All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Nuneaton meet up (photo heavy post)

Yesterday was the stitchers meet up in Nuneaton, the last time we met was April so it was nice to see everyone again.



I'd managed to get Amy's throw finished and added 3 more motifs to Grand Marquoir this week so took those along with me

Mr Stick was unable to come, but he did send along one of his 'friends'. Mrs Cane had her UFO & WIP diary with her and each stitcher wrote a little note in there. She went home with Kathy who organised the day for us.



Lots of hard work being done as well as plenty of fun and laughter. It was lovely to meet up with friends from before and also to meet some new people too. Chris was unable to come, you were missed Chris.

Clare sat one side of me, she was busy with the round robin that had come back recently and also tried her hand at crochet in the afternoon

Rachael sat the other side of me, she was busy with hardanger and also her beautiful Ink Circles design.

The show tables were full of beautiful work.

Hazel's granny stripe crochet blanket and flowery cushion are definately a must try for me. Kathy had finished Winter Beauty Princess her latest project in time to show too

The round robins recently completed at Stitch and Stash were on show, after watching them grow over the past months it was nice to see them close up too.

Hazel and i have never tried a round robin before, the New Year will see us venture into this (isn't that right Hazel? LOL) There'll be 4 of us in this one, Clare, Tina (no blog) Hazel and myself, so something exciting to look forward to for 2011


Tina's Quaker Christmas wasn't quite done, which was good for me as i'd said i would do the happy dance on the table if she got it completed in time for the meet up!

A stunning HAED design

Not a lot on the table from me. Basket of Christmas ornaments, GM, Floral Fifteen WIP and a couple of finished crochet projects

It's so nice to see some of the designs that i would never do myself and see the amazing detail that's in them, the Chatelaines are stunning close up

Vicki from India Grace Designs came along and brought a selection of her work. Way beyond my capabilites but oh so beautiful and fabulous. They were also on sale for anyone wanting to try one


Thank you everyone for a lovely day, see you all in April


19 comments:

Bev said...

what a wonderful time you must have had, and its lovely to see everyones different pieces

Billie said...

Stunning array! Great work. I love it...

Lesleyanne said...

Lots of stunning work. Glad you had a good time.

valerie said...

What a fun day! The show and tell tables looks amazing...so many wonderful finishes!

Christine said...

Sounds wonderful, all the work on display looks stunning!
I love your red and black blanket, crochet goes Emo ;)

Shellie said...

Amazing work on show you mustve had a great day doesn't seem to be anything like that around here not many ppl seem to be crafters thats for sure.
Loving Mrs Cane I may well have to try to knit a bunny one day but happy with Booties and Mitts for now lol
Hopew you are feeling well
Hugs Shellie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Aren't meet ups like that absolutely fantastic? Looks like you had an awesome day and lots of awesome works were on display!

Denise said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm amazed at the display of all the beautiful projects.

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO jealous!!!! Thank you for posting photos because I love to see what others have done :o) That snowman RR is adorable. Glad to hear that you had a good time Julie!

Missy said...

Great photos. I can never travel to meet up with other stitcher's so I live vicariously through everyone that does and your pictures are great for me to zoom in on and appreciate other stitcher's fabulous works. Thank you for sharing!!

My William bunny is lonely....just saying. LOL

hugs
-missy-

Clare - Aimetu said...

I had a great day too Julie,thank you for showing me the crochet, you're a great teacher:)

I'm looking forward to the next meet up in April, I love seeing everyone's work.

Rachael said...

Hi Julie, it was lovely to meet up with you again I loved being able to sit stitch and chat, I had a lovely time thanks for asking me if I was going!!

Carol said...

How nice of you to share everyone's beautiful work, Julie. You are lucky to be surrounded by such talented and inspirational stitchers! I'm sure you can't wait for your April get-together...

Hazel said...

Lovely pics! Hmmm Iam agaonising over the RR and since I have been looking at charts, I now keep seeing other things I want to stitch!!! Yep should be lots of fun. x

Maggie said...

Looks like you had a great time at your meet up. I've looked around my area and cannot find any crafty meet up's of any sort:(
everone's work looks wonderful, it must be great to see what everyone else is up to.

Hope you & Hazel have fun with your RR's :-)

Have a great week x

Sally said...

Lovely photos Julie. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Love Mrs Cane!!! I think Kathy will watch herself with her about!! Lol!

Always smiling said...

Hi Julie,

Sorry I missed the day, all the work on show looked fantastic.
Thank you for the good wishes for my cold, I couldn't have come I felt that bad... but much better now
I hope to see you all next time!
Chris x

Jacqui said...

Oh thank god for that, no photos of me. PMSL. Nice to meet you Julie, we had a great time.

Karan said...

Looks like you all had a lovely time... & the crafts display must have been fabulous to look at. Thoroughly enjoyed my catch up. :0)