All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

More Christmas ornies

I've finished off the the last 3 ornaments for the bazaar and handed them over to one of the organisers. She was very pleased with my efforts and thinks they will all be snapped up - let's hope so.

I tried to make each of the six different, these charts are also from a very old magazine. Some of the older designs are so lovely. This time we have a felted stocking, a flat pinkeep design and a small cushion, the wording on the fabric along the bottom of the shepherds and sheep reads 'Noel' it was hard to get a good pic with the recent dull days we've been having.

Today though, the weather is the complete opposite, a crisp, cold bright and sunshiney day. I heard someone on the radio telling how many shopping days were left till Christmas, i'm sure they can't be right, i am not organised at all this year, not sure what's different but i just can't seem to get in the mood to get cracking. I've almost finished a crochet gift for a family member so i'll show you that next time.

A trip to the post office today and my Christmas Ornament is on it's way, this is a secret exchange so no show of what i made till 1st December when we will learn who stitched for who. I'm stalking my postie looking forward to mine arriving, he got such a shock today when i opened the front door before he even pressed the doorbell wondering if he had it in his little mitts, but alas not today, maybe tomorrow. He is such a nice man and knows i am a mad woman when it comes to stitchy post.... aren't we all?

20 comments:

staci said...

Adorable ornament finishes Julie! I really love the one with the shepherds and sheep :)

Denise said...

Cute ornaments. I like the older patterns too.

I can't get with it for the holidys either.

Kathy Ellen said...

Wonderful ornaments that you created, Julie. They will be treasures for some fortunate persons this Christmas!

Hazel said...

Gorgeous ornies Julie. They all look fab. x

Rachael xx said...

They are lovely, well done Julie, Christmas is soooo close!!! Eek!!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous ornaments. My favourite is the shepherds - gorgeous fabric and bows. I'm not at all ready for christmas yet. Apparently it is only 39 days away I heard today.

Christine said...

Lovely ornaments Julie. I think everyone is late getting going withy Christmas this year, I blame the weather, it just hasn't felt like autumn so how can it be nearly Christmas?

Shari said...

the ornaments are great! I love them all...you do such nice work....I have to agree with Staci...really love the shepherd/sheep one!!

valerie said...

Great ornies Julie! I hope that they do well at the bazaar!

Maggie said...

The ornaments look lovely Julie, i'm sure they will be snapped up :-)

Been lovely here today too, nice to see a bit of sunshine for a change, it's been so dull.

Barb said...

You will never guess which is my favourite Julie! Although have to say all are lovely. Hope the bazaar goes well.

Kate said...

Gorgeous ornaments Julie.
I'm awaiting deliveries of the exchange kind too - it's exciting.

Carol said...

Such great ornament finishes, Julie--I'm sure they will be quick sellers at the bazaar :)

I haven't begun doing a thing about Christmas yet! I am a real procrastinator when it comes to shopping, but I really need to force myself to make a start soon!!

Elisa said...

Beauties all of them!

Mylene said...

Very cute ornaments, Julie.

Melanie said...

Super cute!!! I'm *always* a sucker for pom-pom trim - the stocking is freaking ADORABLE. :)

Sally said...

Lovely ornaments Julie.

I'm so not ready for Christmas this year. Maybe it's the mild weather we're having?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are lovely ornaments!

stitcheranon said...

argh!!!! Brilliant...I know exactly how to finish my small finish how! Thank you! They are lovely ornaments and I was getting quite low because I did not know what to do with my little finish....Julie, you are inspiriationalxxxxxxx

Pumpkin said...

You are very strong to part with those ;o) I'm sure every bit is greatly appreciated.

LOL! I think most stitchers are mad when it comes to mail ;o)