All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Ornament Exchange revealed

Christine organises the ornament exchange at Needlecraft Haven and its one of the exchanges that i really look forward to each year.

I opened a real beauty from Kate.

It was so nicely wrapped in Christmas tissue paper with a lovely card added. Thank you so much Kate it will be perfect for my tree (when i get it out the attic and put up!)

Kate has blogged that the design comes from the November Gift of Stitching online magazine.

Lindsay was the stitcher i made mine for.

She has a love of snowmen and when i came across this little guy carrying his Christmas tree in the Dec 1999 issue of World of Cross Stitch (issue 26) i just knew i had to stitch him. His little smile is so infectious.

I had the perfect card to accompany it too. Two little children carrying their own tree.

A little more gift making last week.

I came across these shop made stockings when i was out wandering around the town and thought how nice it would be to add the names of two little children i buy a small gift for.

I used waste canvas and stitched their names and little holly leaves and then removed the waste canvas after. I'd already bought a couple of small items for them and was relieved to find that they will actually fit into the stocking - thought for a moment there was going to be a panic and one of the pressies would be too big.... phew.

Hooky has been happening too. Stuck for an idea for a friend, DH suggested that i make her a cushion similar to the one i made mum.

When you make gifts for friends and family it's always hard to remember what you have sent them in the past, thank goodness usually for online albums LOL.

This time i knew i hadn't crocheted anything for her as i have only been doing it for a year so well done DH, a good idea.

Time to get off the computer and go and wrap up some of the gifts, mum is coming over this weekend to exchange gifts and i have not wrapped a thing this year yet!!

Happy crafting, whatever you are making...

13 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely ornies Julie. Very pretty cushion too. xx

Kate said...

I'm pleased that you like it Julie. I always enjoy participating in this exchange too. Great idea to add names to the stockings with waste canvas. Love your latest cushion too.

lily said...

I love the little snowman carrying his christmas tree home, I think I may have to start stitching ornies for next year, they always look so festive.

Barb said...

Both ornies are just lovely Julie.The stockings look great and well you know how I feel about your cushions.
I have not wrapped anything yet either must get a wiggle on. If I can find a wiggle that will fit!!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely exchange both sent and received Julie. Your stockings are lovely. I have not wrapped anything either but I have decorated the tree tonight.

Shari said...

everything looks great.....LOVE the ornament you did for the exchange...so cute!!!!

Christine said...

Lovely ornaments Julie, and another super crochet cushion

Sally said...

Both ornaments are lovely Julie. Love the snowman one!

The cushion is gorgeous.

I haven't wrapped any presents yet either. Still waiting for the online stuff to arrive but think I'm going to have to get some wrapped before they get here!

Carol said...

Lovely ornaments both given and received, Julie. That snowman you stitched for Lindsay is adorable :)

I haven't begun wrapping yet, either--have hardly begun my shopping to tell you the truth!!

Kathy Ellen said...

What sweet little ornaments! I love your creative idea of adding the names of the two little children to those cute Christmas stockings:)

Your dear friend is going to be really thrilled to receive your beautiful crocheted pillow too!

Blessings to You!

Melanie said...

Lovely ornaments all around!!! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Julie, what great ornaments sent and received!

Another great job hooking ;)

Lenne said...

The ornaments are so lovely!