All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 10 April 2011

A week of smalls

There were a few small projects on my 'to do' list for April, so this week i've spent some time getting them done in plenty of time for upcoming celebrations.

An older relative loves to receive a stitched something, but i am running out of ideas what to make for Christmas and Birthdays. This year i decided on a stitched card.

This design of the prunus blossom reminds me so much of the lovely tree i have in my garden that is just coming into bloom. When you see it against the bright blue sky we've been having this week it is so beautiful and that was my inspiration for the sky blue 28ct britney fabric i've used. I had the circular apperture pink card already in my stash so an added bonus.

Time for another birthday at the stitching club too.

For those of you who follow my blog, you'll remember that this year i decided to make them all a covered tape measure with their initials on.

Lesley has made a request though, she would prefer a little fob for her scissors as the one she is using is in desperate need of replacing. I've used the same initial chart but made it into a ruffled edge fob. A jar of my homemade marmalade will also accompany it, the ladies expect that in their birthday parcels LOL

Like Sally, i too was the lucky recipient of a RAK from Barb.

She sent to me The Herb Gatherer, and very beautiful it is too. I have only stitched a couple of smalls by Shepherds Bush so this will be a first for me.

I asked if there was something Barb would like in return for her kindness and a covered tape measure was requested. I spent a whole day going through my charts and magazines to find a design i thought would be suitable for a sheepie fan and one that would fit onto the small tape measure.

Prairie Schooler's Spring chart from the Gift of Stitching Magazine Feb 2008 fitted the bill perfectly if stitched over 1 on 28ct. I finished it earlier this week and and it went winging its way to the sunny south coast of the UK.

Thank you again Barb for the kit, i'm really looking forward to SAL'ing with you real soon.

Wednesday is the Sampler Girl SAL night at NH.

I did take it with me to the stitching club and actually stitch on the correct night and also carried on when i got home. I got quite a fair bit completed. Next week it's time to start to build the house. The saying is perfect for me, as i do love to be at home.

I know a lot of you have already stitched this design, it really is lovely and i don't know why it's been sitting in my box for such a long time waiting to be stitched. I could say that about a lot of things still in the box, and i expect you all could too.

I see i have some new followers this week, welcome to the blog. Thank you to all of you who take the time to comment on my ramblings, i know its hard to put a comment to every blog you read, i really do appreciate you taking time to leave me a word or two.

Till the next time, happy stitching, knitting or crocheting, enjoy your craft time.

17 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Julie third attempt at leaving you a comment. Think something is going awry. Lovely smalls there and the cherry tree is a delight. Of course I have to say the fave is mine-- and for the time and effort you put in to it thankyou so much it is appreciated .
Hugs Barb

Lesleyanne said...

Your smalls are lovely. I'm sure the recepients will be thrilled with them. I like your thinking with the blue fabric.

Christine said...

Great "smalls" Julie ;D
The JA is looking gorgeous

jane said...

Julie, your "smalls" are adorable and the JA is coming on very nicely.
Can I ask a favour - I remember you crocheted a throw for your DD in 2 colours, could you point me in the direction of the pattern you used please as my DD has asked for one.

Daffycat said...

Whoa, girl...have you had time to sleep? You have been finishing up a storm! They all look wonderful, Julie. I'm especially drawn to the fob as I've just finished one myself! I love your tape measures too ~ so handy!

Rachael xxx said...

Oh how lovely!!

Pumpkin said...

Sweet little projects and I'm sure the recipients are all too happy to receive them :o) Great work Julie!

Ranae said...

Sweet smalls!
And how lucky to receive the SB kit

staci said...

Your smalls turned out wonderfully as always! Enjoy your sweet RAK from Barb :)

Elisa said...

Some pretty little finishes Julie...your TSG SAL piece is coming on well xx

Carol said...

Wow--what a productive week you've had, Julie! Everything turned out so nicely and I do love the saying so much on the Jane Austen piece...

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely selection of smalls you've stitched up!

Melanie said...

Great selection of smalls! So pretty and perfectly finished. :)

Sally said...

Your smalls are lovely Julie. I bet Barb loved her covered tape measure as much as I love mine.

Lovely RAK from Barb. I'm looking forward to you joining our SAL soon :)

The JA piece looks beautiful.

Lisa said...

Lovely small finishes Julie, I especially like the covered tape measure, had forgotten all about that design in TGOS mag.
Your TSG wip is coming along nicely as well.

Sheilasembroidery said...

That card is so pretty and your friends are so lucky to have such a generous friend

Rhona said...

Your 'smalls' are wonderful, and I'm sure everyone will love their gift.
Love the Jane Austen piece, and yes I do have many pieces sitting waiting to be picked up and finished!!