for you in the parlour?
ReplyDeleteLovely ornament finish and Shores is coming along nicely as is your RR.
I do hope your DH is feeling much better soon {{{{hugs}}}}
So sorry to hear that your husband isn't feeling well, Julie--do hope he gets some answers soon.
ReplyDeleteLove the little Christmas ornament finish--I stitched that one this year, too and it is one of my favorites! Nice frame find--your cottage finish is perfect for it :)
Hopefully your husband will be feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteWow Julie this post is more than a quick flyby look at all of the wonderful stuff you've been up to!
ReplyDelete