All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Couple of finishes

A lovely sunny day on Saturday for our drive over to see my mum. We took her Mothering Sunday gift as she has plans for next weekend with my brother and his family. I took my knitting bag with me and made some progress on this little cardigan for one of DH's friends whose wife gave birth to a lovely little boy named Gabriel last Thursday. There seem to be a lot of newborns about, as we drove by the fields we saw some little lambs frolicking about in the spring sunshine and the usual fisherman by the riverside enjoying the peace and quiet. We had a lovely visit and returned home late in the evening.

The last couple of days i've not felt too good, nothing serious and my chek-up with the Dr today went fine, just keep taking the pills and report in every few weeks as usual. I haven't even switched the computer on and couldn't really settle to anything. I did however, stitch a bit here and there between litle naps on Just Nans Ice Garden for the SAL Tina has organised over at Stitch & Stash. Its now all finished, the fabric and threads are as charted and it really is a pretty design. Time to look and see what design to do next for this ongoing SAL, will it be another band sampler or something different?

The sun is shining today although its quite cold, i've defrosted the birdbath and fed the birds, the washings all done, no other chores today so the rest of the day is mine. I think i'll get out the thread boxes and see if i can choose some nice colours to start Grand Marquoir. After looking at lots of lovely finishes, i've decided that i would like each block to be a different colour so its nice and bright. I might even get a stitch or two added if i dont get carried away with stash fondling. I'm sure you've all lost a morning or afternoon at some time doing just that.

Happy stitching and knitting, thank you for your visit

16 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Glad you had a good trip to your mum's, I love the cardigan. Your Just Nan is lovely, so delicate.

Ginnie said...

Great little cardigan. The Just Nan is very pretty too.

Shari said...

so sorry to hear you are fighting ongoing health issues. I can so relate. I hope your doctor can come up with a good answer for you soon!!!
The sweater is so pretty!!!! What a lucky mom & baby to receive such a sweet gift.
Hugs to you!!!

Barb said...

Pretty colour cardi Julie,and your Just Nan is gorgeous.So sorry to hear you havent been feeling too well. I expect all the stress you have been under lately hasn't helped.Take care sweetie and just do what you want to do, doesnt matter if you lose an hour here or there.
Hugs and hugs

Gayle said...

Beautiful finishes. The cardigan is lovely. Such a pretty shade of blue. What pattern book is it from? There does seem to be a lot of babies being born and I'm looking for something different to make. I hope with the warmer weather you will be feeling better soon.

Lesleyanne said...

A beautiful cardigan. A lovely colour. Your Just Nan is gorgeous.

Rachael said...

Lovely cardigan, I used to love the handmade cardi's on my children when they were born.
Your JN is lovely.
Glad you had a lovely day!

Shellie said...

Looking good hun, so sorry your not feeling to good, and hope u feel better soon xxxxxxx

Christine said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Lovely baby cardi and your JN is simply gorgeous

Carol said...

What a darling baby cardigan, Julie--such a pretty color of blue, too! Your JN looks amazing--I know how much patience those designs take...

Really hope you are feeling better very soon--take care now...

Karan said...

Glad you had a good visit, though sorry to hear you're not feeling so good - guess the London trip had a knock-on effect. Lot's of gentle (((((((((hugs))))))))) & hope you pick up soon. That's a sweet little cardigan - lucky recipient. IG is a real beauty, enjoy a gentle HD. :0)

Sally said...

Lots of hugs Julie. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well.

The cardigan is lovely and our Just Nan is stunning!

jane said...

Lovely cardigan and your JN finish is beautiful! Hope you are feeling better now!

Mylene said...

The cardigan looks lovely and very good progress on Just Nan.

Hope you are feeling much better today and can enjoy the weekend.

Stitchingranny said...

A lovely finish Julie. Ice Garden is one I don't have, but as I love JN not just for the look of the finish but because they are such fun to stitch too, it may have to go on my wish list. Oh you naughty enabler lol.

Stitcher said...

I love Ice Garden it's beautiful