All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 21 November 2011

Yiotas Review

I recently received an email asking my if i would be willing to review one of the kits at www.yiotas-xstitch.com

I explained that this time of the year is very busy with gift making and i would not be able to start anything new till next year and thanked Yiota for asking me but would have to decline. I received a lovely reply saying that next year would be fine and would i like to have a look round the site and choose any kit i liked the look of.

There are so many lovely designs to choose from and i spent a long time browsing. Lots of fabulous charts that i have not seen anywhere else. I have a love of William Morris and settled on a kit called 'Hare'

Speedy delivery service and it arrived soon after i requested it.

It was packaged into a sturdy cardboard backed A4 envelope marked 'Do Not Bend' and my address was clearly printed on the front.

I was not disappointed with the contents.

The kit comes in a clear see through envelope and is complete with 14ct white aida and a needle.

The picture design is printed on beautiful quality A3 paper. It also comes with clear instructions where to begin your stitching on the fabric and how many threads to use.

The printing is very clear and the symbols are easy to read and follow. Where the printed sheets run over there is a 2 line overlap that is clearly marked.









The threads are madeira threads, i've never used these before so will be intrested to see how they stitch up. All of the threads are pre-wound onto bobbins which was fantastic as the one thing i hate about kits is when you have to sort out each thread and try to make sense of which one is for which symbol especially if there are some that are very similar. There is also a conversion to DMC should you wish to use these instead if you buy any of the charts only instead of the kits.

I am not a lover of aida so will probably change that to something more to my liking but i am really looking forward to stitching this one up.

Please pop along to www.yiotas-xstitch.com and have a look at the things she has on offer. There are subcategories for beginners, intermediate and advanced stitchers and everything is sorted by theme, it's a nice easy site to follow and use. There are also free charts to download and print.

13 comments:

Kate said...

Look forward to seeing your updates on this next year.

Christine said...

Looks like a nice kit, I'll look forward to seeing it stitched

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your progress on this. I can't do mine until next year either.

Yiotas Cross Stitch said...

Thanks so much for the review. Looking forward to see your progress :-)

Denise said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress after the New Year.

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhhh, I would have picked The Hare too ;o)

That's awesome that the threads are all put onto bobbins for you. I hate having to separate them in kits. Sounds like a great company to deal with.

Ranae said...

I have seen these on many blogs.
Pretty choice of design.
I'm off to finally go check out the site
Take Care!!

Melanie said...

Pre-wound bobbins? AWESOME. That is definitely a nice touch for sure!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I look forward to seeing how this stitches up.

Rachael xx said...

Looking forward to seeing this stitched up!!

Carol said...

I hate sorting threads too, especially when it is a design with lots of 'similar' colours/shades.
I like William Morris designs and can see why you chose this wonderful 'Hare' kit. Hope it is enjoyable to work.
Carol xx

Kathy Ellen said...

What an amazing kit, Julie. I have looked at the designs by William Morris and they are incredibly beautiful. This will be a true work of art when it is stitched!

lily said...

Hi Julie,

That kit looks fabulous, I love that they sort the threads for you, no mistakes with using the wrong colours then. Thanks for popping by and your lovely comment........I'm going to enjoy a cuppa and have a little browse through your lovely blog. x