All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Goodbye July & Hello August

There goes another month and the stitching plans for July just did not happen. Not a stitch went into Shores and there was no monthly Christmas ornament either, oh dear.

Needle has been put to fabric this past week. Must admit though it was just a little. So, at last, some stitching photos to share.

It's time for the RR to fly again and this time i stitched on Dusty's. She chose to have Christmas ornments for her tree. The holly wreath with the golden bells was my choice from the designs she marked a preference for.

It really is very colourful and beautiful and her tree will be so lovely with the 6 ornaments from this Round Robin on it at Christmastime. It was a clever choice and something i hadn't thought of doing before in a RR.


With time marching on the Sampler for the winner of the Best in Show at our horticultural show in September had it's final stitch added too, it just needs to be fitted into it's frame ready for the big day.


I am telling you if this was my school report, the teacher would have written .... 'must try harder, could do better, easily distracted recently' LOL

What's the big distraction? It's the Book Borrowers group. I am loving having my nose in a book and discussing it each week at the group. The english teacher comment for this would be so different though. I might just be the teachers pet ... 'Julie has improved her reading skills and is making good progress on her reading list this year' and i might just get an A grade as i have read 4 books since my last post just over 2 weeks ago. That is an all time record for me as i always said i was a very slow reader.

Ok, you all want to know what i have read don't you.

Last post i showed you A Tangled Summer by Caroline Kington, a family story that was very enjoyable and some turns in the story that i didn't see coming. Angels in My Hair by Lorna Byrne was the next one, that was an unexpected choice as i had another book lined up but it kind of jumped off the bookshelf at me asking to be read and i read it in just a couple days. A true story about an irish mystic and her life, another very good read.

The saga of dear Agatha Raisin continues and one of the ladies managed to locate the next 2 books in the series. Book 3 The Potted Gardener and Book 4 The Walkers of Dembley were picked up at a car boot sale. I am so loving Agatha and her ways and she is a great topic of conversation at the group each week. We are all becomming Agatha stalkers and i have even treated myself to the Agatha Raisin companion book that i saw when out last week.




We are desperately trying to decide who out the actresses we know would play the part of Agatha. In the BBC radio 4 plays (which are not the same as the book and have been adapted for radio and changed a little and in my opinion no where near as funny and good) she is played by Penelope Keith but she just doesn't seem right some how. For those who know Agatha, who would you choose to play the part?

oh yes, and what teacher comment would be on your stitching report for July??

I celebrated my birthday on Monday this week and was totaly spoilt by stitching friends i have come to know over the past few years, i've taken pics but this post seems to have gotten quite long so i'll show you those over the weekend. I'm a little behind with blog reading too, sorry.

Hope all is well with you all and thank you for taking time to drop in here, i do appreciate each and every visit and comment.

Much love

x

10 comments:

cucki said...

Aww beautiful stitching..love it so much..
Love the new book :)
Hugs xxx

stitcheranon said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday; happy birthday! Great stitching: I like Agatha but do think some of the writing is a little lazy: how can such an intricate character react to stress with ' sod off' lol. Still, they are strangely addictive lol. No Penelope isnt right: no way has she come from a birmingham estate lol. Not sure who I would put in there though...Anyway, a lovely post xxx Thank you

Daffycat said...

Lovely stitching, Julie, bTW I love the apple in your blog header photo -adorable!

Happy birthday! Many happy returns of the day!

Lesleyanne said...

I LOVE Agatha, not sure who I would have play her I will have to give it some thought. My stitching mojo is a bit intermittent at the moment too. Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a great day.

Clare - Aimetu said...

There's nothing wrong with reaing a book - I use audio books sometimes so I can stitch and 'read ' -great stitching too

Christine said...

Great finish on the Best in Show sampler.
I'm afraid my needlework teacher might say "Who?" I don't think she's seen me for some time...

Sally said...

Lovely stitching Julie. Every little bit counts :)

I think it's nice to read books. I should do it more often as I have loads to read on my book shelf.

Gillie said...

Love Agatha and no definitely not dear Penelope! Far too posh. How about Patricia Routledge, forget Hyacinth for a minute!

Was so sad to hear of Maeve Binchy's death, an author who has really given us such good stories. Like the idea of Christmas ornaments, was thinking about that for my next on.

Hope the needle get picked up a bit more often in the next few weeks!

Chris said...

Lovely RR for Dusty, yes what a good choice.. and nothing wrong with reading my favourite past time.. I read all the time, I think because when I was young and no TV, I lived inside a book. Oh how I wished to be with George, Julian,Dick,Anne and Timmy in those Famous Five books!
Happy Days Chris xx

Melanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!