All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Santa likes to stitch!

February's Christmas ornament was all kitted up as soon as i had stitched Januarys. I have a fondness for the Prairie Schooler Santas and received the 2004 Santa as a birthday gift last year. He was shouting loudly to be let out of the workbox, how could anyone resist this darling little man with his needle, thread and frame. The chart asks for 18ct fabric, i did have some adia in that count but then found a small piece of linen although i have no idea what sort it is or the colour. I did feel his beard should have been changed from ecru to white after i had stitched it as it doesn't show up very well on the pale fabric.

My eyes are much better today and i have stitched a small amount on Irish Garden, oh my, there are so many quarter stitches and all in different greens. This project is going to need a lot of concentration in the centre panels and definately not one that i will be stitching when watching a good TV programme. Its been a busy week here in the evenings. Monday night we had the hairdresser here, last night was the first committee meeting for this years fruit and veg show and tonight i'm off to the stitchy club, i think i might take Ice Garden with me to show the ladies, they haven't seen that WIP.

Did you all remember to have your pancakes yesterday as it was Shrove Tuesday. Are you giving up anything for Lent, DH suggested i might like to give up chocolate, but i soon reminded him that a woman without chocolate makes for a very unhappy house!




Camille..... You have left me a comment on an earlier post about a book but i am unable to email you back either by reply to your email or through blogger as you have them restricted. Can you email me through my profile please so i can reply. Thanks.

21 comments:

  1. Stitchy Santa is great.
    My DD wanted to know if she could give up homework for Lent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is fab...:)

    Erm Lent...I usually give up chocolate but with the house move I think it maybe needed...lol

    Good luck with your choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the Santa a lot Julie, hope you manage to get to stitching tonight Julie as more of that white stuff is forecast your way.
    No stitching on vine as back is not good hopefully if it is sorted tomorrow I will be able to stitch.
    Hugs Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa is cool..I could not be bothered with pancakes...just too ill and too tired..will make a weekend thing of it.
    I am giving up chocolate though! Wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the Santa ornament, Julie. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Santa... yes I had pancakes but haven't given anything up for Lent !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful Santa! I love your finishing, Julie.

    There was fun jazzy music on the radio at work yesterday and we didn't understand why until I remembered ~ it was Fat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a soft spot for the Prairie Schooler Santas too, not that I've stitched one yet though. Yours is lovely. No pancakes here, we completely forgot - maybe we'll have them at the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Santa and it's good to hear your eyes are better. DH should realise how dangerous it is for 'everyone' if we give up chocolate lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute ornament finish Julie!
    Good to hear your eyes are doing better!!!!
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Stitchy Santa. I like Prairie Schooler designs too. I like your header also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your stitching Santa looks wonderful, Julie. Is he stitched over one?

    Glad to hear your eyes are feeling better--I am wondering if stitching is just too hard on our eyes and we need to take a break now and then. Mine have been giving me problems from time to time, too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute finish! Glad your eyes are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Santa,
    I am a bad Mom, I forgot it was pancake day, so I have promised they can have some at the weekend instead(need to go shopping first)
    giving up for lent not much more I can give up...I stopped smoking three years ago, I don't drink, and I am on a diet...so maybe not...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Santa looks brilliant Julie!

    Love your gift for Barb. Such a lovely sentiment and beautifully finished.

    Not giving up anything for lent!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the PS santas as well and Becky K gifted me with one of their santa charts last year so I feel the need to stitch one of them up soon. Yours looks wonderful. Sounds like you are having a busy time of things. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. He has stitched up beautifully Julie - love how you've finished him. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.