All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 20 May 2012

Happy Birthday Rachael

Today Rachael celebrates her birthday. If you are a visitor to her blog you will know she has a deep love for cats.

As soon as i saw this lovely design a while back i just knew it would make a fabulous card for her, it was such a fun project to stitch. It's from a book i have called Quick to Stitch, Cross Stitch Cards.


Someone else i know loves cats too. My grandaughter Isabelle is fascinated with our cat and the 7 that come into my garden from next door. I showed her mum this free knitting pattern from Deramores newsletter and of course nanny had to get knitting straight away.


This week i had a visit from Tina (no blog). We meet at the stitchers meet up twice a year and she asked if she could take the short train journey to spend a day with me. We chatted and stitched and i even 'made' her call into my LNS - for me that stands for 'little' needlework shop as it really is not much bigger than a broom cupboard, and with DMC at a price of 89p i dont venture there often unless its an emergency. In this case i needed a DMC to make a start on Lynn's RR.

The summer exchange has been stitched, i finished that whilst Tina was here. I just need to make it up now but the post out isn't till mid June for that so a while before i can show you.

Monthly challenge has also been completed today. Stitched last week and made up this morning. I can tell you this months chart is What a Cut Up by Patrick’s Woods but again a no show till the last Sunday of the month. This one has been popular, i have seen a few different finishes of this in blogland recently.

Tomorrow, i am off to visit Clare.The RR goes to her after me, but, unless i get off here and stay up all night and stitch, she wont be getting it this visit!

I hope all is well with you and yours.

x

19 comments:

Gillie said...

Such fun to catch up in person! Glad you had a good time. Hmm, it isn't that far from Cheshire, lol! Stitched half of my exchange and working on an RR right now.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous card for Rachael. Lovely picture your granddaughter. Hope you enjoy your visit with Clare.

Daffycat said...

Isn't it great to have exchange/obligation stitching things finished up early? Good for you!

That is a darling card for Rachael! I love the cats with the really loooong tails lol!

Barb said...

Super card for Rachael and happy birthday if she reads your comments lol.
I love the headgear that Izzy is modelling , she is soooooo sweet.
Sounds as if you have been busy with your needle.I am thinking of doing this months challenge but have to see.
Take care be in touch soon.
Hugs from me to you.x

milly said...

That card is just great!
I love the hat you made for your granddaughter, she looks really sweet in it.
It must be nice to meet up with a fellow stitcher(:

Kathy Ellen said...

Rachel must have loved that adorable 'cat' Happy Birthday card that you stitched for her!

Your granddaughter, Isabelle looks so sweet wearing the precious "Kitty" hat. Too cute! Hope that you have a perfectly wonderful visit with Clare!

Ranae said...

Sweet kitty card
I love the little kitty hat, Isabelle is so cute with it on
Have fun with Clare tomorrow

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great card for Rachael, I bet she loved it.
I really like those shaped alphabets.
I've started the Patrick Wood bunny but my stitching time is rather stunted at the moment thanks to a small insomniac!

Christine said...

Great card for Rachael! I downloaded that pattern from Deramores too. Unlike you, however, downloading it is as far as I got!
I must get off my butt with the Summer Exchange too

stitcheranon said...

Aw...how cute is she? A lovley hat. The card is lovely too xxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

What an adorable card (I love kitties too!) and an even more adorable granddaughter!!!!!

Carol said...

Such a cute kitty card and kitty hat. Isabelle looks perfectly adorable in it :)

Catherine said...

What a perfect card for your friend ~ and that hat is so adorable!!

Maggie said...

Isabelle looks so cute in her little cat hat :-) I'm sure Rachael was thrilled to receive such a lovely card too!

Lucky you meeting with blogging friends :-) I hope you had a great day with Claire.

Penny said...

What a cute card! Your granddaughter is adorable and what a sweet hat for her! :)

Mylene said...

Your granddaughter so cute and the knitted hat.

What a love gift you made for your friends' birthday.

Veronica said...

Oh what an adorable kitty cat card. That's so cute... both the hat and your granddaughter :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Rachael G said...

Thank you Julie, I absolutely LOVE it, LOL I am going to frame it!and keep it up all the time.
I am glad you had a lovely visit from Tina.

DUSTY said...

Cute card Julie, and I love the cat hat on the cuter little one.