Saturday, 14 July 2012
Summer Postcard Blog Hop
I'm playing along with Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.
Instructions were easy, send her a pic of something you stitched that shouts out summer to you and enclose a little postcard message. She will send off the pics at intervals to different bloggers and we all get to meet new bloggers and see their stunning work, simple, but a great idea. I decided i wanted to join in and duly sent off my design. It's not too late to join, pop over to Jo's blog to find out all about it.
I opened my emails today and i've received a lovely postcard from Pat at The Southpaw Stitcher.
Pat's messasge reads ....
"Even if it's not summer where you are, just close your eyes and imagine the warm sun, gentle breezes and maybe a gull or two to help you build your sand castle. Wish you were here.
Hope your summer is fantastic.
Perfect Summer stitching Pat, i could do with a lovely day a the beach and some nice warm sunshine. I'm going to have a lovely read of your blog Pat and enjoy 'meeting you'.
Thank you Jo for organising this.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Another email that arrived this week was from McKenna at Chic Crafting telling me that i had been tagged.
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
3. Come up with 11 new questions
4. Tag 11 people and link to them in your post
5. Let them know you tagged them so they can answer the new questions
McKenna's 11 questions :-
1. What time of day do you prefer to stitch?
McKenna: Anytime after dinner
Julie - Evenings, I dont usually stitch in the daytime except at weekends
2. Three favourite colours? McKenna: Green, Blue, and Purple
Julie - Green, pink and purple
3. Do you have a sweet tooth?
McKenna: Try sweet TEETH
Julie - Chocolate mainly and i can never resist a dessert, so i guess that's a yes
4. Do you stitch for charity?
McKenna: Yes, I stitch for World of Charity Stitching
Julie - Not at the moment
5. Aida, Linen, or Evenweave?
McKenna: Aida (I've never used linen or evenweave)
Julie - Evenweave, i will use linen but it can be stiff, not an aida stitcher anymore
6. What month is your birthday in?
Julie - July
7. Do you like to cook?
McKenna: I LOVE to!!
Julie - Yes
8. How long have you been blogging?
McKenna: Almost 1 year
Julie - My first blog post was end of December 2006
9. Who taught you to cross stitch?
McKenna: My mother
Julie - I first tried it at school in a sewing class
10. Favourite flower? McKenna: Rose
Julie - I like all flowers and always have fresh seasonal ones in my home, but my favourite is the freesia
11. Have you ever soiled the cloth you're stitching on?
McKenna: I dropped a dried cranberry in the bag that held Teddy Tea Party, and now there's a little red stain in the very bottom corner of the aida.
Julie - Yes, chocolate has a lot to answer for and i once dropped a flourescent marker onto a project when i was crossing off the chart, luckily it was yellow and i could stitch over the blob of ink so it didn't show in the finished piece
It's really hard to choose just 11 people and a lot of bloggers have already done this so if you wish to have a go or just want to do another time then....
Here are my 11 questions :-
1. What's the smallest count of fabric you have ever worked on?
Julie - 40ct - stitched a small ornament, only once though
2. Do you stitch gifts to give away to family and friends?
Julie - Yes always
3. Do you have a favourite needle that you just have to stitch with, because it just fits your fingers perfectly and stitches much better than others?
Julie - Yes, sad i know!
4. What other crafts do you enjoy apart from stitching?
Julie - Knitting and crochet
5. What's your worst disaster with a piece of stitching?
Julie - Cutting a piece of fabric too small for the design and not realising till its halfway stitched - lesson learnt the hard way - measure, measure and measure again.
6. Have you ever met up with stitching blogging friends in person?
Julie - Yes, twice a year regularly with stitchers from across the UK and from the Needlecraft Haven forum.
7. Have you ever thrown away a piece of stitching/knitting/crochet that you just couldn't carry on with?
Julie - Yes
8. Do you sell or giveaway charts etc that you have finished with?
Julie - Give them away
9. Do you have a long wish list of charts you would like?
Julie - No, i tend now to only buy things that i am going to stitch straight away, i have lots of things in my stash that i would love still to stitch that i have acquired over the years. There are only 2 things on my wish list - Elizabeth Designs - Natures Alphabet and Shepherds Bush - Holly & Ivy Sampler
10. A lot of stitchers seem also to be readers, are you?
Julie - Most definately, an hour with a good book at the end of the day in bed is a must
11. What helps you to unwind and relax when stressed?
Julie - Calming, peaceful music and meditation.
Consider yourself tagged if you haven't been and would like to take part, i'm looking forward to seeing your answers and what questions you come up with.