All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Happy Easter





Wishing you all a very

Happy Eastertime




I collected a box from the post office this week. It was a lovely parcel for myself, Amy and baby.









Marian over at Gumbo & Grits had put together all of these wonderful goodies for us.

Amy and i opened the parcel together. She's been unwell for over a week now suffering from horrendous migraines. It's been a very stressful and worrying time and this lovely parcel really did cheer her up.

I'm really going to enjoy reading the magazines from the south and making things with the lovelies Marian sent for me and Amy was really emotional that someone else she didn't know had sent some beautiful items for her and baby.

Thank you so much Marian for your kindness xxxx

April challenge

Today was the reveal of this months challenge.

We had a choice of designs from Chroniques de Frimousse. All very similar, but i chose this cutie.

You can see the others in the album here.

I wrapped my little easter basket in cellophane and had a free raffle at the stitching club on Wednesday evening and one lady went home with a choccie surprise.

Floral Fifteen by Just Nan is finally made up. I spent quite a few hours this week stitching it together. Here's a selection of pics that i took, i couldn't decided which view showed it the best LOL

















Round Robin

As you know i'm taking part in my first Round Robin and this month i had the pleasure of stitching on Tina's (no blog).

Hillside Samplings design called Seasonal Samplings is the beautiful chart chosen by Tina. I have loved stitching my part of this one. We're due to pass them on again at the beginning of May.

Sampler Girl SAL was the only other stitching i have done this week.

Stitching over 1 is slow going and also with Wednesday being my night at the stitching club, i would maybe get more accomplished if i did mine on another night as we spend way too much time chatting and drinking tea and not enough stitching time.

This week saw the roofers in, but i must admit there were some frogs hopping about in the roof that caused me some problems with counting - all sorted now and it's growing nicely.

I hope you've all had a lovely Easter with your loved ones. Here the weather has been glorious sunshine, record temperatures for this time of the year and the driest April for over 50 years. DH is not impressed as his lovely garden and allotment is desperate for some rain. I have suggested that maybe we should do a rain dance in the garden, does anyone know the words/moves to an american indian rain dance LOL

16 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely gift you and dd got. I can just see you pondering what to make with it all. Great monthly challenge piece. You are very creative. I couldn't think what to make with it. Love the RR and can't wait to get it. x

Mylene said...

What lovely gifts you and your DD received. The challenge piece is so cute and wow! Great job on the Just Nan biscornu, it looks gorgeous!!

Happy Easter too!

Cath said...

Your biscornu is beautiful . Well done on the finish . x

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gifts received for you and your DD. Great finishes. Happy Easter.

jane said...

Lovely gifts fo you, Amy and baby. I hope Amy feels better very Your stitching looks beautiful, especially the JN.

Christine said...

I don't know about a rain dance, you could just plan a barbecue, thats usually enough to make it bucket down when I do it.
What a lovely gift from Marian.
Great stitching as always.

Barb said...

Hi Julie Wow love the Floral Fifteen,lovely gifts for 2 lovely ladies and a pink. Enjoy.
Mr Macgregor is not alone ,we have cracks starting to appear in our lawn. Will it know when to stop when it starts though.
Challenge piece is super duper ,hanging head in shame here ,really must try for May.
Kate suffered with headaches too at the end of her pregnancy with Jack,so know how worrying it can be. Give Amy a big hug from me. Love to hear from you when you have a minute or two. Hugs

Sally said...

What a lvoely gift for you and Amy from Marian:) I hope Amy is feeling much better.

Lovely challenge piece and your JN looks absolutely fantastic all stitched up. Lovely RR too.

We are in desperate need of rain aren't we and I think we might get some before long!

Kate said...

What a fabulous gift parcel from Marian.
I hope that Amy is feeling much better now - I'm sure it must be a dreadful worry for you.
Floral fifteen looks lovely from all angles.
Great finishes for the challenge and the RR stitching.
Lovely progress on your Sampler Girl.

Melanie said...

Such great stuff here but I really love love love the Just Nan piece. So darling and the colors are perfect for spring.

Sheilasembroidery said...

What lovely work that bisc. is beautiful. I hope Amy is feeling better now and aren't stitchers so kind?

Ranae said...

What a thoughful parcel you and Amy received. I do hope she gets feeling better.
And woohoo!! look at that fantastic 15 sided biscornu, it is gorgeous, Congrats!
We had a lovely Easter and hope you did too.

Denise said...

Hope you had a happy Easter. I finally caught up to you. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving encouraging comments.

I love your Just Nan. Can't remember if I have that pattern or not. I do remember looking at it at the needle shop.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Pumpkin said...

What a sweet thing for Marian to do :o)

Your JN FF is just beautiful! Congrats on such a wonderful finish.

You've been getting a lot of stitching in.

Hope you had a good Easter!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Julie, so sorry your daughter is suffering horribly with Migraines, I can feel her pain, I've been affected by them since I was 9yrs. Being preganant is there even any medication she can take for some relief?

What a beautiful parcel, and all of your stitching is fantastic! Especially that 15-sided biscornu!!!

Carol said...

I know where all your rain has gone, Julie--right over in my corner of Pennsylvania. It has hardly stopped raining all month and we are having one of the wettest months ever! I would be more than happy to share ours with you :)

Wonderful lot of stitching this week--of course, that Hillside Sampling piece is my favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed stitching it as much as I did mine.

Wonderfully thoughtful gift for Amy and you from Marian--I do hope Amy's migraines go away very soon...