All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 10 May 2012

In the Parlour

Wednesday evening is parlour night with Barb and the ladies at NH to stitch on a design by The Sampler Girl. Lots of Jane Austen quotes to keep us busy and entertained.

I've been naughty though and not stitched a bigger design for a couple of weeks and did a couple of Tanya's smalls.

When browsing through my copies of the annual Just Cross Stitch ornament editions with a cuppa i came across a beauty in 2009 edition - The Sampler Girl - Early American Motif Ornament has become this months finish.


I decided to stitch my version on 25ct over 1 and the only change i made was to change the date to this years as it will join the others i have for gifts at Christmastime. I felt it needed a really simple finish so went with the blanket stitch contrast edging and twine hanger.

The latest free chart 'May' was a must stitch as soon as i saw it, another little birthday this month and after my successful tissue holder i chose the same finish for this small design. The fabric for this is from a Polstitches grab bag that i was gifted for my birthday, a real great idea for a stitchers gift.



Barb is such a generous and kind lady and has rewarded the ladies who have been joining her in the parlour each week with a small gift. Mine arrived today, postie knocked on the door - i so imagined that is was the postman from Larkrise to Candleford as i knew it was going to be a little giftie from the Jane Austen shop. I was thrilled when i opened it, a super little notepad with magnetic closure to go into my bag. Thank you so much Barb, it's a very special gift. If you visit Barbs blog you will see she is an avid Jane fan, she wrote in the little card that came with the gift using her new quill and ink, how exciting is that!


WARNING ....... (for those who get a little excited) ..... i have had Shores on the lap frame.... OMG i can hear you all saying, we thought that was going to become a UFO, and yes i know it hasn't seen the outside of the workbox since well before the wintertime.

Here's a before.... as i know you wont remember where i got to, i couldn't either

and as Block 6/7 are now.....


made me smile when i saw the saying 'I will wait for thee' it certainly was patient in the workbox LOL

I've been seeing lots of lovely work on blogs recently, well done to you all.

Happy hobby time!

x

19 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Julie you've done some lovely smalls but its nice to see a big old project on the go!!!

Christine said...

Two lovely finishes Julie, and nice to see Mr Stick doesn't neglect what is going on at home ;)

jane said...

Nice to see Shores again, your finishes are lovely too.

Gillie said...

I got my gift too! Really improved a grey day! Love the littles but look forward to more Shores!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely gift from Barb. Two gorgeous finishes. Lovely progress on Shores.

Karen said...

I love your finish on your ornament... it suits it to a T!

happy stitching...

valerie said...

Lovely finishes Julie! It is so nice to see Shores out again. I'll be looking forward to your progress.

Linda said...

A really sweet decoration and a beautiful May gift too.

Well done on your progress of Shores.

Daffycat said...

Wonderful little finishes, Julie! I really love these little tissue holders!

Wow ~ I also love this WIP! Shores is looking fabulous!

Elisa said...

Lovely Tanya finishes Julie, I miss my Wednesday evenings in the parlour, but studying is taking over at the moment...Great gift from Barb and your WIP is looking brill!

Milly said...

Hello

Lovely finishes and I love your Shores project.

Lovely pressie from Barb too.

Have a good weekend.

Making It Vintage said...

Pretty May ornament Julie and your large wip is gorgeous.......I haven't touched my cross stitch for OH for a while......very naughty of me! xx

Penny said...

What a lovely ornament finish! Sweet little tissue holder too! You are making good progress on shores. :) I'm happy to have found your blog!

Rachael G said...

Good to know Mr Stick is doing his job properly!!
Great ornament, love the way it is finished

Barb said...

Oh Julie Shores is looking so lovely ,and I am so pleased the little notebooks were well received. Your littles are so pretty ,see you in the parlour on Wednesday and look for an e mail over the weekend.
love and hugs x

Carol said...

I'm feeling a bit guilty over my lack of big projects, too, this year, Julie! But, I'm happiest doing my little smalls :)

Your ornament is adorable. I love the blanket stitched edging on it and your tissue holder is so sweet. Shores is looking wonderful--that sure is one giant block you're working on!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Melanie said...

Two wonderful little finishes! Like Carol, I REALLY like the blanket stitch edging. It's a great little detail that you don't see too often on finished ornaments.

Catherine said...

Pretty finishes! And Shores seems like the perfect summer piece to work on!

Kate said...

Lovely finishes Julie. Was Mr Stick on your back to work on Shores? Great progress.