All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 12 September 2010

Sunny Sunday

Waking up on an autumnal Sunday morning to the sunshine beaming in through your bedroom window and a nice cup of tea sitting on the bedside table lovingly brought to you by DH, what better way to put a smile on your face and start the day.

The smileyness continued all day for me today, the simple little things that sometimes make you laugh and giggle the day away .....

A silly shaped tomato found in the greenhouse and trying to think what it looked like

~*~*~*~*~*~

Switching on the computer and there's an email from a friend you have not spoken to for a couple of weeks, remembering the lovely conversations you used to have all the time and the fun and laughter you've shared

~*~*~*~*~*~

Opening the back door and being presented with a lovely bunch of chrysanthemums grown by DH when he came home from the allotment this morning

~*~*~*~*~*~

We have concerts in some parks in our city over the summer on a Sunday afternoon. This week it was the local brass band and one of the players is a member of the community association. DH and i spent a lovely sunny afternoon hand in hand through the park before settling on a bench and tapping our feet along to the lovely sound. Lots of people took advantage of the sunshine, children were having fun taking dolls for walks in prams and even the ice-cream van made an appearance to cool us all off.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Returning home to a homemade sponge cake filled with homemade lemon curd and enjoying a piece with a cup of tea sitting in the conservatory with a little furry kitty for company

~*~*~*~*~*~

I think i'll finish off this smiley happy day with a bit of hookey time this evening on this blanket i've started for Amy. Her sitting room has a red/black theme and this will be a nice throw blankie for her sofa. It's going to be part of her Christmas pressie. It's a huge granny square and lovely and cosy.


I hope you too have had some lovely happy moments this weekend with the ones you love

14 comments:

jane said...

Sounds like a fantastic day Julie, that cake looks scrummy and your crochet throw is lovely.(which reminds me I need to take a photo for my blog!)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great day Julie :) cake looks yummy and I just love your tomato lol

Maggie said...

Sounds like a lovely day!
The sun has been shining on our part of the Uk today too, although i chose to sit and stitch and nurse m cold!!

I love the blanket you are working on for your daughter, such funky colours :-)

Have a great week!

Carol said...

Your post brought me smiles of my own, Julie--hope all your days can be as nice as this one :)

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Hope you have a good week.

Barb said...

Great weekend there Julie, will be in touch soon.Well and truly hooked now then, still have not come to grips with it. Sigh.
Take care sweetie.

Shellie said...

I too have a fantastic w/e Camping with my hubby and kids, being visited by my Bro sil niece and mum going crabbing, having a bbq, then at my mums for sunday, visitng a open day at the local control tower with war time dancingto watch and lots of displays then a great party for my son and nephews b/days on tuesday. Absolutely shattered now though,
Thank you for such a lovely post it bought a smile to my face.
Hugs Shellie xx

Mylene said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Have a good week.

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday, Julie.
Your tomato is too funny.
I love the colors of your granny square throw.

Sally said...

What a wonderful Sunday Julie. Now I want to make a lemon cake! I've not one filled with lemon curd in ages. I need to bake!!!!

I love the look of the blanket you're making for Amy. Guess what I was looking for my knitting needles etc the other day and I came across a book I'd forgotten I had about how crochet!

Pumpkin said...

What beautiful happy moments Julie :o) Your Mums are gorgeous and that cake looks divine!

I think if you stuck a beak on the top round part of the tomato, it would look like a little bird :o)

Rachael said...

It was a lovely Sunday wasn't it.
Oh lovely flowers lucky you and that blanket is lovely.

Mmmmm cake!

Christine said...

Sounds a lovely day. LOL at the tomato, they do grow some wierd shapes sometimes.
Love the red and black blanket

Karan said...

What a fabulous day. Love the super chic blanket... Amy is going to love it. :0)