All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 3 April 2011

Mothering Sunday

to all mums on this special day.

I've had a few quiet moments today taking time to think of those that have angel mums like my DH. He bought some lovely pink carnations for us to have at home to remember his mum Betty. Also, i took time to think of those mums like me that have angel children.

When i was looking in the card shop for a card for my own mum, this lovely one jumped off the shelf at me. DH thought it was really cute so we bought it for Amy. I reduced the size of the baby scan photo and stuck it inside with some lovely Happy Mothers Day ribbon. Amy thought it was brilliant and loved the surprise.


I've finished off the cardigan using the wool that Barb sent in the baby box a few weeks ago.

The lovely pink heart buttons were in my stash box just waiting to be added to something special.

I gave it to my 'mum-to-be' today as well as the lovely card when she came to visit.

I hope you've all had an enjoyable Mothering Sunday and spent time with the ones you love.

15 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

The caridgan is very pretty. I'm sure the mum to be was thrilled with it and the card.

Rachael xxx said...

Oh what a lovely card to give Amy.And a sweet cardie.

Carol said...

What a sweet card for Amy--I've never seen one like it before. Great idea!

And the cardigan is precious, Julie--so delicate and pretty. I"m sure the recipient will treasure it...

valerie said...

Happy Mothers Day Julie! Lovely cardigan you knitted up for the baby...so cute!

Christine said...

That is one of the prettiest baby cardigans I've ever seen, I love the fluted bottom edge.
Someone at the card company definitely had a brainwave there, I've never seen a card like that before

Barb said...

Awww HOW sweet is that for Amy and the pink, what a lovely mum you are. Oh what a great job you made of the cardi , it is just so pretty.
Seymore and Rose and family would like to wish Julie Mum a belated Hoppy Mothers Day!
Hugs

jane said...

The cardigan is lovely and what a novel idea for a card!

Shari said...

oh wow, the sweater is beautiful......such a wonderful gift....
Happy Mothering Day, late......

Sally said...

That little cardigan is adorable Julie. So sweet.

What a lovely idea for a card!

Hope you had a lovely day.

Melanie said...

Heeehee. What a cute card.

The cardigan is so pretty. I love the design on the bottom and the heart buttons. :)

Pumpkin said...

The cardigan is just too precious! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day :o)

chris said...

Lovely idea for Amy, the mum to be.

I have an angel mum so I too had some flowers in the house for her.
And I love that little baby cardi, its so pretty.

Have a good week Julie and happy stitching.

Hugs Chris x

Dani - tkdchick said...

Awww cute card and even cuter cardi!

David said...

I love the little blossom card you made and your knitting is exceptional. Well done! x

Denise said...

That cardigan is just adorable.