All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Finish, WIP and Stash

Good morning ladies, the rains pouring down here today, whats happened to my nice spring sunshine?

My brains thinking of Christmas, here's this months ornament to add to my growing collection. As soon as i saw the 2009 JCS ornament edition i knew i would be doing this one, its such a cute little design by Ladybug Lane Designs and is called Plaid Greetings. The ornament cut of 28 lugana in citrus in my stash was the perfect fabric for the colours used in this one and i decided on a simple pillow finish.

Wednesday was the stitching club, and also the community meeting so i am only at the club for an hour before i have to change rooms. I do wish these meetings would be scheduled for another evening and not the one night a week i have something else planned. I've mentioned changing it but everyone else is happy with that night. My Lady's Quaker was the WIP i took with me this week. Jardin Prive have an alternative to the flower motif bottom left of her dress on their site and me being a kitty person decided it would be perfect for my version, although now i have stitched it in the pink it does look a bit like a naked cat! I did a bit more later in the week and completed the large motif to the left too, it's such a lovely project to stitch.

Lookie what the postie brought me today. I was very impressed with Hazel's socks. It was her first time knitting them and using 5 pins after attending a local workshop and they are in double knitting wool. As you know i've only tried the 2 pin ones in 4 ply wool so far. Browsing through a sale email from an online wool shop that i was recommended too (service is very good) i saw this chart for socks knitted in double knitting. I thought that maybe it would be easier to try this thickness of wool on the 4 pins so i sent for the pattern and 2 balls of wool to give it a go. Talk about laughing your head off when i opened the pattern, they are in fact NOT knitted on 4 pins, but 2 like the ones i have done. Oh well... guess i will have to learn the 4 pin method another time LOL. It's a nice pattern for the hand and leg warmers as well as the socks. I hope they knit us as nice as it looks in the picture.

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are, i hope the weather is kind to those of you who are running/walking a mile tomorrow in aid of Sport Relief.

21 comments:

Barb said...

Julie just seen this on the monthly ornie page it is delightful.Love the colour of the fabby.Sock pattern looks lovely ,still got half a pair knitted for DH LOL.
Shame about your stitchy club and the produce one clashing,isnt that just typical.

Christine said...

I've knitted the wrist and ankle warmers in this wool for the girls, they come out beautifully and knit up very fast

Carol said...

I've always loved that ornament, too, Julie, and mean to stitch it for my aunt and uncle who have always owned Scotties. Your Quaker Lady and your new yarn look so beautiful--can't wait to see your finished pieces!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely ornie. Fab fabric colour. Nice progress on the quaker lady.

Julianne said...

Julie,

I just love your scottie dog ornament! The fabric you used is just perfect.

staci said...

OMGosh! I love, love, LOVE that ornament! Love the fabric you used too. Now will have to remember to stitch that one up!!!

Mmm, NICE sock yarn! Happy Knitting!

Shari said...

love the doggy ornament pillow!!!! So cute!!!!
Wish I could knit!!! I tried doing the arm warmers like Staci had on her blog, but I am not coordinated enough to work 4 needles at once!!!
The quaker is looking awesome.

Karen said...

gawd I need to pull my finger out lol.
your orni looks great love the wool

Mylene said...

Such a cute ornament and good progress on Quaker Lady.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

VeeandCo Cross Stitch Designs said...

Julie...just stopped by to check out your latest news. I love your newest ornie. Great job on it and all your other WIP/finishes. I've been knitting up a storm for my granddauther.

mollycaff said...

I love the ornament, it's on my "one day" list although whether that day ever arrives is another matter. The socks look lovely and snuggly!

Always smiling said...

I love that wool and had a lookm at the site.. and read back and saw your Grand Marquoir and I am going to do it.. I saw on my blogging travels a quaker design stitched in all different aqua greens and blues and I thought ah ha... I know what I can do in those colours!!
So going to sort out threads and I will be with you!!
Hugs and Blessings
Chris x

Daffycat said...

*squeal* I love the Scottie dog ornament, Julie! Great finish!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great ornament - I can't wait to se your socks - I love the ones you gave me -they were perfect this wekend atthe caravan:)

Ranae said...

That ornie is too cute and love that fabric, so cool.
Bummer about the club and the meeting
Happy knitting pretty socks

Always smiling said...

Hi Julie,

I have given you a Sunshine Award, so do pop along to my blog and pick it up. This is for persons like you who are amazing and creative and a joy to know!

Hugs Chris x

Shellie said...

Stitching looks great as ever.
Hope you are keeping well.
hugs Shellie

Clare - Aimetu said...

I have chosen you for the Sunshine Award, please pop to my blog to receive it :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a cute ornament!!!

Sally said...

Your ornament is so cute Julie and your Quaker is coming along beautifully.

Can't wait to see the socks:)

Karan said...

Can't believe it's been this long since I last visited your blog! Such a sweet little ornie love the choice of fabric - would never have thought of using that colour & it looks amazing. JP is looking good. :0) Shame they won't move the meeting though.